BaselBackPack - urban hostel culture. Baselï¿½s first Backpacker-Inn and Guesthouse with Bar-Cafe. Inexpensive guest- and family rooms in middle of culture and leisure, 10 min from Basel SBB station. Basel mobility-ticket incl.!
The BaselBackPack lies in the Gundeldinger Feld, a refurbished factory from 1826. Freshly renovated with warm colors, the BaselBackPack offers a cozy ambience in loft style. There are 80 beds in private double-, triple-, quad- and family-rooms and inexpensive beds in dorms, shared showers and toilets are next to the rooms.
A self-catering kitchen, a lounge and hang-out with internet, vending machines, laundry and dryer , everything is handicapped accessible and operates according to the 2000-Watts-Society. Our Bar-Cafï¿½ PriMateria serves snacks and refreshments from breakfast to a late cocktail to cool sounds. The Gundeldinger Feld area offers restaurants, bistros, bars, playground, indoor climbing, pilates-studio, library, ateliers, theater, circus- and dancing schools, and houses various offices and services.
Basel - Culture Unlimited. The university city and Swiss Culture Capital is a sensational site with rich cultural-, historical-, leisure- and culinary offerings, numerous research-, sports-, industrial-, trade and educational institutions of world prominence. Be inspired by our great city on river Rhine, the northern portal to Switzerland.
The BaselBackPack in- and outside:
* 80 Beds in single-/double-/triple-/quad-/5bed- or 10-bed rooms
* Cafe/Bar with lounge and terrace
* Breakfast, half-, full-board and catering to your needs
* Self-cooking kitchen, elevator, handicap friendly
* Internet, drink- and snack vending machines
* laundry machine and dryer
* 10 min (750m) to the station Basel SBB, tramway 100m
* Basel mobility-ticket (zones 10/11) included in your room rate
* The Gundeldinger Feld with its restaurants, bistros, playground, indoor climbing,
pilates-studio, library, ateliers, theatre, circus- and dancing schools
Basel - culture unlimited, the cultural capitol of Switzerland:
* 40 Museums, from Historic to the Vitra Design Museum
* More than 20 galleries, from Armin Vogt to Rusterholtz
* Theater, musicals, operas, famous carnival and fun fair
* Concerts from pop in the Atlantis to Pink Floyd in the St.Jakob stadium
* Art&Architecture from Herzog DeMeuron to Tinguely
* Fine dining, going out, shopping
* Bike- and Sightseeing-tours in the ancient city and river Rhine
* EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse with EasyJet destination
* Fair host city Basel (IGEHO, BaselWorld, MuBa, Orbit,..)
How to get here with public transportation:
- To Basel SBB, in the train station on the main passenger bridge, exit next to Media Markt
- On Guterstrasse turn left and walk 700m towards the church you see
..or take tramway 16 from the station for 2 stops and get off at Tellplatz
- On square Tellplatz turn right into Bruderholzstrasse, walk one block
- On Dornacherstrasse it says D192 & Gundeldinger Feld on the wall of the building left hand side.
- Inside this area, walk up the yard about 150m straight to reception - welcome!
How to get here with your car:
- Motorway A2, exit Basel-Sud City, direction Basel-City
- Turn right into Munchensteinerstrasse, after 220m follow to Thiersteiner-Allee
- After 330m turn right into Dornacherstrasse, on left hand side you see Gundeldinger Feld
Breakfast Included, Restaurant, Internet Access, Laundry, Bicycle Hire, Wheelchair Friendly, Linen Included, Bar, Towels, Security Lockers, Luggage Storage, Telephone/Fax Facilities, Travel Desk/Travel Info, Bureau de Change, Common Room, Lift / Elevator, Bike Parking, Breakfast Not Included, Meeting Facilities
for this listing.