Jan 9, 2013 19:45 - mperkal | 1,847 views
With the biggest holidays past us and a new year ahead of us, now is a great time to plan trips to those places you’ve always dreamed of visiting but couldn’t afford before. The reason that it is more affordable to travel to many popular destinations now such as New York and DC is because this is what is considered the off season. While you may be able to snag a few deals on flights if you travel during the off season, you must not forget the other expenses that can quickly add up when traveling. The good news is that if you plan ahead you can save yourself a lot of money and a few headaches.
After you’ve booked your dream trip you first have to think about how you will get to the airport. While this may seem like a pretty simple task, airport parking can sometimes be a nightmare. Spend time looking for cheap airport parking that is also secure. Airport parking is technically the beginning and end of your journey, so be sure that where you park makes your trip as comfortable and easygoing as possible. Book your airport parking reservations in advance to avoid over paying or having to spend hours searching for a lot the day of your trip.
While the best trips may be the ones where you find spontaneous activities to try, you still want to have a few things that are planned out for you to do. Whether it be going to the landmarks of the area or trying out a popular local restaurant, spend a little time doing online research and have a top three list of things you would be disappointed to have not done or seen while you were visiting your travel destination. Always leave yourself plenty of time to wander around the city leisurely.
Nothing reminds you that your trip is a reality like having to pack for it. Packing may be a bit time consuming but it is definitely one step that can ultimately make your trip less stressful for you and your budget.
- Go online and read the TSA packing guidelines. Even if you think you are a master packer, guidelines change frequently and your entire airport trip can be set back tremendously by having too large of a bottle of shampoo. Follow the strict guidelines to make getting through airport security a breeze
- Check your airline’s bag checking guidelines. If you are allowed to check a bag for free, do not hesitate to do so especially if you have a lot of walking to do through the airport.
- Weigh your bags ahead of time to be sure they are not over the limit. Overweight baggage fees can definitely add up.
- Be sure that you have cash and identification handy and not inside a bag that you may check.
- B.Y.O.S. – Bring your own snacks. Eating out can be extremely costly so by packing your own snacks you can help your budget and your waistline.
Also, be sure you arrive at the airport at least 2 hours early to account for any setbacks such as a random security check.
Getting around a new place can be terrifying. However, there is no better way to get to know a city than by traveling as the locals do. Whether it is by public transportation, biking, or simply walking, be sure that you research to see what the most budget efficient means of transportation will be. Always take into account the amount of time that you will be on vacation and the distance you plan on exploring so that the means of transportation you choose is not only budget efficient but also time effective as well.
These travel tips are provided by The Parking Spot: the leading near-airport parking company in the United States with an array of amenities that make airport parking more enjoyable. Visit www.theparkingspot.com to book your airport parking reservations now.
» Filed Under Travel TipsComments