Many fine mountain and valley walks, both easy and hard, start from the hostel doorstep.
Ambleside has a good choice of restaurants, cafés , pubs a beautiful church and 2 cinemas! (7 screens!!) We have good shopping, particularly for art, gifts and outdoor gear a great chocolate & fudge shop, and good book shops.
Ambleside Backpackers offers the best backpacker facilities in the area:
*Strictly no stag, hen or drinking parties*
We ask that all guests keep quiet after 11pm both inside and outside the hostel.
(we don\'t expect you to have a ball in the hostel after 23.00 - we hope you will come back \'cream cracker\'d\' after walking, cycling or touring the Lakes all day - and then go to sleep ready for the next day)
* Great value. - Light breakfast included.
* Ideally situated, 3 minutes from bus stop
* Good bus connections to tour Lake District
* 60 beds in a large traditional Lakeland cottage
* Clean, comfortable and warm
* Manager on site, Check in open from 1630hrs
* Mountain & valley walks from the doorstep
* Large comfortable lounge/common room with fire and piano (our newer piano is a nice one to play!!!)
* Squeaky floors, cobwebs and prehistoric plumbing
* Free internet use morning and evening
* Spacious dining room
* Light breakfast included in price!!!!
* Steps and stairs everywhere, windows rattle in gales!
* FREE Tea and coffee.
* Superbly equipped kitchen, with hobs, microwave, oven and freezer, refrigeration and storage. Kitchen is locked from 2230 - 0730 hrs. Breakfast from 0730 -1000. We ask you to be out of the hostel between 1030 and 1430 while we are cleaning. You may use the lounge during this period if the weather is foul or you are unwell.
You may be in a dorm with More or Less beds in it than the bed number shown on the booking engine.
Do not book on this site if your party has children in it .
*Central heating. Dorm size\'s from 2 to 12 bunks.
Most dorms have views of the Fells, and are fitted with washbasins and a carpet,( - one even has a chair !!!)
Any groups over 6 people please email hostel to confirm booking first!. Check in from 1630 hrs onwards
Getting There: From M25: leave the A3 in Shannon Corner to Burlington Road to the Fountain Roundabout straight to Kingston road you will find us after Texaco Petrol station.. From London: Leave the (A3) at Shannon Corner turn right to Burlington Road to the Fountain Roundabout strait to Kingston road you will find us after Texaco Petrol station. Coming From Kingston through Cambridge road to Kingston Road passing Sainsbury home base in you left hand side under the train bridge after the traffic light we are in you left hand side. Bus services from and to kingston is Buses K1, K5, K9
131, 213 265.