Set in 19 acres of Devon Woodland overlooking the sea and Exe estuary. Within easy walking distance of 1.5miles of glorious sandy beaches. The Warren Golf Club (500 metres) offers preferential rates to guests at the hotel.There is an internationally renowned nature reserve and bird sanctuary located on Dawlish Warren (800 metres.Powderham Castle ancestral home of the Earl of Devon is just 3 Miles from the Hotel and hosts regular Jousting competitions throughout the summer.Exeter the administrative capital of Devon is just 10 miles from the hotel and boasts a fine heritage dating back to Roman times and a comprehensive shopping centre.Dartmoor national Park is just 12 miles from the hotel with it's 365 square miles of unspoilt countryside and spectacular views.Newton Abott with it's regular markets and national hunt racecourse is just 10 miles away. Teignmouth and Shaldon are 4 and 5 miles away respectively on the banks of the Teign estuary.Plymouth with it's fine naval history is around an hours drive and also hosts the national maritime museum.
The Hotel is set in 19 acres of woodland with extensive lawns looking down over the sea.There is ample free parking within the secluded wooded grounds. The hotel is located on 2 floors with 11 rooms available on the ground floor and the remainder accessible by a lift and 4 staircases. There are extensive public rooms many with picturesque sea views.
All of the rooms at the 3 star Langstone Cliff Hotel are furnished to a high standard with en-suite bath and showers. All rooms have a Digital LCD tv with satellite including sports channels, trouser press and hair dryer. All rooms have tea and coffee making facilities. Many of the rooms have spectacular sea views and or balconies, several are air conditioned. There are a few family suites comprising of 2 rooms, a small lobby and a bathroom ideal for families with young children.
There are a host of facilities at the hotel including 2 Bars, indoor and outdoor children's play areas, a tennis court, and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The leisure complex incorporates a fitness room, and hairdressing salon, to complement the heated indoor swimming pool.There is a laundrette on the premises and ironing facilities.The hotel has almost unrivalled conference and meeting facilities for up to 400 delegates in the Washington Suite and has a choice of an additional 5 meeting rooms.There is a wide range of equipment available on site including Flip Charts, Overhead Projectors (OHP), screens, Data Projectors, Slide Projectors, Videos and monitors. The Hotel also has a broadband connection to the internet form each of it's conference rooms.
Room service is available 24 hours a day. There is a hairdressing Salon which is open Tuesday to Saturday and a Beauty and holistic therapist on-site.
From Exeter and the North
1. Leave the M5 at Junction 30
2. Follow the signs for Dawlish (A379) 2nd exit on the Sandygate Roundabout
3. Proceed along a short length of dual carriageway for approximately half a mile, bear left
following the signs for Dawlish.
4. Filter on to a second dual carriageway for approximately a quarter mile to Countess Wear
Roundabout. Take the 2nd exit signposted Dawlish (A379)
5. Proceed along the road (over the swing bridge) for about 500 metres to Matford Roundabout,
take the first exit signposted Dawlish (A379)
6. Continue along the Exminster Bypass approx 2 miles (Sannerville Way) to the roundabout
take the second exit and proceed towards Kenton. Approximately 4 miles.
7. Continue through Kenton to the village of Starcross.
8. Once through Starcross proceed along beside the railway to a sharp right hand bend with
Cockwood Harbour on your left as you turn out of the bend.
9. Take the road 20 metres beyond the bend adjacent to the harbour and proceed to Dawlish
Warren, pass the Anchor inn
10. Approximately 1 mile to Dawlish Warren proceed through the village pass the turning to the
beach on the left.
11. Continue up the hill, pass the Mount Pleasant Inn on your left. The Hotel entrance is
approximately 50 metres on the left, look out for a large Blue Sign.
From Plymouth and the South West
1. From Plymouth take the A38 Expressway towards Exeter.
2. At Haldon Hill just passed the Happy Eater Restaurant take the turning left signposted to
Dunchideock and Exeter Racecourse.
3. Turn right at the junction and proceed under the A38 towards the A380.
4. Cross the Mini Roundabout and proceed for approximately half a mile to the junction with the
5. Cross the A380 and follow the road adjacent to the Café
6. Continue down the lane for approximately 2 miles to the B3381. Continue along the road to
the left where the road connects to the B3381.
7. Follow the road down the hill being careful of oncoming traffic and tight bends for
approximately 4 miles.
8. At the T Junction with New Road, opposite the golf course, take a right turn and proceed to
the main A379 at Cockwood Harbour.
9. At the Junction with the main A379 at Cockwood you will see a road opposite you running
along the back of the Harbour. Take this road to Dawlish Warren.
12. Approximately 1 mile to Dawlish Warren proceed through the village pass the turning to the
beach on the left.
13. Continue up the hill pass the Mount Pleasant inn on your left. The Hotel entrance is
approximately 50 metres on the left look out for a large Blue Sign.
|4th September to 23rd December 2009||£ 61 ||£ 78 ||Room and Breakfast|
|4th September to 23 December||£ 77 ||£ 108 ||Dinner, Room, & Breakfast|
*Please contact advertiser
for rates & availability for your travel dates.