- Best location of all hostels in Bruges
- Superb staff
- Cozy atmosphere
- Free wifi, free city map, free discount card, free walking tours
- Great breakfast
- Affordable beds / rooms in a classic Bruges' setting
We offer all guests a warm and personal welcome and are always there to help you make your stay in Bruges exactly how you wanted it to be. Our staff will give you the best possible advice and help you wherever needed.
The hostel is only a 7-minute walk from the train station and a 2-minute walk from the bus station (1-minute drive to the train station).
Breakfast: is great value for money, the best of all hostels in Bruges, for only 4 euro. It's not included it in the room price as it contains a lot more than just bread and butter (like in other hostels).
Play the Piano in the evening and you'll get a free beer, play it in the morning during breakfast and you can expect a free breakfast (or a beer, if that's what you prefer at 9am).
We serve the cheapest Beer in town (only 2.5 euro for quality beers), with a wide range of the most famous Belgian beers. The beer menu can vary from time to time depending on what's available and what we feel like drinking ourselves. We only sell high quality Belgian beers and try to serve you the ones that match perfectly with who you are! Every Friday a Belgian Beer tasting is organized downstairs, fun guaranteed.
Like us on Facebook and get a free beer!
All toilets and bathrooms are cleaned twice a day, once in the morning between 9am and 10am and once in the afternoon between 3pm and 4pm.
We are currently renovating all rooms and common areas (completed 1st quarter of 2013). As for now ALL dormitories are already new (see pictures).
Bed Linen is included in the price and will be in your room when you arrive. When you check-out, you can leave them where they are. Towels can be found in the closet on the first floor.
We are creating new Female Dorms, for the moment a 2-bed female dorm and a 4-bed female dorm are already available.
To provide you with a good and fast internet connection, we offer Free WiFi in the hostel: there are two networks that cover about 100% of the building.
People that planned a trip to Bruges just to come and party should be reminded of the fact that we are a quiet hostel where you can enjoy a good beer but we also want to guarantee all guests a quiet night and a good night's sleep, so drunk behavior or late night noises are a big no-no.
Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world so it's impossible for us to make everyone happy. We suggest you to read the following lines before you enthusiastically make a booking at our hostel.
You are going to be UNHAPPY at Hostel Lybeer:
1. if you planned a 4 or 5 star hotel and find yourself in a hostel.
2. if you expect to have the biggest party of your life.
3. if you can't stand the smell of a freshly renovated room.
4. if you confuse construction work with lack of cleanliness.
5. if you believe our breakfast buffet is not offering enough choice and variety for 4 euro.
6. if you expect messing around with the place or breaking things down is normal and should be tolerated.
You are going to be VERY HAPPY at Hostel Lybeer:
1. if you don't recognize yourself in the above list.
2. if you like to be in the best location of all hostels in Bruges.
3. if you like to have a relaxing time in a classic setting.
4. if you don't like big chain hostels but prefer independent hostels.
5. if you enjoy a high quality Belgian beer.
6. if you're looking for a good night's sleep in a quiet hostel.
7. if you're not afraid of a little dust on the floor in the hallway and are able to see that the non-renovated parts of the building are still a charming part of the city.
8. if you enjoy a warm and personal welcome.
PS: There is also a Vuldersstraat in Bruges, but this one's on the other side of town.. So make sure to come to the Korte Vulderstraat...