Minutes away, Nantahala Lake is a fisherman's paradise. It is the only North Carolina lake with fresh water salmon. Below the dam, the Nantahala cascades down the mountain, providing several miles of legendary trout fishing waters. Our own White Oak Creek joins the Nantahala just below the cabins.
At the foot of the mountain, the Nantahala River provides thrilling whitewater rafting and kayaking action as it rushes through the deep gorge. Beyond the rapids, the Nantahala flows into the 29 mile long Lake Fontana with its boating and fishing. Along Fontana's south shore, the famed Tsali trails are a favorite of mountain bikers.
Rising above Fontana's north shore are the peaks of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a half-million acres of wilderness, hiking trails and waterfalls.
Area attractions include the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad, the Cherokee Indian Reservation, Harrah's Casino and the unmatched beauty of the Smokies.
• Locally hand-crafted king and queen-size beds.
• Baths with tub/shower, hair dryers provided.
• Hot tub and Jacuzzi.
• Stacked stone fireplace with gas logs.
• Big screen TV's. Satellite and DVD players.
• Pool or fooz-ball table.
• Dishwasher, microwave, combination oven/stovetop, refrigerator, coffeemaker, ice-maker, toaster, blender and washer/dryer.
• Linens, towels, cookware and dinnerware.
We are located on Nantahala Mountain just 12 miles from Andrews and just a short drive from Murphy, Franklin, Bryson City, Cherokee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.