Posada Cavieres is located on the wine route, in the district of Maipú, Mendoza’s first wine zone.
Posada Cavieres is in the middle of this route, with 4 wineries in walking distance. The lodge has 14 hectares, where you'll find vineyards and olive plantations.
The posada has its own line of wines “Cavieres”, made by small wineries of the region, with no more than 5,000 bottles a year by varietal.
From the posada you can cycle along the wine road and go wine tasting in the surrounding wineries, visit olive oil factories, chocolate- , liquor- and cheese factories, go horseback riding or do a trip into the mountains.
The lodge is actually an old mud brick house, which was entirely restored, with 3 spacious rooms, each with private bathroom. It’s equipped with a kitchen and dining room. The hosts Hans and Alina provide breakfast with homemade bread, local honey, a variety of self-made jams and fresh orange juice, tea and coffee and other regional products. The posada is surrounded by a big lawn and shaddy trees.
The rooms are spacious and have good quality beds of 1,80 m broad and single beds of 0,90 m broad.
Internet, Barbeque, kitchen can be used by the guests.
Rates & Availability
The rate of the room with double bed is 295 pesos per night, breakfast included.
Hans Devloo (View My Profile)
Posada Cavieres Bed & Breakfast is located on the wine route of Maipú, the premier wine zone of Mendoza and has four wineries in walking distance. The posada is situated on a 14 hectare farm with vineyards and olive plantations, about 18 kilometers from the centre of Mendoza.
The building is a renovated adobe country house (house made of mud bricks) and has three spacious bedrooms, each with private bathroom.
Breakfast is included and consists of home-baked bread, local honey, our own jam, ham and cheese and fresh pressed juice, plus tea and coffee.
An equipped kitchen is available for guests to prepare their own meal or you can ask us to prepare dinner or a typical argentine asado for you to enjoy with a bottle of Cavieres wine, "Great wines produced by small wineries".
Popular activities include:
• cycling the wine route to go wine tasting at the surrounding wineries : We have a small fleet of bicycles available for our guests use. Cycling down the quiet lanes is an ideal way to see the countryside and to visit local wineries.
• horse riding through the vineyards and olive groves on pure bred Criollo horses .
• We also organize 4x4 excursions to the mountains of Mendoza (with Land Rover Defender)
• Great food in some of the finest wineries of Mendoza.
• We are happy to arrange tailor-made visits to local vineyards and wineries , and to organize wine tastings according to the taste of our guests.
• Visiting olive groves and olive oil pressing plants. We have our own olive oil for you to cook with.