Join us for a rafting adventure down the Kicking Horse River! Alpine Rafting is located a short drive from Calgary, Alberta, Banff, Lake Louise, Radium Hot Springs and Revelstoke. The Kicking Horse River boasts unparalleled thrills for all levels: from our Family Packages to the longest continuous whitewater in the Canadian Rockies- Alpine Rafting offers five distinct trips: the Kicking Horse River Challenge, the Kicking Horse Classic, the Ultimate Whitewater, the Afternoon Whitewater and The Family Whitewater
There are other companies that run the Kicking Horse River, so you may be doing your homework. Although each company has their strengths, these are the reasons we think Alpine Rafting offers the best day on the river.
Since 1984, we’ve guided over 90,000 people down the Kicking Horse River. With this many years in operation comes experience. From our fleet of rafts to our selection of trips: we’ve spent the last 25 years honing the experience we provide.
FIVE Reasons to Raft with Alpine...
Longer rafting trip! We begin our day in Yoho National Park, and raft 4 extra kilometres than other companies. For first-time rafters, this means extra time to get comfortable in the raft, learn the paddle strokes and commands from your guide without pressure. Did we also mention that this is one of the most beautiful stretches of the river? We offer the longest day on the River.
Best Gear on the Water! We outfit you from head to toe. From our Gore Tex SprayJackets, to Neoprene Boots, Gloves, and Canadian made wetsuits, we’ve put a lot of thought into your comfort. Our fleet of rafts are cutting edge. Our eye popping candy red rafts and splash jackets make for amazing rafting shots!
* Our Lunch is Great! Hot & Cold Drinks, Fruit & Veggie Platters, Alberta Beef Burgers, Free Range Chicken Breast Burgers Potato Wedges, Salad, and Cookies for Desert. Want a double cheeseburger or seconds? Help yourself!
We have snacks! Between the Middle and Lower Canyon, we offer our clients a snack of Cookies, Fruit and Water to keep you stoked!
Our Team Rocks! It’s true, we’re not afraid to say it – you’ll have a great day out on the water with our Team.
If you're researching a whitewater rafting Company to raft with, here are some questions to ask:
* How long has the company been in business? The longer an outfitter has been in business, the more honed the river experience will be.
* What condition is their river gear in? Look for a company that replaces the River Gear you will be wearing all day on an annual basis. Tears, holes, and faded equipment is not acceptable for your day out on the water.
* How many rivers do they run? When companies run multiple rivers, often their guides are not adequately trained for the river they will be running. Look for companies running one or a couple rivers. That way, you know the guides are experienced on that stretch of water
* What is the minimum age of their guides? This says a lot about the experience level of guide. Look for companies with Guides that are at minimum in their late twenties/early thirties. This will likely ensure adequate life experience and river skills.
|Link Code |