Bamboostix is an eco-friendly, backpacker-resort situated on a wind-swept ISLAND in Alleppey/Alapuzzha (60km from Cochin, 120 from Varkala, 150 from Thekkady), Kerala, South India and we have the following to offer:
- Wake up to 180 degree views of lush green paddy fields on one side and India's biggest lake on the other
- 'Eco-friendly construction with bamboo and coconut'
- Chill out on hammocks on the edge of 300m of water frontage
- No road access, no noise, no pollution
- 14 staff, including backpackers, offering you a level of cleanliness and service that is only available in expensive resorts
- Rooms have funky bunk beds made entirely out of bamboo & rope with long matresses and reading lights for each bed
- Lots of activities, incl the only overnight canoe trip, & bamboo furniture making classes
- Lots of common areas to relax and meet other travellers
- A focus on cleanliness especially in the kitchen and toilets
- Roof-top sunbathing
- Lots of serene chill out spaces
- Music with occassional live DJs and bands
- Bunk beds with extra long, comfortable mattresses
- Free boat pick up and drop off (3 times daily) upto 6 pm
- Broadband Internet and skype
- Short but diverse Restaurant Menu to ensure exceptional taste and quality
- Exceptionally good Juices & (Iced) Coffees
- No curfew, No evil looks if u come late
- Machine laundry
- Locked, LEFT LUGGAGE area
- Water from showers has high pressure and is actually hot
We believe our resort, its construction, its motivation, and its activities are unlike anything on offer not only in India but across the Asia pacific region from where we have collated our ideas. The goal of Bamboostix is to raise the standard of backpacking in India by providing clean, fun, professional, and quality accommodation at a fair price. With a plethora of activities our idea is to shift the focus from being "just a place to stay" to an entire experience.
We have special events like art weekends, halloween parties, backpacker competitions, so make a booking and let us entertain you!
We are on an island so boat pick-up is essential for which pls ring +91 (0) 477 325 7959 for pick up from Punnamada jetty (near Punnamada Lake Resort, dont let auto's take you to the Finishing Point/Rajiv Boat Jetty) or cross the 100 ft (30m) water channel by free public boat (tip Rs5) towards the Sports Association and walk 1.5km to the resort
Nearest airport is Cochin, 93km, Rs 1,200 by taxi.
Train or Bus
Regular connections to Alleppey/Alappuzha from Thrivandrum, Varkala and Cochin (bus from Fort Cochin is unreliable, go to main KSRTC bus stand). Direct connections from Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Goa
Public ferry from Kottayam (2.5hr) and tourist ferry from Quillon/Kollam (8hr)
When in Alleppey take an auto to Punnamada Jetty; Rs 75 from Railway Station (8km), Rs 35 from Bus stand (3Km).
Restaurant, Internet Access, Linen Included, Security Lockers, Luggage Storage, 24 hour reception, Travel Desk/Travel Info, Bureau de Change, Common Room, BBQ Area, Breakfast Not Included, 24 Hour Check In, Breakfast