As many return divers/vacationers to Bonaire have found, it is not necessary to stay in one of the big hotels to really enjoy Bonaire. In fact, the reef is so close to the shore, all you need is a rental car and a comfortable place to stay to enjoy diving on Bonaire. There are nearly 70 dive sites that run along the lee side of the island and most are accessible from the shore. Guided "Snorkel Tours" are also available by Marine Biologists. For Open Water Swimmers, Masters Swimmers Ocean Kayakers, Cyclists, Runners, Triathletes, Bonaire is the perfect place to train, and The Deep Blue View is the perfect place to rest and relax during your training. Bird watchers will enjoy Washington National Park, home to over 170 species of tropical birds such as the Caribbean Parrot, Yellow Shouldered Parrot, Ruby Topaz and Emerald Humming Bird, Tropical Mocking Bird & Belted Kingfisher.
All four guestrooms have vaulted ceilings, air conditioning and ceiling fans. King size custom built beds are a tropical “louvered” design and the subtle color scheme matches the species of fish for which the room is named. Contemporary art and photos complete the décor in this modern hacienda style villa. The dining area is outside on the patio overlooking the sea. There are giant two-person hammocks swaying in the tropical breeze so that guests can enjoy the outdoors all day and all evening too. An 8-inch Meade telescope is available for star gazing and an observation deck with hammock puts you just a little closer to the sky.
The Triggerfish Master Room accommodates 2 guests with a sitting area, full walk-in closet, private bath with Jacuzzi tub, fully tiled walk-in shower and two sinks. The Damselfish Suite accommodates 2 guests with a private loft for reading or extra sleeping area for one. The room has a sitting area, wardrobe and private bath with shower. The Angelfish and Parrotfish Rooms accommodate 3 to 4 guests and share a large bath with 2 sinks. Each room has 2 closest areas, writing desk, and sitting area. All prices are per room for two people and not “per person”.
Freshly prepared breakfast each morning. Complimentary beverage and snack upon arrival. Communal refrigerator stocked with cold beverages. BBQ on the patio to grill your own lunch or dinner. Brown bag breakfast for those early morning flights. Star gazing with 8" Meade LX50 telescope. Observation deck, pool and shaded hammocks swaying in the trade winds. Beach towels and coolers provided for day trips. Fluffy towels, bathroom supplies and hairdryers. Laundry service available upon request for minimal charge.
Car Rental, Dive Packages, and other rentals.
Smoking permitted in designated areas outdoors.
Room Name # People Dec. 15 - Apr. 15 Apr. 16 - Dec. 14
Damsel Suite 2 $180 per night $159 per night
Trigger Master 2 $195 per night $180 per night
Angel-Parrot Rooms 3 - 4 $250 per night $235 per night
Taxes ARE included, rates are in $US. All prices are per room and not “per person” so you do NOT need to double the price.
The Deep Blue View bed & breakfast
Kaya Diamanta #50
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
1. From the Airport go North (turn right) onto Airport Road (Kaya Internashonal) until it ends at the stadium and turn left onto Kaya Gilbert F. Groes. (follow the signs to the hotels)
2. Turn right onto Abraham Boulevard. This street takes you right downtown and goes on through town turning right.
3. Turn left before the curve in the street onto Kaya Grandi, which looks like a pedestrian crosswalk. You will see all the shops and ABN Bank is on the corner.
4. Stay on this street (Kaya Grandi) until it ends and turn left onto Kaya Gobernador N. Debrot. This street takes you past all of the large hotels on the ocean.
5. Stay on this road past The Habitat and start looking for the water distillation plant on the left. Past the plant on the right is Kominda Santa Barbara. Turn right on this road.
6. Kominda Santa Barbara is paved but then turns into a dirt road as it climbs up the hill toward the water tanks. When it turns into pavement again it becomes Kaya Diamanta. Continue up the street until Kaya Turkesa and turn left. You're there!
Antilliean Discount, Airline Pilot Discount, Travel Agent Discount, Travel Writers & Photograpers Discount, Extended Stay Discount.
|The Deep Blue View Bed & Breakfast|
Kaya Diamanta #50, Bonaire, Bonaire
|Scuba Diving||5 min.|