Spiral horn Hunting Safaris is a South African based hunting outfitter conducting plains game and big game hunting in South Africa and Zimbabwe. Hunting takes place in concession area's as well as private land.
Spiral horn Hunting safaris
is a South African based hunting outfitter conducting plains game and big game hunting safaris in South Africa and Zimbabwe.
The day gets started with an early morning wake up call, then tea and coffee is enjoyed before leaving camp on the trail of one of the animals that the hunter and PH is looking for.We return to camp mid morning for a brunch and a mid day rest.Late afternoon is taken up being on the track of one of the elusive animals that the hunter is wanting to hunt, returning after dark to a wonderful evenig meal and drinks around the open log fire having a discussion on the days happenings.
Age range, type of group
The hunting safari can be conducted with children from the age of 10 years or older, granted that they are schooled in the art of hunting and the safe use of firearms. Hunting safaris are also conducted with couples and singles wanting to hunt good game in South Africa and Zimbabwe. Hunting safaris can also be conducted with friends or in a hunting party with multiple hunters.
The option of either 1 PH to 1 client or 1PH to 2 Clients is also available on request.
Sleeping and meals
Accomodation and meals are in luxury hunting lodges or in luxury safari tents or fly camps.Each camp has camp hands that are there to clean and help with the daily running of the camp.Washing and ironing of the guests clothes is done in the camp during the day.Each camp also has camp cooks and chefs which help with the preperation of the food.
Policies & Restrictions
There are generally no restrictions on who can come and hunt Africa, but it is necessary to have a good attitude, as some times hunting in certain areas is harder than others especially when looking for specific animals and trophy sizes.
Rates differ according to what is being hunted.
Rates start at US$350.00 per day while hunting plains game, and increase to US$ 1100.00 per day while hunting Afican Buffalo and the African Leopard.
Recommended Packing List:
1. Four sets of khaki or olive-coloured clothing plus socks and underwear. Bring short or long-sleeves – whatever you desire. Laundry is done on a daily basis but cloudy days can result in a slower delivery.
2. Two pairs of comfortable hunting boots (in the event one pair might get wet) – I suggest Courteney boots that are designed for African conditions. They are much more silent than most other brand name boots and are available in the USA, Europe, South Africa and also in Zimbabwe where they are manufactured.
3. One warm jacket for evenings and early mornings – (must be silent if you are hunting cats). Camouflage is permitted.
4. Perhaps a jogging or tracksuit for sitting around the fire in the evenings, especially if you are hunting during our winter months – June through August. Something along these lines is especially important if you are hunting cats and might be spending long hours in a very cold blind. (The temperature could get as low as 32*F / 0*C).
5. A wool cap or ski-hat could come in handy for cat blinds.
6. A hat or cap for protection against the sun.
7. Sun-block lotion, especially if you are sensitive to the sun. Even our winter sun will burn sensitive skins.
8. A small flashlight for emergencies.
9. Perhaps a light rain-suit or maybe only a top – weather all over the world is unpredictable these days.
10. Malaria prophylactics.
11. Insect repellent if you are sensitive to bites, in which case I would also recommend some antihistamine or cortisone cream for treatment of these bites as they do itch.
12. Lip balm if required.
13. Africa runs on 220v power – in most cases from a generator. If you have any 110v appliances you might be wise to bring a 220v to 110v converter. We can generally supply most of these necessities but backup will never do any harm.
15. A good book? Early hours in a blind can be boring if you are not mentally psyched into what you are trying to accomplish.
16. We do serve South African wines and genuine Scotch Whisky when available, but special brand names of your favourite liquor can seldom be procured. Local Vodka, Gin and Brandy are quite acceptable to the average palate but I suggest that you collect from a Duty Free any Single Malt or other specialised liquor that you may require: e.g. Bombay Sapphire, Crown Royal, Canadian Club, Polish or Russian Vodka, Genuine Mexican Tequila etc.
17. An open mind and a good attitude.
Try to bring as little luggage as possible, especially if you are going to make use of the air charter service.
Discounts are offered on last minute hunts, if hunters are wanting to do late bookings, please contact us and we will give you the best price that we can on the animals that you are wanting to bag.
Great Vacations & Exciting Destinations Listing
Add a full-page listing promoting your accommodations, tours or travel services to customers on our network of travel sites. Your listing page can have up to 26 images, unlimited text, interactive map, availability calendar, ecards, photo-gallery and more.Rates From US $17 Per Month
» View Details