Christine Krishnan (View My Profile)
Desafio Adventure Company was the first high-adventure company to open its doors back in 1992 in Costa Rica's tropical Northern Zone. Its founder, California-native, Suresh Krishnan, an experienced whitewater rafting guide and kayaker who spent 6 years in the U.S. military, was invited to Costa Rica to work as a raft guide.
Suresh recognized early-on the potential for adventure tourism in the Northern Zone of Costa Rica. He opened his adventure headquarters in La Fortuna, at the base of the Arenal Volcano and another office in the cloud forests of Monteverde and now have centers of operation in Tenorio/Guancaste and Playa Samara. All offices now offer a full-spectrum of adventure activities and transportation in the fast-growing adventure tourism market of Costa Rica.
Desafio Adventure Company is well-known in Costa Rican as being on the cutting edge of adventure and consistently offering unique, personalized tours like its Lost Canyon Adventures 6-waterfall rappel canyoneering tour.
Winner of Virgin Holiday's Best Tour Operator for Local Economies based on its approach to sustainable tourism in Costa Rica.
In fact, with Suresh at its helm, Desafio Adventure Company has had many firsts:
* First to operate rafting tours on the Penas Blancas Class 3-4 (which has since been dammed and no longer has sufficient water levels for rafting).
* First company to commercially raft the Class 4 Rio Toro.
* First and only company to raft and kayak the Class 2-3 Rio Arenal.
* First company to commercially raft the Class 2-3 Rio Balsa.
* First rafting company in Costa Rica to develop a comprehensive evacuation plan for its river operations.
* First company to operate a horseback tour between La Fortuna and Monteverde that serves as a unique and adventurous way to travel between two of Costa Rica's most-popular tourist destinations and part of one of the important biological corridors in the world.
* First company to have 2 offices in the Northern Zone (one in La Fortuna and the other in Monteverde).
* First and only company operating canyoneering with SETENA government permissions.
Christine KrishnanDesafio Adventure Company Costa Rica
La Fortuna, San Carlos, Costa Rica 2007
Great Vacations & Exciting Destinations Listing
Add a full-page listing promoting your accommodations, tours or travel services to customers on our network of travel sites. Your listing page can have up to 26 images, unlimited text, interactive map, availability calendar, ecards, photo-gallery and more.Rates From US $17 Per Month
» View Details