Our B&B is run by a Canadian family so there's always someone around who speaks English and can tell you about this amazing city. We know what it means to be new in town, so let us be your guide!
The rooms in this 1920s villa range from multi-bed dorms to private family suites and en suite double rooms. We've recently renovated with damask sheets, new duvets and new shower stalls. We're child- and pet-friendly!
All of our guests get a lovely start to their day with a breakfast of hot pancakes and tea/coffee; there's a cold buffet on Saturdays to give our chef the day off! We also have filtered water, clean linen and towels, free bicycle rental and storage, Internet access, DVDs, book swap, board games, a garden and an old piano.
Come meet our family in the centre of Bucharest!
From Gara de Nord train station:
1. With the train tracks behind you, exit to the right via the Strada Golescu exit.
2. Cross the street at the crosswalk.
3. Walk toward the traffic lights at Strada Witing until you reach a children's playground by the bus stop.
4. Enter the lane in front of the apartment buildings just before the newspaper stand.
5. You will notice a passage at the junction in the apartment buildings.
6. Through there is our street: Strada Institutul Medico Militar Nr.11. We are the second house on the same side as the Military Institute. Look for the Canadian flag on our balcony - make sure you go to Vila 11 and not Vila Maria next door. Our hostel is a big white house with a tall black door with windows. Ring the doorbell and we'll be there.
From the airport and Ploiesti/Brasov road
Take the 780 Bus to Gara de Nord then follow the directions above to Strada Witing at Golescu from Nr.3.
or if you are driving...
1. Take the main road from Otopeni (Ploiesti) to Casa Presei (The large press building at the enterance to the city). Follow Kiselef Blvd to Piata Victorie.
At Piata Victorie take the first lane to the right and then turn left on to Strada Buzesti ( along the street car lines).There is a lot of construction so take your time.
2. Go to the McDonalds ( yes we have a few already!) at Strada Polizu and turn right.
3. At the T-junction of Strada Polizu and Calea Grivit, take a right turn and then the first left in front of the railway station next to the fountain.
4. Follow around in front of the station to the corner of Strada Witting and Strada Golescu.
5. Continue on Witting past the Petrom station on the left hand side.
6. Turn into the first street on the right (Strada Balacescu).
7. Continue to the T-junction with Vespasian.
8. Turn right on to Vespasian.
9. Turn right at the first street into Strada Institutul Medico Militar and we are the second house on the right. Look for the Canadian flag on our balcony - make sure you go to Vila 11 and not Vila Maria next door. Our hostel is a big white house with a tall black door with windows. Ring the doorbell and we'll be there.
Strada Institutul Medico Militar Nr.11, Bucharest, Romania