- Free Tea and Coffee all day
- Free Sangria Nights
- Free usage of our BBQ anytime!
- Free Beach Towels
- Free Lockers
- Free Wi-Fi / Computer access
Hippo Hostel features include:
- Frequent and authentical Italian, Mexican and Serbian hostel group dinner nights
- English, Spanish, Italian and Serbian native speaking staff
- Ethno seating area in our beautiful garden!!!
- Tour desk
- Rafting, Kayaking, Paragliding, Canyoning, Jeep Safaris and Diving excursions
- Your Tourist Tax paid*
We have been voted top hostel in Montenegro for 5 out of the last 6 years! Voted for by Hostel World guests!
We are a summer hostel open from April to October, with a large green garden, BBQ and patio seating area that form the true heart and soul of our hostel. And don't miss our new beautiful garden light installations for a relaxing atmosphere, perfect for a fresh beer on a hot summer night under our big palm tree!
We are within walking distance of the beach (400m), old town and the bus station but our neighbourhood is set back from the noise and crowds of old town and the beach strip. Our many long staying guests find our homely and relaxed atmosphere is exactly what they've been looking for! Literally 10 meters from the entrance to the hostel is a small market which stays open late into the night and sells cheap beer and decent wine (3,5 Euro per bottle).
5 minutes walking from here you will find a big supermarket open until 12 am, and the best Pizzeria in Budva, open 24 hours in summer, with free food delivery to the hostel door!
Make sure not to miss the MANY TOURS we organize throughout the season! Whether you are up for a picnic on a hidden beach on the shores of Lake Skadar, or for a visit to the ancient ruins of Old Bar or to the monuments of Cetinje, the former capital of the Reign of Montenegro, or for a hike on the top of Mount Lovcen (1,657 m), we have it all for you!!
We are a hostel that is owned and run by travelers, and we warmly welcome all guests, young and old, and our small team look forward meeting you and helping you to get the most out of your stay here.
* Every person staying in Montenegro as a tourist is required to pay 1 Euro tax per night. This tax is obligatory and most accommodation providers will charge you separately for this however we include it in our prices so there are no hidden or surprise costs to you.
*Breakfast not included
WALKING: If possible please print our map from our photos section or copy directions. We are a 20 minute walk from Budva bus station, follow our map and you won't go wrong or directions are below!
TAXI: Taxi fare is about �2.50 most of the year and �3 in peak season. Please ensure you get a taxi with a meter that starts at �1 (do not get taxis that start at �3). The ones parked directly outside the station are usually the expensive ones. The taxi man may need our map or address.
Hippo Hostel is 20 minute walk from the Budva bus station:
- Walk out of the front of the bus station. Turn left.
- Go straight until you see the Blue Star Hotel. Turn left
- Eventually, you'll pass Grill Relax, then Billiard, Mega Market and then a small metal bridge.
-After the bridge, turn to the left. At the cross road you'll see Parma Grill, turn right.
- You'll pass a church on the left and later Hotel Max Prestige.
-After the hotel you'll pass a tree growing out of the pavement, take a sharp left turning at the road junction (if you see Disney Pizza on the left you've gone too far!)
-You are now on IV Proleterska, our street. Walk for 2 minutes (stay to the left).
-We are opposite DMD Mijovic Apartments