We depart from Bucharest with the first stop of this tour is in Sinaia. Here you will get a chance to visit the breath-taking Palace of Peles. Continuing to Brasov, the historical center of Transylvania. Here you will have a chance to visit its old quarter and Black Church.
Next on the itinerary is the famous Bran Castle. Often referred to as Dracula's Castle, this fact is disputed by Sighisoara - Dracula and Transylvania Tourhistorians as it is said the Prince may have stayed here 1 night during an attack. Despite this Bran Castle is one of the most picturesque castles in Transylvania, sitting on hilltop with beautiful views.
Then Sighisoara, the birthplace of Vlad "Dracula" Tepes. One of the most magnificent citadels in Europe and the only still inhabited. Main attractions include its 17th century clock tower and medieval torture museum.
After onto Bistrita is where Bram Stoker based the setting for his novel Dracula. One of the main characters in the novel, the lawyer Jonathan Harker, was a guest of a hotel here named the Golden Crown. Here you will enjoy a Lunch and an opportunity to try its specialty drink: blood-red liquor, an exclusive beverage of the Restaurant.
Hotel Castel Dracula - Dracula and Transylvania TourThe tour would not be complete with out a chance to stay at night at Hotel Castel Dracula. The Hotel and it's inside court are impressive with their medieval architecture. Inside the hotel it contains an amusing Dracula Room. If you are traveling in a larger group we can arrange a Dracula Show with surprises, costume parade, photo session and visit of “Count Dracula” himself.
For more details on this tour refer to the "Day by Day Itinerary". This tour is customizable to your request so please inquire for details.
The Dracula and Transylvania Tour!!!
ROUTING: BRASOV – BRAN CASTLE - SIGHISOARA
- In the morning you can start with a walking in to the Historical Center of Brasov, where you can visit Council Square (with a stop at the History Museum from the Old City Hall), Black Church, The Black and White Tower, The Graft Bulwark, St. Nichola's Church and The First Romanian School Museum.
- Next we go to Bran
- Bran Castle is dubbed Dracula's Castle; however this is disputed point among historians
- According to the stories of that time, Vlad Tepes (or Dracula) laid siege to it in 1460 when he attacked this land. After centuries, one of the famous residents was Queen Maria of Romania, the granddaughter of Queen Victoria and the wife of prince Ferdinand.
- Visit inside the Village museum of Bran & the Ancient Customs House Museum
- Lunch near to the Castle
- Continue the route to Sighisoara – the born place of Vlad Tepes
- Visit Sighisoara the medieval city and fortress including the famous Clock Tower, the History Museum and the Torture Room
- On UNESCO's Word Heritage List and makes the perfect introduction to Transylvania.
- The Old Town or the Citadel is the only one still inhabited in Europe - a lost world and still so at the present!
- Dinner with traditional Saxon / German food or international food
ACCOMMODATION: HOTEL*** IN SIGHISOARA
B, L, D
ROUTING: SIGHISOARA - TARGU MURES – BISTRITA - PIATRA FANTANELE
- In the morning we will depart from Sighisoara via Targu Mures
- Upon arrival to Bistrita enjoy a panoramic tour
- Bistrita is where Bram Stoker based the setting for his novel "Dracula"
- The capital of the Northern Bistrita-Nasaud County has several well preserved medieval buildings, an Orthodox church dating from the 13th century and a county Museum
- Lunch will be served at the Golden Crown Restaurant
- The Golden Crown is outstanding in Romania and in the world, as it was described in the well known novel "DRACULA" by the Irishman Bram Stoker. One of the main characters in the novel, the lawyer Jonathan Harker, was also a guest of the hotel and he felt here as comfortable as at home. Here the tourists can enjoy a blood taste - a unique drink: blood-red liquor, an exclusive beverage of the Golden Crown Restaurant.
- Ending the day in Piatra Fantanele
- Upon arrival enjoy a visit of the town
- Overnight in Piatra Fantanele
ACCOMMODATION: HOTEL CASTEL DRACULA***
B, L, D
**Optional: In the evening – “Dracula - festive dinner & show”. After the dinner follows a Dracula Show with surprises, costume parade, photo session and visit of “Count Dracula” himself. (This program can only be organized for minimum 20 people)**
ROUTING: PIATRA FANTANELE - BIERTAN - BRASOV
- In the morning we will depart for Biertan
- Visit the largest of the Saxon Church-Fortresses. With double exterior walls and heavy doors bringing alive the medieval spirit. Inside you will find a magnificent gothic altar and the door to the treasury containing 17 locks. In 1995 Biertan Church was included in the UNESCO patrimony. It is located on the road between Sighisoara and Medias.
- Lunch at a restaurant called "The Devil"
- Ending the day in Brasov
- Dinner with traditional Hungarian food or international food
- Overnight in Brasov
ACCOMMODATION: HOTEL*** IN BRASOV
B, L, D
ROUTING: BRASOV - BUCHAREST
- After departure to Bucharest and time to say good-bye to Dracula's Transylvania
- Drop off at airport or hotel in Bucharest
End of tour services
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc..
GoodTime Tours and Travel Sibiu Romania
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - GoodTime Tours and Travel is one of the top travel agencies in Sibiu-Romania. We offer guided tours in Sibiu-Romania, car rentals, enduro tours and trips, company and VIP services, bike rentals, accomodation, events management. Visit goodtime.ro...
Medieval Towns and Castles of Transylvania Tour
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - See Romania's best persevered medieval towns, castles, citadels and fortresses in Europe. Take a journey with your personal tour guide to historic Transylvania and be amazed by its rugged landscape and beautiful national monuments......
Halloween in Transylvania with Vlad the Impaler
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Transylvania Live invites you to enjoy a holiday placed by the prestigious Fodor's travel guide in Top ten must-do adventures for 2007...
Traditional Romania: Luxury Escorted Itineraries
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Escorted luxury itineraries in Transylvania. Experience traditional village culture, meet Romania's "Living Human Treasures" (UNESCO) , explore medieval Saxon fortified churches, hike Carpathian Mnts. Groups, limited to 4-8, travel in SUV's...
Vampire in Transylvania - Dracula Tour
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - A 7 day HB Dracula Tour intended to Dracula enthusiasts, Transylvania lovers, culture and history fans, adventure seekers. The tour covers the most important historical places related with Vlad the Impaler and the folkloric aspects of Dracula Legend!...
Bucharest, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Enjoying a convenient location only 10 minutes by public transport from the centre of Bucharest, Hotel Citadella is 2 minutes from the Eastern Railway Station and 10 minutes from the National Arena stadium. We can offer great tours of the city!...
Awarded Halloween in Transylvania - Short Break
Sighisoara, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Enjoy the best Halloween ever in Dracula's birth place, the Medieval Citadel of Sighisoara! A short break including a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, Vlad the Impaler's birthplace, Transylvania's iconic image, Bran Castle....
Count Dracula Tour
Brasov, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Transylvania is a well known and legendary region of Romania. It is home to some of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe and also keeps the myth and secrets of Count Dracula's legend....
Halloween in Transylvania
Ghimbav, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Do you want to spend the Halloween Night in a Medieval Haunted Castle in Transylvania? What a better way to celebrate Halloween than the home land of Vlad "the Impaler" or better known as Dracula? Join us for details....
Discover Authentic Romania - 3 to 12 day tour
, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Private, fully customizable tours of Romania for individuals, families and small groups....
Bassen Pension 3 ***
Transylvania, Romania Bed & Breakfasts - Bassen Pension 3 *** is a german style built pension with a capacity of 10 double rooms (rentable as singles ) each room with TV and bathroom with shower , the accomodation has internal yard , childs play ground , garden , pet friendly (announciati...
Crisana & Banat, Romania Hotels & Resorts - Located in Oradea, in a peaceful green oasis, Silver Hotel conference & spa represents the perfect destination for business meetings, seminars or conferences, as well as an ideal getaway for relaxing and resting. ...
Constanta Mamaia Accommodation Residence Apartamen
Constan�a, Romania Hotels & Resorts - Lodging apartments flats apart hotel in Constanta Mamaia for rent. Booking online. Accomodation residence in serviced apartments with self cathering for short or long term in Constanta Mamaia Romania. ...
Best of Transylvania -7 day Motorcycle Tour
Transylvania, Romania Motorcycle Tours - A tour focused on revealing the essence of Transylvania. Departing from Cluj Napoca, one of Transylvania’s largest urban centres the itinerary ventures into the heart of the county offering rides trough picturesque villages, breathtaking scenery....
GoodTime Xtreme Enduro Tours Sibiu - Romania
Transylvania, Romania Motorcycle Tours - GoodTime Xtreme Tours Sibiu is the first fully licensed Tour Operator which offers enduro tours, offroad trips, adventure travel and customized tours in Romania . Whatever comes to your mind will be organized by true professionals....
Highest Peaks Circuit
Transylvania, Romania Hiking & Trekking - Hiking on Fagaras Mountains, Romania's highest mountains. ...
Danube, Romania Eco Tours - we organize tours in the fantastic wild area-the danube delta and also in the romanian villagges .We run trips in Carpathian mountains,painted monastaires from Bucovina, tours for small and private groups.good romanian food,good romanian wine....
Birdwatching in Danube Delta, Romania
Cluj Napoca, Romania Birdwatching - Birdwatching in Danube Delta. Guided roundtrip with kayak....
Luxor Apart near Prahova Valley's castles & monast
Busteni, Romania Vacation Rentals - The Apartment Luxor Busteni is a cosy 3 star holiday apartment located in the heart of Carpathian Mountains in Busteni mountain resort,Brasov county, Romania...
Apartment Luxor Busteni
Sinaia, Romania Vacation Rentals - Cheap accommodation in Romania, just 45km away from Dracula's Castle Apartment with 3 rooms for max 6 guests, fully furnished Free WIFI...