Most of these attraction sites can be covered by taking a domestic flight from Ethiopian airlines to have the general glimpse of them or can be well explored overland where one will also have a chance to admire the breath taking scenery of chain mountains and also time of interaction with the local community.
The other cultural attraction of the country for which Ethiopia is termed as a melting pot of different cultures are located along the Omo Valley in the south of the country and also the south western region of Surma. Tribes such as the lip plating Mursi, the body decorating karo, the bull jumping hamer and other more are along the list to be covered in this trip.
The trip is mainly done by overland and will give the Chance for travelers to personal interaction of the tribal people,their huts, farms and ways of life in general.
The other major attraction sites in Ethiopia are the natural beauties of the country including the breath taking and trekkers paradise of Simien mountains & Bale park, the lowest point on earth measuring 120 meters below sea level and named Danakil depresiion or Dallol and the active volcano of Erta'ale. The visit to the park will also give a chance to spot the country's endemic and common bird and mammals, wild trees and plants.
Also the more than 10 Parks and additional reserves of the country will give one the chance to spent time in spotting variety of bird out of the country's 826 species. That is why Ethiopia is mainly attracting a good number of bird watchers every year.
Due to the custom of practicing the Julian calendar in Ethiopia, Ethiopian Christmas or locally called “Genna” or “Lidet” falls a week after the rest of the world, around January 07th mainly.
Meskel, literarily means cross is the second colorfully celebrated festival according to the Ethiopian calendar following the New Year; Enkutatash.Ethiopians welcomes September 26 & 27th colorfully as the only Christian nation to mark the memorial of finding of the cross and call the festival, “Meskel”. September 26th is the day where a big bonfire, called in the native language “Demera” will be made at big squares, churches and villages and will be lit together with music, dancing and spirit of festivity. The direction where the pillar of the fire falls also has a tradition interpretation of peace, war and good harvest.
For Danakil depression & Erta'ale we advice people to be at age range of 18-70 and make sure they are fit for such trip to warm temperature of average 40 degree Celsius. Also pregnant and handicap people with problem of walking up rough mountains are not advised to join this trip
Also for hotels stay we provide meals at restaurants but for overnights in Camping, we shall send a professional cook who can provide meals cooked with in the camping facility.
for some dogmatic reasons and explanations female travelers are restricted from entering in some monasteries and churches. IN general we advice women to cover their head or hair during visit to the churches, monasteries and mosques as a sign of respect to the respective religious centers.
A guarantee deposit of 25% of the total payment is needed at the time of confirmation of the trip. The remaining 75% of the total payment is needed minimum Two month prior to the arrival of the group which will directly be made a guarantee deposit for Hotels, Coach Companies, ferry and other ground arrangements.
We refund 75% of the advance payment made in case trips are canceled in 3 weeks time before arrival. We refund 50% of the advance payment made in case trips are canceled in 2 week time before arrival. Cancellation made within 10 days before arrival has refund of 25% of the total payment but cancellations made within 1 week before arrival have no any refund as all advance payments will be over.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance. We look forward to the pleasure of assisting you in every way to make this trip an overwhelming success.
Take off shoes while entering churches and avoid using flash cameras in some churches where old paintings are getting damages due to light.
Come with cameras of good resolutions particularly for the celebration of x-mass as it can get crowded and you may not have good chance of being close to the clergy.
Pickup / Departure Location: Addis Ababa, Bole International Airport or any border town for those coming with vehicles from the neighboring countries.
December-January being the warm season brings shorts, t-shirts, hats, sun-screen creams for those having skin problems.
Trips involve a reasonable amount of walk so bring good walking shoes.
Malaria can be available in the lakes regions of Bahir Dar and Gondar, so bring mosquito repellent sprays.
we have representatives in Italy and Russia for those looking for a near by feedbacks.