satish bardewa (View My Profile)
Message From Satish Bardewa
Born in Sikkim, grew up playing with nature and butterflies. After graduation I joined a as a Geography teacher in a remote village called Yuksam-which is also the first capital of Sikkim during 1641 AD. My interest in nature conservation and adventure tempted me to explore places and I decided to establish an adventure and leisure travel company in 1991. This company named Yak and Yeti Travels reflects the message of Himalayan people and its culture and lives on sharing the joy of exploration and our lasting happiness in conservation of our natural resources through the sustainable tourism in Sikkim.
We support sustainable tourism to help our local economy grow through tourism, help each other to learn and grow in a friendly and joyful manner is what I learned in my later years, also learned to help governmental policies for sustainable tourism growth and polish them through our experience and expertise. But to my priority learning it was to ensure maximum comfort and safety to our guest with available amenities and circumstances. In a nutshell…not to compete each other but to learn and share the experience from each other and to introduce Sikkim to the outside world by sharing and offering our rich cultural heritage, our way of life and simplicity of our thinking but not compromising with our service quality, guest comfort, environmental damage and our inability to handle the risk factor as an when it may arise.
Our action is oriented towards the International Understanding in mankind and global friendship through tourism and help bring peace to the world through a common understanding of our nature and culture of the Earth- the planet most of us have taken it for granted for being living and blessing planet. Its blessing because we all care for it, it dramatic because we all are indisputable part it, its beautiful because like us you care for it. We all share one home –the Earth- (the only living planet-which gives us life in different dimensions)- and the differences in our language, our custom, our tradition, our way of life and our thoughts and our technology is re-put to our Montessori times with the immortal magic of the Himalayas. Our Nature, Culture and Adventure will always live on with our sense of discovery, curiosity, analysis and judgment of adventure in ourselves.
This very feeling and inquisitiveness and sense of discovery in our team has helped us to meet different people from different parts of the world and the people we work with and with the people we meet in our organization is our “KARMA”. – (Basically explained in connection to the conduct of our former lives).
Our team has committed to be a part of your past and your present in global understanding of making but will you be having time to be a part of us is a bigger question today!
Brief Profile of Satish Bardewa (CEO)
Ex geography teacher of Sikkim Education deptt. and former General Secretary and advisor to TAAS, Life member of Sikkim Mountaineer Association. Best turned out NCC Cadet during the Republic Parade. Liaisons officer to many international mountaineering expeditions, expedition leader to Gurudongmar lake (17, 700 ft) on Mountain bikes, Recipient of Tourism Excellence Award in 1997 and Best adventure tour operator in Sikkim 2010-11.
Excellence level on First Course of Environmental Mountaineering for Liaison Officers organized by Indian Mountaineering Foundation, N. Delhi and Mountain Wilderness International of Italy.
Resource person and instructor for TAAS, ECOSS, SMA, RTDC- Rumtek, Sikkim Development Foundation, NSS, State Home Department and Camp Sikkim. Judge – National Rock Climbing competition 1996.
Representation and contribution made on: TAAS – TAAN meet, 4th TAAN National Eco- trekking workshop, Tourism orientation and marketing course conducted by Tourism Deptt., Sikkim bio-diversity and eco tourism project,
Opening of Mountain peaks for tourism and policy making on tourism, rafting possibility at Rangit water world, Eastern Himalaya 2000, HIMTAB, Tourism Association, TAAS-DATA meet. Indian Mountaineering Foundation, Camp Sikkim and Khanchendzonga Conservation Committee. Study tour on sustainable tourism through stakeholders at Chitwan, Nepal.
Expeditions and peaks climbed
1. B C Roy peak in West Sikkim.
2. Mt. Thingchin Khang peak(6010 mtrs.) in West Sikkim.
3. Chogyal peak in West Sikkim.
4. Frey peak in West Sikkim.
5. Brumkhangse east in North Sikkim.
6. Mt. Siniolchu – Camp III in North Sikkim with Nature friende – Australian Expedition. Mt. Siniolchu – Camp III in North Sikkim with Nature friende – Australian Expedition.
7. Thelu peak in Himachal Pradesh with Royal British Airforce Expedition.
8. Ladakh Peak in Himachal Predesh.
9. Mt. Pandim (6691 mtrs) – up to summit camp.
Courses, certificate and experience.
1. Trek leader of Sikkim Himalayan Trek 1995 organized by Sikkim Tourism.
2. Basic Mountaineering Course 89- HMI Darjeeling,
3. Basic Mountaineering Course 92- SGMI, Gangtok.
4. Advance Mountaineering Curse cum Mt. Pandim Expedition, SGMI, Gangtok.
5. 2 nd Position in All India NCC Rock Climbing competition in Dehradun.
6. Trek leader in All India NCC Trekking Expedition in Garhwal Himalaya.
7. Best cadet in Annual training camp at Rangpo.
8. Best NCC cadet in firing in Army Attachment camp, Damdin.
9. Best turned out NCC cadet and recipient of Cherry Blossom trophy in republic Day camp, New Delhi.
10. Participated in national Rock Climbing and Youth Exchange camp at IMF, New Delhi.
11. Participated in Advance Leadership and national Integration camp.
12. Skiing course at AULI, under GVNM, Garhwal.
13. NSS Camp director of Sadhvavna Siwir (Camp) at Namchi.
14. Instructor for NSS (National Service Scheme) Adventure Course.
15. Guest instructor for basic Mountaineering Course- SGMI.
16 Resource person for training prog. for tour guide, cooks, lodge and transport operators at Uttarey- West Sikkim organized by Sikkim Development Foundation and TAAS in Namchi , South Sikkim.
17. Liaison officer to the Home Department, Government of Sikkim and Indian Mountaineering Foundation, New Delhi.
18 Expedition leader- Pre- Khardungla Mountain Bike Expedition to Gurudongmar lake.
19. Excellence level on First Course of Environmental Mountaineering for Liaison Officers.
20. Explorations of Wild Wood (peak) above Khechoperi lake in West Sikkim and unnamed Lake above Lachung.
21. Planned the 1st sucessful official expedition to MT.Thingchinkhang (6010 mts)in oct 2006.
We are sure that you will appreciate our cause for conservation and eco-tourism policy adopted by Yak and Yeti Travels & Expeditions since 1991.
So if you plan trekking in Sikkim. Call us at +91+99 33 00 88 22 or email us at visitsikkim@yahoo_dot_com or check out Sikkim trekking itinerary at yaknyeti_dot_com
satish bardewatrekking and mountaineering in Sikkim India
Gangtok, India 737101Get More Information or Make Your Reservation »