We are situated in a very unspoilt region dominated by farmland between the small town of Trie sur Baïse (famous for its rugby team) and the village of Fontrailles (140 inhabitants). Trie is well known for its Tuesday morning pig market - the largest in France - and its World Pig Squeal Imitation Contest each year in July.
You will appreciate the peaceful surrounding Gascon countryside and the mild climate all year around. The region offers numerous nature activities (country walks, bike rides, birdwatching, fishing...) as well as the gastronomic pleasures of Gascony (foie gras, armagnac and the vineyards of Madiran).
Excursions within driving distance:
- the Pyrenees are less than 1 hour away with the Pic du Midi, the Betharram grotto, the prehistorical caves, the gorges de la Save, the cirque de Gavarnie and the Pyrenees National Park enjoyable both in summer or in winter with mountain and cross-country skiing.
- the mountain villages of Aragon in Spain are just over 1 hour away
- Lourdes, 40 minutes away, is Europe's most famous pilgrimage
- Auch - centre of Gascony and birthplace of d'Artagnan, Toulouse - capital of South West France, the medievil town of Carcassonne - and the Atlantic (Biarritz) less than 2 hours away, the Mediterranean (Perpignan) 3 hours drive through the Languedoc.
- and nearby many historical and archeological sites to visit as well as famous spa resorts.
Activities available at Jouandassou and nearby : - a private swimming pool, table tennis, mountain bike rentals ... in the grounds
- deer stalking and mushroom picking in the nearby woods, birdwatching (ornithological reserve) 3 kms away
- tennis in the village (500 meters away)
- an 18 hole golf course 20 mins away (by car)
- fishing in the Baïse and nearby lakes
- all mountain activities in the Pyrénées (rockclimbing, caving, canoeing and parapenting, ...)
- numerous festivals including the Mirande Country Music Festival in July and the Marciac Jazz Festival in August
We offer a copious breakfast and evening meals including a variety of regional and traditional cuisine, as well as exotic "specials" once a week. Picnics and light lunches also available. Vegetables, eggs, milk and poultry produce are supplied by our neighbouring farmers. You can also indulge in the popular wine-tastings at the nearby Madiran, St. Mont and Jurançon vineyards. If you are looking for a real "get away from it all" holiday in deepest France with comfort, cleanliness and calm guaranteed, this is for you.
Jouandassou is an eighteenth century coaching inn
situated in southern Gascony, in the Baïse valley overlooking the Pyrenees.Tastefully restored to its original condition, Jouandassou offers 4 guest bedrooms, each with an individual style and character, all with en-suite facilities, also a separate dining room and library-lounge for guests (with TV and wireless broadband internet connection). Set in a 10 acre park with gardens and swimming pool. Gourmet meals. Calm and conviviality.
- From Biarritz - exit A64 "Tarbes Est / Trie sur Baïse"
- From Foix - exit A64 "Lannemezan"
- From Toulouse - exit A64 "Aurignac" then Boulogne-sur-Gesse, turn left to Castelnau-Mangoac, then Trie sur Baïse.
gares SNCF Tarbes ou Lannemezan (30 kms)
Pau Pyrénées 100kms,
Toulouse Blagnac 110kms
|all year||US $60||US $60||2 persons 1 night|
*Please contact advertiser
for rates & availability for your travel dates.