We depart from Bucharest with the first stop of this tour is in Sinaia. Here you will get a chance to visit the breath-taking Palace of Peles. Continuing to Brasov, the historical center of Transylvania. Here you will have a chance to visit its old quarter and Black Church.
Next on the itinerary is the famous Bran Castle. Often referred to as Dracula's Castle, this fact is disputed by Sighisoara - Dracula and Transylvania Tourhistorians as it is said the Prince may have stayed here 1 night during an attack. Despite this Bran Castle is one of the most picturesque castles in Transylvania, sitting on hilltop with beautiful views.
Then Sighisoara, the birthplace of Vlad "Dracula" Tepes. One of the most magnificent citadels in Europe and the only still inhabited. Main attractions include its 17th century clock tower and medieval torture museum.
After onto Bistrita is where Bram Stoker based the setting for his novel Dracula. One of the main characters in the novel, the lawyer Jonathan Harker, was a guest of a hotel here named the Golden Crown. Here you will enjoy a Lunch and an opportunity to try its specialty drink: blood-red liquor, an exclusive beverage of the Restaurant.
Hotel Castel Dracula - Dracula and Transylvania TourThe tour would not be complete with out a chance to stay at night at Hotel Castel Dracula. The Hotel and it's inside court are impressive with their medieval architecture. Inside the hotel it contains an amusing Dracula Room. If you are traveling in a larger group we can arrange a Dracula Show with surprises, costume parade, photo session and visit of “Count Dracula” himself.
For more details on this tour refer to the "Day by Day Itinerary". This tour is customizable to your request so please inquire for details.
The Dracula and Transylvania Tour!!!
ROUTING: BRASOV – BRAN CASTLE - SIGHISOARA
- In the morning you can start with a walking in to the Historical Center of Brasov, where you can visit Council Square (with a stop at the History Museum from the Old City Hall), Black Church, The Black and White Tower, The Graft Bulwark, St. Nichola's Church and The First Romanian School Museum.
- Next we go to Bran
- Bran Castle is dubbed Dracula's Castle; however this is disputed point among historians
- According to the stories of that time, Vlad Tepes (or Dracula) laid siege to it in 1460 when he attacked this land. After centuries, one of the famous residents was Queen Maria of Romania, the granddaughter of Queen Victoria and the wife of prince Ferdinand.
- Visit inside the Village museum of Bran & the Ancient Customs House Museum
- Lunch near to the Castle
- Continue the route to Sighisoara – the born place of Vlad Tepes
- Visit Sighisoara the medieval city and fortress including the famous Clock Tower, the History Museum and the Torture Room
- On UNESCO's Word Heritage List and makes the perfect introduction to Transylvania.
- The Old Town or the Citadel is the only one still inhabited in Europe - a lost world and still so at the present!
- Dinner with traditional Saxon / German food or international food
ACCOMMODATION: HOTEL*** IN SIGHISOARA
B, L, D
ROUTING: SIGHISOARA - TARGU MURES – BISTRITA - PIATRA FANTANELE
- In the morning we will depart from Sighisoara via Targu Mures
- Upon arrival to Bistrita enjoy a panoramic tour
- Bistrita is where Bram Stoker based the setting for his novel "Dracula"
- The capital of the Northern Bistrita-Nasaud County has several well preserved medieval buildings, an Orthodox church dating from the 13th century and a county Museum
- Lunch will be served at the Golden Crown Restaurant
- The Golden Crown is outstanding in Romania and in the world, as it was described in the well known novel "DRACULA" by the Irishman Bram Stoker. One of the main characters in the novel, the lawyer Jonathan Harker, was also a guest of the hotel and he felt here as comfortable as at home. Here the tourists can enjoy a blood taste - a unique drink: blood-red liquor, an exclusive beverage of the Golden Crown Restaurant.
- Ending the day in Piatra Fantanele
- Upon arrival enjoy a visit of the town
- Overnight in Piatra Fantanele
ACCOMMODATION: HOTEL CASTEL DRACULA***
B, L, D
**Optional: In the evening – “Dracula - festive dinner & show”. After the dinner follows a Dracula Show with surprises, costume parade, photo session and visit of “Count Dracula” himself. (This program can only be organized for minimum 20 people)**
ROUTING: PIATRA FANTANELE - BIERTAN - BRASOV
- In the morning we will depart for Biertan
- Visit the largest of the Saxon Church-Fortresses. With double exterior walls and heavy doors bringing alive the medieval spirit. Inside you will find a magnificent gothic altar and the door to the treasury containing 17 locks. In 1995 Biertan Church was included in the UNESCO patrimony. It is located on the road between Sighisoara and Medias.
- Lunch at a restaurant called "The Devil"
- Ending the day in Brasov
- Dinner with traditional Hungarian food or international food
- Overnight in Brasov
ACCOMMODATION: HOTEL*** IN BRASOV
B, L, D
ROUTING: BRASOV - BUCHAREST
- After departure to Bucharest and time to say good-bye to Dracula's Transylvania
- Drop off at airport or hotel in Bucharest
End of tour services
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc..
|Link Code |