Cozumel Island is only 12 miles off the mainland of the Yucatan in Mexico, and is considered part of the Mexican Caribbean. Cozumel is 28 miles long and about 10 miles wide, and is world renown for excellent scuba diving and snorkeling. It is also well-known for being one of the safest destinations in the Caribbean. The local people of are Mayan descent, are very hospitable and friendly, and generously welcome visitors to their island.
In addition to scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming and simply enjoying the sun and beautiful beaches, there is also parasailing, jet skis, windsurfing, deep sea fishing and even surf fishing. Pay a visit to Chankanaab National Park and see the beautiful lagoon and botanical gardens or swim with the dolphins, visit the very popular San Franciso Beach, take the kids to the new water park or relax on a secluded beach on the east side of the island...it is your choice. On dry land, there is horseback riding, miniature golf, visiting the ruins, shopping and a wide selection of very reasonably priced restaurants. There is some night life, including the famous Carlos N Charlies downtown, and a couple of other hot spots, and Cozumel even has a brand new very modern 6 screen theater.
If you like, you can always take a trip to the mainland for a walk through the Mayan jungle to swim in a cenote (spring) or take a tour to the amazing Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza.
Vacation Rental Property
Feel the tropical breeze as you gently sway in a hammock under a large, natural palm leaf palapa roof and hear the sound of water cascading from the rock fountain into the swimming pool. Maybe you would prefer relaxing on the bench in the raised level of the swimming pool or soaking up the sun in a comfortable cushioned lounge chair. Everyone can gather under the palapa for a dinner cooked on the gas BBQ grill, or we can arrange for a private cook service to delight you with local cuisine. The private garden features a huge variety of tropical plants including bougainvillea, hibiscus, copa de oro, a large tropical shade tree plus banana, lime and coconut palm trees. There is even an outdoor shower plus a dive rinse tank and secure areas for drying scuba or snorkeling equipment.
And such a convenient location. On a residential street in Cozumel's newest and nicest residential area but just 500 yards from the Mexican Caribbean. You are within walking distance to groceries, liquor, restaurants, a 6 screen theater, shopping and the downtown main square. There is even an in-town public beach within walking distance.
Sleeps & # of Bedrooms
Each of the 4 bedrooms has it's own private bath. villas
Topaz sleeps 8-11 people comfortably. There are 4 king sized beds, but changes can be made to meet the needs of guests. Downstairs in the front bedroom there is a futon sofa that can be made into a double bed and one of the two king size beds can be changed to 2 twin beds. Upstairs the king size bed in the bedroom just off the living area can be changed from a king bed to 2 twin beds.
In addition, for one extra bed there is a fold up single bed with a thick foam mattress that can be put in the living area .
* Ceramic tiled, two-level swimming pool
* Natural rock fountain that pours into the upper level of the pool
* Two downstairs patios, one with a natural palm leaf palapa roof
* Front terrace and screened porch upstairs
* Tropical garden
* Outdoor shower
* Dive rinse tank and secure drying areas for scuba or snorkeling gear
* Hammocks under the palapa covered patio
* Cushioned lounge chairs and Adirondack chairs
* Two outdoor tables and chairs
* Gas BBQ grill
* Off-street secure parking for up to 2 vehicles
* Fully air-conditioned with remote controls in each room
* Ceiling fans throughout
* 2 living/dining areas
* 2 complete kitchens with refrigerators, ovens, blenders, microwaves, coffeemakers, electric mixers and toaster ovens
* All dishes, flatware, glasses and cookware are provided
* 2 color TVs, 2 DVD players, cable service, 2 CD players
* Wireless high speed internet service - bring your laptop
* 2 sets of washers and dryers. They are used by the maids during the day, but available for guests in the evening.
* 2 irons and ironing boards
* hair dryers in each bathroom
* 2 drying racks
* 2 telephone lines for local calls and you can call the toll free number for ATT, MCI or Sprint long distance service.
* DVD movies, music CDs and reading library
* Custom made, fully lined curtains throughout
* Custom made Mexican rustic furniture upholstered in imported fabrics
* 2 small safes for valuables
* Internet access account for use with your laptop
* Pressurized water system
* All towels, sheets and even beach towels provided
* 2 coolers to take to the beach
* An assortment of pool and beach toys
* Purified water is provided
All linens, towels and beach towels are provided and for weekly rentals there is daily maid service (except Sundays and major Mexican holidays)is included.
Policies & Restrictions
For adults over 25 years old plus any guest under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Rates & Availability
High season from early January through April is $1,995/week.
Low season is May-August with rates of $1,795/wk
Fall discount rates from September until mid-December are $1,625/wk.
These rates are for up to 8 guests. Additional guests are $100/wk each up to a maximum of 11.
There are also local fees of 12% and a refundable $300 security deposit.
Please contact us for Christmas and New Years week rates.
All rates are subject to change without notice until a reservation is confirmed.
|May 1-August 31, 2007||$1,869||$1,869||/wk up to 8 guests $75/wk each for more, up to 11|
|September 1 - December 15, 2007||$1,695||$1,695||/wk up to 8 guests $75/wk each for more, up to 11|
|January 5-April 30, 2008||$2,150||$2,150||/wk up to 8 guests $75wk each for more, up to 11|
|May 1-August 31, 2008||$1,869||$1,869||/wk up to 8 guests $75/wk eac|
*Please contact advertiser
for rates & availability for your travel dates.