Situated not far from Salzburg's city center (pedestrian zone), in a nice and safe ancient residential area, our apartment/hostel looks back at a long history and tradition. It has been completely revived with a lot of enthusiasm right down to the last detail in 2007/08 and from the historic building a modern apartment hotel with 14 fully equipped holiday homes emerged. Amongst other amenities you will find a private parking area and direct access to the public transports of the city.
From Mai 2008 on I welcome you with Austrian hospitality to the ANTE PORTAS and I am looking forward to being your host in the World Heritage City Salzburg.
I am a cosy apartment hotel/hostel with 14 holiday homes (apartments), privately run, a real treat for my guests
My amenities are:
private parking area (free of charge)
direct access to the public transport of Salzburg
bus stop a few steps away from my garden fence
City-Train - in 5 minutes walking distance; the gateway to the most important suburban areas of Salzburg with their venues shopping centers, football stadium, Salzburg Arena etc.
In my apartments you will find a kitchenette for your individual cooking experience, free-of-charge internet connection to keep you posted, TV-on-board for your diversion.
***Please note that we pre-authorize your credit card with 1 Euro, we will not charge the card we just make sure that it is working***
- Conveniently reachable via the motorway A1, with easy access to the Salzburg airport, to the Central Railway Station Salzburg, the Football-Stadium, to various shopping centers and venues as the Salzburg Congress, the MGC (Salzburg Mode- und Eventcenter) and the exhibition center.
Arrival by car:
- Coming from direction Vienna or Munich on the motorway A1 you take the exit Salzburg-Nord following the signs Salzburg-Zentrum (city center).
- At the first trafific lights after the railway-underpass turn left direction Gnigl. At the following traffic lights turn right to the Ziegeleistrasse.
- Follow the Ziegeleistrasse until you reach another railway-underpass, after this you turn left into the Warwitzstrasse.
- After approx. 200 m turn right into the Bachstrasse, after approx. 800 m at the traffic lights you turn right into the Linzer-Bundesstrasse and after approx. 160 m you are before the gates ANTE PORTAS (Linzer-Bundesstrasse 49).
Driving time from exit motorway: approx. 6min. / 4 km
Arrival by plane:
- If you want the easiest way, take a taxi. Driving time from the airport: approx. 12 min. / 10 km
If you rent a car at the airport you take the motorway A1 direction Vienna. After approx. 6 km you take the exit Salzburg Nord and follow the steps of the above description- Arrival by car-
Driving time from the airport: approx. 12 min. / 10 km
Public busses, they are the busses no. 2 and 20 departing from the bus-terminal at the airport which will bring you to me.
Arrival by rail:
- You arrive at the Main Railway station Salzburg (Hauptbahnhof Salzburg). In front of the station building you will find the bus terminal from where several busses go into direction Gnigl.