Small group tour
Trip code: GWGA31
Trip length: 3 days
Hiking route: Jiankou, Mutianyu, Gubeikou, Jinshanling and Simatai West
Meeting time: 08:00 on Day 1
Meeting point: McDonald's at Oriental Kenzo, 48 Dongzhimenwai Dajie. 东直门外大街东方银座麦当劳
Meeting directions: Dongzhimen Station, subway line 2, Exit C. Turn right after getting out of the shopping mall. We will place a Great Wall Hiking logo in front of our van, and our guide will wear a blue Great Wall Hiking T-shirt or jacket.
Finishing time: 16:00 on Day 3
Finishing point: Foot massage place at Sanlitun三里屯
Hiking duration: 5 hours on Day 1, 5 hours on Day 2, 3 hours on Day 3
Physical rating: ★★★★★
Departure: Monday, March to November
Wild Great Wall at Jiankou, Gubeikou and Simatai West
Restored Great Wall at Mutianyu and Jinshanling
Local farmer's accommodation & home-made local food
Small group of maximum of 8 travelers
1. air-con vehicle with experienced driver
2. personal English-speaking hiking tour guide
3. entrance fees for sections of the Great Wall
4. 2 nights twin-shared accommodation at local guesthouses near the Great Wall
5. unlimited bottled water; meals as listed in the itinerary
6. a certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
1. travel insurance
2. cable car, chairlift, toboggan (slideway) or any other additional local facilities
3. personal expenses
4. tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
What to take:
comfortable shoes or boots, water, snacks, sunscreen, sun-glasses, pocket knife, first aid kit, lip balm, cap
1. You will hike the Wall from A to B every day and your belongings will go with the can/van directly to the accommodation, and you need a day pack to carry water, snacks and other stuff.
2. Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is strongly encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
3. There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Jiankou, Mutianyu, Gubeikou, Jinshanling and Simatai, otherwise be prepared to commune with nature. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
4. Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van.
5. We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
6. Since this trip will go through jungles and bushes, then long pants with zip-off legs will be the best in summer time and shorts are not recommended.
7. You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike on Day 3. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you don't like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
8. It's recommended to prepare some snacks before your departure from Beijing.
9. As responsible travelers, we 'take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint'.