ALL INCLUDED - bed linen + towels + bath robes + breakfast buffet + WiFi +free coffee/tea + free laundry. The number one environmental choice for hostelers with a need for personal touch and a listening ear, Green Key-certified.
Renstierna is a cosy and homely place in the middle of wonderful Soedermalm, two steps from ï¿½SOFOï¿½ (SOuth of FOlkungagatan), a young and hip neighborhood full of trendy bars and small scale designer boutiques, a 10- minutes walk from the old town and very close to public transportation (with direct connection to the center and the central station). But you donï¿½t have to go far. According to us, you have all you need right here on Soedermalm (except perhaps the Wasa-museum, but we can tell you which boat to take to get there).
Renstierna has 10 rooms with a total of 41 beds, i e small and cozy hotel & hostel. 5 rooms have private bath rooms. We try our best to make time for all of our guests and simplify their journey in the town we love and know so well.
Rooms from 1-6 beds, private/shared bath, bunk beds/'normal' beds, cellar with fixed skylight windows/'normal' windows.
Beside from treating you as well as we possibly can, we also wish to treat the environment as gently as we possibly can and we are on our way to brand our business with ï¿½the green keyï¿½, a label that ensures us to be an environmentally friendly choice.
You will be treated to an organic breakfast buffet largely exceeding the choices of the typical continental hostel breakfast. Please note that not ALL of the food is organic, yet. The variety of organic food is quite limited compared to 'normal' food, and we prefer to have a wide spread of breakfast choices for you, rather than only a few organic alternatives. More than 60% of the breakfast alternatives are organic.
We can also offer the following:
All rooms are equipped with cable-TV (no porn), linen, towels, bath robes and free access to internet via wireless internet (WiFi since 2003!) or our guest computers. The rooms without private bath room have a sink.
* DVD, PlayStation3 and VHS is located in the common room.
* FREE coffee/cocoa/42 varieties of tea around the clock in the common room.
* FREE pasta!
* FREE washing facilities!
* Vendor machine available with candy, beverages, tooth brushes et al., organic and fair trade choices are available.
* Guest kitchen - access with private key.
* No curfew.
* Private key to the front door + key code.
* 24-hour check in!
* Check in after 20:00?
Please call the reception some 20 minutes prior to arrival so you can get the door code to the front door.
* Cards accepted (via PayPal) = American Express, Direct Debit, JCB, Maestro, Master Card, Solo, Visa, Visa Electron.
* Cash: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, NOK, SEK & USD.
- Commission: 2,5 percent + 20 SEK exchange fee.
- Exchange rate: ECB (European Central Bank).
Our exchange rate is better than the one you find in professional companies! We exchange your money to increased money value!
* Our telephone service/reception on call, is opened 24/7.
* No pets allowed.
* Are you allergic to anything, need special food or early breakfast? Please let us know 2 days prior to your arrival so we have time to prepare alternative breakfast for you.
* Security lockers in almost all of the rooms, and a hotel safe if you need to store valuables. All the rooms will have lockers by the end of November 2010.
Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere inside the hotel!
Parking is free on weekends, otherwise there is a large parking lot 400 m from the hotel which costs 50 SEK/24hours. If you prefer a garage you can find one 500 m from the hotel.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Helene, Peter and the rest of the staff.
Bus 53 just outside the head entrance at the Central Station (close to the flight buses), marked 'Henriksdalsberget'. The ride takes approx 8-10 min. Bus stop 'Tjaerhovsplan' 2 stops after 'SLUSSEN', on the Renstiernas Street. The hotel is on the other side of the street (700 m from the subway station 'Slussen' and 'Medborgarplatsen').
Subway to 'Slussen', take bus 2, 3, 46, 53, 71 or 76 two bus stops to 'Tjaerhovsplan', or subway to 'Medborgarplatsen' and then walk 4 blocks east on Folkungagatan until the crossing of Renstiernas Gata.
Drive to Soedermalm, follow the northern shore (Soeder Maelarstrand and Stadsgaardsleden) of the island to the far end east of Stadsgaardsleden. Turn right on to Folkungatatan (Viking Line is on the left hand side) and drive 450 m and turn right in the crossing of Renstiernas Gata.
Parking in the crossing of Stadsgaardsleden and Folkungatan costs 40 SEK/24h.
Parking locked inside mountain costs 80 SEK/night.
|Renstierna Hotel & Hostel|
Renstiernas Gata 15, Stockholm, Sweden