Our focus is warm, comfortable and clean, with provision for privacy and a little more luxury if you want it. We are close to the waterfront, overlooking Loch Alsh, the Skye Bridge, the ruins of Castle Moil, the Isle of Raasay and the Cuillin Mountains. We are close to bus and train links and plenty of free parking.
Saucy Mary's Lodge has a 3-star Scottish Tourist Board rating.
Our accommodation includes private rooms and a number of high quality (yet reasonably priced) en-suite rooms. Our beds are large and comfortable, all rooms fully double-glazed with sinks, and there are double/twin rooms, rooms of 3 and 4, 5 and 6 beds. 16 rooms have sea views.
Saucy Mary's Lodge has everything you need for your visit to the Isle of Skye:
- friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- free linen, towel hire, laundry service and free ironing facilities
- modern hot showers
- breakfast and evening meals with option to use self-catering kitchen
- bar with regular live music, pool table, games and TV
- free internet access, Wi-Fi, good mobile telephone connection, card telephone
- children's play room, outside seating/BBQ area
- on-site shop/cafe, easy access to a post office/post box
- good luggage storage
- no curfew - guests can gain access at night using an access code
- wheelchair access - one room modified for wheelchair use, single-step access to bar area, where toilet area includes wheelchair access.
By bus - Bus services regular between Kyleakin and the mainland (Inverness, Fort William and Glasgow); regular shuttle service between Kyleakin and Kyle of Lochalsh across the bridge. The bus stop is conveniently located beside Saucy Mary's Lodge and in fact the stop is referred to as "Kyleakin youth hostel", the old name for Saucy Mary's Lodge.
By train - There are train services between Kyle of Lochalsh and Inverness. A short walk from the train station to the old ferry terminus will take you to the bus stop. From here regular shuttle services and any available bus heading for Broadford, Portree, Uig or Dunvegan will take you straight to Saucy Mary's Lodge.
The check-in/reception area is located in the shop. Normal check-in hours are 3pm-8pm - if you wish to check in outside these hours, please contact Saucy Mary's Lodge direct.