BVI Cruise & Learn - Learn to Sail in Paradise
Come for the sun, fun and opportunity to earn international Bareboat Charter qualifications for 30-45ft sailing yachts- includes pre-course study, all meals aboard and private double cabin for two (2)
Contact Owner For More Information »
|British Virgin Islands|
Road Town, British Virgin Islands
|Caribbean Sailing, BVI- ASA Cruise & Learn to Sail|
Tortola, Road Town, British Virgin Is.
Contact Owner For More Information »
|The BVI||50 nm|
|7 Days||14 Days||Notes|
|Couples||From: 0||From: 0||per person Lagoon Catamaran|
|Individuals||From: 0||From: 0||per person Lagoon Catamaran|
|Family ||From: 0||From: 0||up to 6 Students|
*Please contact advertiser
for rates & availability for your travel dates.
Each year the Vancouver sailing
Club takes internation students, couples and Members for 7 or 14 day trip to the worlds most sought after cruising grounds- the BVI
Earn Coastal Skipper, Coastal Navigation, Bareboat charter Master and Catamaran Cruising Certifications that provide the qualifications for owning or chartering your own yacht internationally.
- our sailboats are current model SUNSAIL 44I keelboats and OPEN 40 Cruising Catamarans with 4 comfortable cabins, 2 heads with H/C showers, large common areas, freezer and refrigerator
- Snorkelling equipment provided
- beach hiking, horseback riding. paddle boarding and Diving are optional activities
Your NauticED Award Winning Instructor and Skipper, Carl Richardson, has had the privilege of cruising these waters for 8 years on 17 BVI Cruise & Learn Adventure weeks for the Vancouver Sailing Club. His 30 years of cruising, racing and sailing experience provides a unique opportunity to understand all aspects of sailing and chartering recreational yachts. He is also a Certified Marine First Aid provider, PADI Rescue Diver, with Biology and IT undergraduate degrees from York University providing his students with additional opportunity to understand the history, flora, fauna and fun to be had in the BVI. Carl is available to discuss your personal sailing goals, the benefits of Sailing Certification and the many opportunities to enjoy using your new sailing skills locally in the Pacific Northwest and internationally.
Our Sailing Plan includes the circumnavigation of the British Virgin Islands (BVI-) Tortola, Norman, Cooper, Salt , Virgin Gorda, Jost van Dyke, Anegeda, Marina Cay islands and anchorages.
Each evening we discuss and develop a Sailing Plan for the next day that includes the many opportunities to snorkel, dive, beach hike, and chill-out on the 60 islands that make up the BVI archipelago.
Early morning swim/ snorkel or Dive
Healthy continental breakfasts, omelettes and bakery were available
Sailing Lesson for the day- learn sailing knowledge, seamanship, Navigation and boat-handling
Prepare boat, complete safety check and set sail for 3 hour morning sail- learn the responsibilities of Skipper and Crew in ideal conditions
Lunch at anchor with varied menu including BBQs in quiet Island coves
After snorkel set sail for afternoon 2 hour sail and lesson
Arrive at our next bay/ leeward Cay for setting the anchor or take a mooring
More water and beach activities
Make fast all rigging, complete any repairs,
Snooze/ snorkel/hike before an evening cocktail on the deck or Happy Hour at our destination's Beach Club
At Dinner, complete next days Navigation review and passage plan
Enjoy the music and beach ambiance at the resort or Night Dive with a local PADI dive shop.
Quiet time at 10pm, "if" you are still awake.
Note: On our last evening we dinghy to Foxy's Beach Bar and Cafe in Great Bay, Jost van Dyke Is. for some reggae and R&B to dance to.
Age range, type of group
Adults, and young adults accompanied by Adults.
Sailing can be challenging physically. Good overall fitness is recommended
Sleeping and meals
Included in your Cruise & Learn:
- scheduled healthy breakfasts, lunches and snacks are prepared by students with instructions. Food is provided from local provisioning services- abundant fresh fruit, dairy, bakery and meats are provided
- Personal Wine, Beer & Spirits are allowed for consumption aboard in moderation at meals and after a day of sailing with the Skippers permission
-4 Double Cabins share 2 Heads with toilets & fresh H/C water showers
- Cabins available for couples
- Shared cabins or berths available for individuals
- Fresh linens, towels and clothes washing are included
Policies & Restrictions
1) Ratio of 5 Students to one NauticED Instructor/Skipper is our policy
2) No Smoking aboard, No alcoholic beverages while underway
3) Students must sign a Personal Liability Waiver
4) Students must have documented Travel Medical Insurance
5) Your Vancouver Sailing Club Senior Certified Instructor/ Skipper is trained and motivated to make sailing safe and enjoyable for all participants. It is the sole responsibility of the Instructor/ Skipper to make a determination to sail, postpone sailing or re-schedule the days sailing.
6) Trip Cancellation Insurance (TCI)-Vancouver Sailing Club recommends that Participants review the TCI offered on their VISA, MC,,PayPal and National/ Provincial Automobile Association Cards used for booking their sailing. If your coverage is not sufficient or unclear, don't hesitate to Contact Us to obtain coverage from our AAA and CAA insurance agents at reasonable rates. No refunds.
Rates & Availability
BVI sailing adventure
- Circumnavigation of the British Virgin Islands with the Vancouver Sailing Club
- 7 days & 7 nights DEPARTING and ARRIVING in Road Town, Tortola, BVI - most will use St. Thomas, USVI as airline destination and transfer to frequent daily Fast Cat Ferry service to Road Town, Tortola
- Air Travel and transfers are arranged by Student with the assistance of our knowledgable staff
- $1975 per person or $ $3675 per couple includes instruction and Certification of up to 3 NauticED Courses: Qualified Crew, Coastal Skipper, Bareboat Charter Master, Coastal Navigation
- 2014 Dates:
Feb 17-24 and Feb 24- March 3rd
April 21-28 and April 28- May 5
Dec 1- Dec 8 and Dec 8-15
See our website for complete details of course curriculum
Easy to access from Europe and North America, the BVI is one of the most historic group of islands in the Caribbean offering many insights into the age of sail. Tortola was the Caribbean headquarters for the British Navy for over two centuries. Diving can be arranged with full equipment rentals for $125 session which includes 2 guided dives (PADI/NAUI Open Water Certification is required or lessons with Instructors are available)
10% discount for repeat Vancouver Sailing Club (VSC) Members- see our website for details on VSC Membership.Contact Owner For More Information »
No reviews yet, be the first to write a review
for this listing.
Carl RichardsonBVI Cruise & Learn - Learn to Sail in Paradise
First week aboard Northern Girl Jeanneau 44i
Road Town, British Virgin Islands Contact Owner For More Information »
Great Vacations & Exciting Destinations Listing
Add a multi-page listing promoting your accommodations, tours or travel services to customers on our network of travel sites. Your listing page can have up to 26 images, unlimited text, interactive map, availability calendar, ecards, photo-gallery and more.Rates From US $17 Per Month
» View Details