Welcome to the Backpackers home away from home. We have private rooms for 1, 2, 3 or 4 people, and also dormitories available.
The most popular due to reputation and one of the first hostels
ever in Athens with 30 years solid reputation, the Aphrodite is backpackers home away from home. Placed in a quiet residential area, you will find yourself close to all the bus and train links for services around Greece, with a buzzing basement bar to meet other travellers from all over the world. Offering a wide choice of rooms, both private and dormitory, with air conditioning/heating, afternoon and night bar with food available, telephone and fax facilities, luggage storage, safety deposit, free internet (wifi too ), International public phone, continental breakfast free
Aphrodite recommended by Let's Go Publications 2007!!'Congratulations! I am writing to commend your establishment for its excellent service to our readers. Let's Go values businesses that provide travelers with fun, unique cultural experiences at bargain prices. Every year, our Let's Go team scours the globe in search of unique travel destinations; our regional writer came across your establishment and was very impressed. As tangible recognition of your outstanding services, 'Let's Go 2007 Recommends' can be displayed within your establishment with pride'.
Some of our guests comments:
Hostel Aphrodite is a good place to stay. Free internet, free shot of ouzo, nice people."
"You can't go wrong with this hostel!"
Why choose us?
- Friendly and helpful staff from all countries, all English speaking, and available 24 hours a day.
- Wide choice of rooms ranging from dorms to private rooms for 1, 2, 3 or 4 people, with shared and private bathrooms so able to cater to everyone's needs, with plenty of bathrooms on each floor.
- Superb range of facilities including freeInternet available 24 hours, free Map, Laundry Service, Breakfast Room, Travel Services to book tours, ferries and hotels, Heated/Air Conditioned rooms and constant Hot Water 24 hours a day, Non-stop Reception so you will always have someone to help you, Luggage Room - short and long term, and even more facilities to follow shortly.
- Not only are we recommended by Lonely Planet, Let's Go, International youth hostel
Federation (IHYF), and Hostels of Europe (HoE), but our hostels are rated in the Top 3 on online booking websites.
- Daily Walking Tours departing from all hostels to help you find your feet in the City.
- With over 30 years in hostelling under our belts means we have the experience, knowledge, customer service, and most centrally located hostels to make your stay in ----Athens the best that you could hope for.
Please note that if at arrival if you want to pay by credit card there will be a 5% extra charge.
From the Airport:
Bus or metro:
Direct from the Airport, take the Train 'PROASTIAKOS' to LARISSA STATION (approx 40 minutes and runs until midnight).
Take the X95 Bus to SYNTAGMA SQUARE. This runs 24 hours every 20 minutes (during the day), and every 30 minutes (after midnight).
From SYNTAGMA STATION, take the Metro (Red Line in the direction of Agios Antonios) to LARISSA STATION (4 stops). Take the exit from the
Metro which says FILADELFIAS on the left as you come up the escalator. At the exit take a right up FILADELFIAS STREET until you see MICHAIL VODA STREET. Turn left into MICHAIL VODA and walk approx 5 blocks until you see EINARDOU STREET on your left (SKLAVENITIS supermarket' is on the corner and you
will see Hostel Aphrodite just behind it at 12 EINARDOU (MICHAIL VODA 65 corner).
From Patras (Peloponnese):-
Take the train from Patras to LARISSA STATION (approx 3½ hours). From there, follow the directions above.
From Piraeus Port:-
Take the Metro (Green Line) to VICTORIA STATION. From there, walk across VICTORIA SQUARE heading towards CHEYDEN (Heydon) STREET (4 blocks) until you see the crossroads which is MICHAIL VODA STREET. Turn right, walk 2 blocks and you will see EINARDOU STREET. (We are the street on the left directly behind 'atlantik supermarket' at MICHAIL VODA 65 corner.
From Bus Terminal:
A ( Kifissos ) We recommend a taxi should cost you less than 10.00 Euro
B ( Liossion ) We recommend a taxi, should cost you around 5 Euro. If you want to take the A11 bus, ask the driver to drop you at the stop in front of Prousis street. We recommend you to have a map in this case! prousis street is 1 block away from Einardou street ( our stre
Breakfast Included, Restaurant, Bar, Luggage Storage, 24 hour reception, 24 Hour Check In, Air Conditioning
for this listing.