2. NEAMT HERITAGE TOUR includes Neamt Fortress (1375), Neamt Monastery, Secu, Sihastria and Agapia Monastery (painted in 1852 by Nicolae Grigorescu, one of the most famous Romanian painters)
3 Short trip to Dragomirna Monastery (the tallest church in Bucovina);
4. . We also do any other trips and shuttle services to match guests' requests and be sure we’ll offer you the best deal for a trip in Bucovina or anywhere else.
- Last week, Fundu Moldovei - “The Annunciation”
Religious Music Festival (Festivalul de Muzică
- Vatra Moldoviţei - Flowers from Bucovina (Flori
- Cornu Luncii - Peasants’ Dance (Hora gospodarilor),
a local festival of folk dance and music.
Groups of childrens at the Iasi Feast.
- Rădăuţi - Rock Music Festival
(Festivalul de Muzica Rock).
- First days, Marginea - Black Pottery Fair (Târgul de
Ceramică Neagră), a fair of the typical
black pottery made in the village.
- Dărmăneşti - Minorities Festival
“Convieţuiri” (Festivalul Minorităţilor
“Convieţuiri”), a festival of Bucovina’s ethnic
minorities, the Armenians, Poles and Ukrainians.
- Gura Humorului - National Festival of Caricatures
and Epigrams “Humour at Gura Humorului” (Festival
National de Caricaturi si Epigrame “Umor…la Gura
- The first half, Straja - Festival of Traditional
Wedding Customs (Festivalul Tradiţiilor de
- Sadova - Gathering of Sheep (Strunga oilor). The
sheep are gathered together at the sheepfold, and the
sheep that gives the most milk receives a prize. A
cheese called “caş” is prepared from the milk of
the whole flock.
- Horodnic - Festival of Folk Music Instruments
“Silvestru Lungoci” (Festivalul Instrumentelor
Populare “Silvestru Lungoci”).
- Putna Monastery - A special service connected with
the end of the fasting period.
- First days, Horodnic - Traditional Dances (Dansuri
Tradiţionale), a festival of folk dances.
- Bâlca - Old People’s Festival (Festivalul
Bătrânilor). Old people perform traditional songs
- Baia - Symposium “Baia - Historical Moments”
(Simpozionul “Baia - File de istorie”) A yearly
symposium on important moments of history.
- Suceava - Classical music competition “Ciprian
- Rădăuţi - Pottery Fair “The Eye of
the Peacock” (Târgul Olarilor “Ochi de Păun”).
- Fălticeni - The Evening Sitting
(Şezătoarea) - happening of folk dance and
- Câmpulung Moldovenesc - International Festival of
Folklore “Bucovinean Meetings” (Festivalul
International de Folclor “Întâlniri Bucovinene”).
Hora is the traditional Romanian ring dance.
- Suceava - Pottery Fair (Târgul Meşterilor
August, Suceava - Old Customs (După datina
străbună), a presentation of old customs and
Rădăuţi - International Folk Festival
“Arcanul” (Festivalul International de Folclor
“Arcanul”), a festival of folklore. The arcan is the
symbol of the 19th century compulsory military
service. The forced conscription of a young man was a
tragedy for the entire family.
- Fundu Moldovei - Celebrating “Arcanul”
(Sărbătoarea Arcanului), festival of
- First week, Suceava - National Dance Festival “Hora
de la Prislop” (Festivalul Naţional de Dans “Hora
de la Prislop”). Hora is the traditional Romanian ring
- Bâlca - The Celebration of the Virgin Mary
(Sărbătoarea Sfintei Marii).
Land of Outside Painted Orthodox Monasteries
-By Train: check the train timetable.
Suceava is one of the main cities of Romania, so there are many trains arriving here from other main cities in the country. We advise you to take a Rapid / InterrrCity train which is fast and comfortable. Get off the train at SUCEAVA station. We will be glad to welcome you, since you e-mailed about details of your arrival.
Or, if you want, just give us a call or send text message to this mobile no: 0040 (0) 747 086 329 and we'll come to pick you up.
From SUCEAVA train station take the mini bus no 5-the price is 1 leu, to Itcani (last station). Take a cab (5-6 lei) from there to Aurel Vlaicu Street No 195.
- By Plane:
Suceava has its own airport, so you can fly from Bucharest and Timisoara directly. The airport is 16 km away. We can also arrange airport pick up, if you let us know when you arrive.
Nicolaie Iorga –Memorial House- built in Moldavian architectural style in the second half of XIX century, it is an historical monument of great value .
Ciprian Porumbescu- Memorial House- was open to the public in 1953. It is sheltered in an original anex , the only one that could be preserved , of the old parochial house of Stupca , inhabited by the priest, writer and romanian militant ,Iraclie Porumbescu and his family , between 1865-1883.
Suceava Fortress-is the most important monument of Suceava City. The central part , “The Musatin Fort” , 40X36m , built during the reign of Pertru Musat I , who had renounced using Scheia Fortress. During the reign of Alexandru cel Bun, it recieves supplementary fortifications, but it will gain its legendary invincibility during the reign of Stefan cel Mare . He built in two parts the exterior walls , reorganized the defensive ditch and the entrance to the fortress. Well defended, it was capable of sucessfully resisting the great Otoman siege in 1476, when Mohammed II himself, conqueror of Constantinople, had to submit defeat.
Zamca Monastery- was built in 1606 by Armenians. It is the most important religious monument built by the Armenian comunity in Bucovina.
Bucovina Etnografic Museum- is a historical monument and the oldest medieval civic building in Suceava City. It was built durring the first part of the XVII century, and it was used as a guest house for foreign aristocrats.
|camping facilitation||Lary Hostel|
|wide open-air terrace- newly furbished||Lary Hostel|
|new 2 pearson swing||Lary Hostel|
|Link Code |