There's nothing like it; miles of beach so private it’s unlikely you’ll see another person as you stroll thru the surf, across dunes and around majestic rock formations. There are no giant hotels, beach vendors, jet ski’s or loud bars…just miles and miles of peaceful serenity literally steps from your hammock. During whale season you’ll spot dozens of migrating whales so close you can hear them breach and tail-slap the Pacific—every day. Sunsets are breathtaking, the sound of waves harmonizing with breezes swaying the palms. Overhead, the night skies are so clear you could read a book by starlight. To our east, the Sierra de la Laguna mountains rise to over 6,000 feet, with arroyos and waterfalls to discover. This is what a beach vacation should be. And if you are a cooking enthusiast, at Cocina Pacifica you’ll learn from the most talented chefs of Cabo as we prepare dinner each night. Whether you want to learn ‘hands-on’, or kick back with a glass of wine and cheer others on, these are recipes you can easily reproduce in your own home! In either case, you’ll be treated to some of the most amazing meals you’ll ever have.
Here at Cocina Pacifica we have all-inclusive 3-day and 7-day itineraries to choose from. Meals, wine, cerveza, luxury accommodations, and excursions to markets, galleries, fishing, golf and shopping are all provided. (Except airfare)
Arrive in Los Cabos (SJD), where you’ll be met by your personal driver and taken to Cocina Pacifica.
Once you’ve checked into your beautiful suite at Cocina Pacifica, relax with a margarita around the pool or perhaps take a stroll on our beautiful and secluded beach.
Dinner class begins around 5pm each afternoon, with a break to have a glass of wine and toast the setting sun. We use the top chefs from local restaurants, each teaching you their personal favorites. Classes are very informal, with the emphasis on you learning wonderful dishes you can easily re-create at home.
Breakfast served on the patio overlooking the Pacific from 7:00am to 8:30am.
• Planned Excursion: Leave Cocina Pacifica around 11:00 for a tour of Todos Santos, gallery visits and have lunch in town. Todos Santos is considered the “Sante Fe of Mexico” with dozens of artist galleries and studios.
• Fishing: Cabo is perhaps the most prolific sport-fishing destination in the world, with Marlin, tuna and Dorado (Mahi Mahi) biting year-round. We also have all the equipment for surf fishing right in our own backyard, along with plenty of instruction.
• Golf: There are a dozen world-class golf courses around Cabo, with two or three courses always named in Golf Digests Top 100 of the World. Cocina Pacifica can provide tee times and transportation upon request.
• Hiking: Want to do a little hiking and exploring? Four miles of pristine and secluded beach are at your doorstep, or you can follow the arroyos for about a mile to the foothills of the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains and climb small waterfalls and wade in streams for another ten miles.
• Feeling Adventuresome? For the surfers—or wannabes—Cerritos Beach is several miles north of us and is the premier surf break in Southern Baja. Lessons are available. How about an Ultra-light flight? Your pilot will pick you up on the beach in front of Cocina Pacifica and give you a birds-eye view of Baja and migrating whales. Like eating dust? Ten miles south, you can take 4-wheeler excursions into the arroyos and beaches. And the list is endless; just let us know what floats your boat and we’ll make it happen.
• Absolutely Nothing: This is our favorite option! Have a day-long siesta at Cocina Pacifica, watching the whales from your hammock while warm pacific breezes gently rock you under the palms. Lunch will be served on the beach.
Sleeping and meals
Cocina Pacifica was designed and built as a small, luxurious boutique hotel and private beachfront home. We have five large guest suites, each over 500 square feet, with private baths and sitting rooms. Each room has a wonderful view of the Pacific Ocean, and opens into our private, walled garden and pool.
In the main house you’ll find our professionally equipped kitchen and a complete outdoor kitchen under the palapa. Both have an amazing view of the beach and Pacific—we actually see whales while at the stove! We also have a large, comfortable living room with US DishTV and internet connections, plus a library. Our patio facing the Pacific sits on a 40’ granite bluff, with stairs leading to our private beach. Want to catch a movie or football game? Upstairs is a huge den with home theater and seating for ten.
The word on our location is Privacy. Although we are only 30 minutes from Cabo San Lucas, we are light-years apart. The nearest hotel is 12 miles away, there are no beach vendors constantly bothering you, and the nearest bar is 10 miles away. Here, you can safely hike the beautiful desert mountains, arroyo waterfalls and caves are a peaceful stroll away, and the beach is simply spectacular with miles of secluded white sand and natural rock formations. And then there’s the hammocks—There is nothing quite like a siesta in one of your hammocks, the constant sound of the Pacific surf and the steady breezes rock you to sleep as palms sway.
About the weather: Being right on the Pacific, our weather is quite simply perfect. From October thru July it’s 75-80 during the day, high-fifties at night, and no rain. Every single day. August and September are our hurricane months so it’s hot, sticky and not so bueno. Which is why we aren’t open during those months.
$1,150 per person / double occupany for 3 night class. $2,450 per person / double occupancy for 7 night class. All meals, drinks and excursions included.
Great Vacations & Exciting Destinations Listing
Add a full-page listing promoting your accommodations, tours or travel services to customers on our network of travel sites. Your listing page can have up to 26 images, unlimited text, interactive map, availability calendar, ecards, photo-gallery and more.Rates From US $17 Per Month
» View Details