- Come explore thousands of exciting destinations, relaxing getaways, unique vacations, cool adventures, once in a lifetime trips & great accommodations.
The Listing Manager enables you to access and update your company's information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Through this module you can update your listing, upload images and view statistics.
Any changes that you make will be instantly reflected on your listing page and will be visible to RealAdventures' visitors. Help/FAQs for Travel Providers
Listing Manager Options
- Listing Information
- Primary Information
- Map & Weather City
- Link To Your Web Page
- English-Like HTML FileName
- Contact Information
Local Region Descriptive Text Amenities RateCard Nearby Attractions Listing Images View Listing
To update your listing, click on Update Your Listing in the left menu of every screen.
You will be prompted to enter your listing number or e-mail address and password. If you enter your e-mail address, you will see a table of all your listings and should then select which one you wish to update.
Please note that the password is case-sensitive. This means, to our system, 'APPLE', 'apple' and 'Apple' are not the same password. Please be sure to enter the password exactly as selected when you created your listing. If you are not sure what your password is, you can have it e-mailed to you.
For security reasons, the correct password must be entered within three attempts otherwise the listing will be disabled. You will need to e-mail us at Feedback in order to have your listing re-enabled. Please provide identifing information such a receipt or confirmation e-mail.
If you cannot remember the password for your listing, our system can e-mail it to the address we have on file.
To have it e-mailed to you, click on Update Your Listing in the left menu of every screen. On the next screen you will see a link for Forgot your password?. Click on this and then enter your listing #.
Your password will be sent to you immediately but may take some time to reach you depending on internet traffic and your e-mail system.
We will send out an e-mail reminder approximately 7-10 days before your listing is due to expire. You can then login to your listing and enter a payment to keep the listing active.
Once your listing expires, it will not be accessible to potential customers but, it is maintained in our system for up to one year after expiration. This gives you a year to renew/reactivate your listing.
This section enables you to add or update your contact information, password, summary text, links to homepage, property's price range and the region or category for your listing.
- Listing #
- Your listing # is shown near the top of the page. Please reference this number when corresponding with our support team. Due to the number of listings in our database, we are unable to locate listings without this number.
- Expiration Date
- Date that this listing will expire and no longer be part of our active database. All listings will remain in our files for upto two years after expiration. Be sure to renew/extend your listing before this date to avoid missing potential customers.
- E-Mail Addresses
- Please make sure your e-mail addresses are up-to-date and correct. These are the only way customers have of contacting you to make a reservation or for more information.
- Name of Listing
- The name of the property or service. Example: 'Sunset Bed & Breakfast', '10 Day Tour of England', etc.
- Contact Name
- The name of the property owner, manager or sales representative. Example: 'John Smith'.
- Password & Verify Password
- The password for this listing is required to access and update the information. Do not use your listing # or your name as your password. Please make the password unique and difficult to guess by using upper and lower case and punctuation. Examples: Oranges.Apples, Staple.Gun, Moon.Star.
- Manager's E-Mail
- The contact's e-mail address. This will ONLY be used by RealAdventures to correspond with the listing owner/manager. E-mail reports, expiration notices and verifications will also be sent to this address.
- Reservations/Sales E-Mail
- Listing Type
- Select the type of product, property or service that you offer. There are over 1000 listing types, including: Vacation Rentals, Accommodations, Adventure Travel, Airlines.
Each listing type has different field headings. For instance, vacation rental listings have a 'Description of Property' field, but Adventure Travel listings have a 'Description of Activities/Sports' field.
- Global Region, Country & State
- The location where your property or service is offered. If you don't see your country listed, try changing the global region. If you don't see your state/province, try changing the country.
These three fields may not necessarily be where your billing/sales office is located. For instance, if you are an adventure tour company, your sales office may be in San Francisco but the hiking is offered in Nepal.
In this case, you should enter Nepal in this area. Later, in the 'Contact Information' section, you can enter San Francisco for your billing/sales office
In a few cases, you may offer a product or service that spans multiple states or countries. In that case, select the 'Country-Wide' or 'Continent-Wide' option.
- Local Region
- The specific area within the state or province that your property or service is offered. For instance, if you offer a Bed & Breakfast in Florida, you might select 'Orlando', 'Miami' or 'Key West' in this field.
If this area is blank, after entering the rest of the information on this screen, click 'Save Changes' at the bottom. The next screen will enable you to select the local region.
In a few cases, you may offer a product or service that spans the entire state. In that case, select the 'State-Wide' option.
- Summary Text
- A brief description (up to 250 characters) of your property/service. This will be displayed at the top of your listing. It will also be shown on the summary pages as visitors search your region for listings that meet their interests and needs.
- Price Range
- Enter the low-end and high-end price for this listing. The low-end price may be in effect during off-seasons and the high-end is in effect during peak-periods.
You will have an opportunity to enter a more complete rate-card in the 'RateCard' section of the Listing Manager.
- Active Listing
- You may want to temporarily deactive your listing if your service/property is sold out, or otherwise unavailable. You can deactive and reactive your listing at any time.
- Listing Partner Report
- Periodically we send out a report advising of enhancements to the system or other opportunities for you to market your products/services through RealAdventures or our partners.
We do not ever sell or rent your e-mail address to third-parties.
- If you have entered a payment by credit-card, selecting this option will automatically renew your listing approximately 7-10 days before expiration. A charge will be made to the credit-card on file and you will receive a receipt by e-mail.
If the credit-card has expired or declined, you will receive an e-mail suggesting that you renew your listing before missing potential customers.
If you have not paid by credit-card, this option will have no effect. You will receive an e-mail approximately 7-10 days before your listing is due to expire.
Select the local region for your listing. For example, if your listing is in Florida, this option enables you to select where in Florida you are located (i.e.: Orlando, Miami, Key West, etc).
If your business operates on a state level, you can select your 'State-Wide' as your local region. For example, if you are registering an auto-rental business that operates in Massachusetts, you would select "Massachusetts: State-Wide".
This is where you control the bulk of the text information on your company including description of property and surrounding area, restrictions, directions, etc.
This section gives you an opportunity to really describe your property or service in your own words. Keep in mind that some potential customers will be from your backyard while others might be visiting from around the world.
Also, most visitors to our site expect to find a complete description of a property or service - not merely a link to another web site (they would have started from a search engine/portal in that case). So merely entering 'see our web site' undermines the effectiveness of the listing.
The amenities section enables you to select the amenities that your property or service offers to its guests.
The RateCard feature helps you build a price chart for your services quickly and easily. Your customers will get a sense of seasonal price fluctuations, multi-day or multi-person discounts.The RateCard can be edited at any time. To use the RateCard follow the directions below. They are also on the RateCard page.
- Start by selecting the dates that the prices are effective, examples include: June 1, 2001 to September 1, 2001, June to September or even 2001 to 2002.
- Then enter the price range for your services during this period. This would include discounts or cheaper options to luxury services/accommodations.
- Finally, in the Note field, enter if the rate is per person, per night or any other notation that's appropriate.
Note: Deleted records (*) may continue to appear on this screen, but will not be displayed on your listing page.
The Nearby Attraction feature allows listing partners to create a table of popular attractions and their proximity to them. To create an entry, simply type the name of the attraction or service in the left box, and the distance from you in the right box. Then Click on "Add".
- If you'd like to edit an entry, make the changes then click on the save button at right.
- If you wish to delete an entry, simply click on the "Delete" button to the right of it.
Note: Deleted records (*) may continue to appear on this screen, but will not be displayed on your listing page.
Simply put, images make your listing look better. And better looking listing get more traffic. We recently determined that listings with at least one image received twice as many hits as those with no images. More impressively, adding 5 or more images can increase your traffic five-fold.
For this reason, RealAdventures allows each listing up to 26 images. We highly recommend that you utilize this feature. If you own a B&B, show people where they'll be sleeping at night. If you run tours, give people a taste of what they'll see. The web is a visual medium, take advantage of that.
The Image page allows you to add or update images. Image #1 will also be displayed with your summary that appears when people find your listing by region or category. Instructions for updating your images can be found on the image page.
You can extend your listing and upgrade your listing's priority level at any time.
To extend your listing, select "Payment" from the Listing Manager menu and follow the directions below:
- On the payment screen, there is a table summarizing your RealAdventures account. On the right side, there are several 'radio buttons' that you can click on to select how long you wish to extend the listing for.
- Once you have selected the amount of time you would like to extend your listing, enter your billing information at the bottom of the screen.
- After you have entered your billing information, click the "calculate total" button.
- You will be brought to a screen which allows you to view your total purchase price. Your card will NOT be charged until you click on the "Payment Information Is Correct" button at the bottom of the page.
- If all of your information is correct, click the "Payment Information Is Correct" button at the bottom of the screen. Your credit card will be charged the amount shown; a receipt will be sent to your email address.
If you prefer to pay by check, please follow the instructions above to determine your total bill. Once your total is determined, send a check in that amount to:RealAdventuresPlease include your listing number on the check. Your listing will be extended as soon as your check is received. A receipt will be emailed to you when the payment is entered.
&[mCompanyCity], &[mCompanyState] &[mCompanyZip]
For technical, legal, and copyright reasons, we simply cannot and will not take pictures from any web site, even if it is your own site and even if you provide written authorization. But if you have the authority to do so, you may be able to save those images to your computer and then submit them to us via our "Add Images" form.