There are many fun things to do and see in the Karen area in addition to exciting places to visit. These can be arranged by us during your booking.
● Bird watching at the Margpher House
● Nairobi National Park (10 min drive)
● Carnivore Restaurant (10 min)
● Karen Blixen Museum (5 min)
● Giraffe Center (10 min)
● Mamba Village, Crocodile & Ostrich farm (5 min)
● Bomas of Kenya, traditional dance and culture (20 min)
● David Sheldrick's Wildlife Trust for Elephant adoption
● Utamaduni craft emporium for artifacts
● Kazuri beads factory (5 min)
● Matbronze Art Gallery & Foundry
● Butterfly Sanctuary (5 min)
Margpher Guest House is surrounded by more than two and a half acres of beautifully landscaped gardens featuring carnations, hydrangeas, bougainvilleas, and roses in addition to a beautiful sanctuary of trees where one can relax, read a book on the garden chairs or watch the birds.
The property is also a birdwatcher's paradise where a wide variety of beautiful and exotic birds can be found all year round.
Margpher Guest House is elegantly and tastefully furnished with eight spacious and comfortable bedrooms (one of which is occupied by the hosts)
● One bedroom has a double bed with attached bath
● Two bedrooms with twin beds
● Two bedrooms with single beds
● Three bedrooms with double beds
There are four bathrooms with a bath or shower. The bathrooms have instant hot showers and come with a complete range of toiletries, hairdryers and irons.
The dining experience at Margpher Guest House is one-of-a-kind. The on-site cooks are professionally trained and are able to prepare a variety of dishes. Meals can be served on different areas of the property including the dining room, the lawn, or the patio to create the most unique dining experiences.
● Breakfast (included)
● Lunch & Dinn
er (available upon request at an additional fee)
● Tea and coffee making facilities
● Mini bar, where one can enjoy their drink of choice at a reasonable fee
Room service, free beverages throughout the day, internet services, transportation upon request to various attractions within Nairobi for a small fee
Rates & Availability
The rate is $50.00 per night per room inclusive of breakfast
My husband and I stayed at Margpher Guest House before we connected our flight to go on Safari to Maasai Mara. The staff at Margpher House were great. The place was very clean and the food was really good. It was definetely worth it.
Peter and Adriene Berg
I stayed at Margpher House as an exchange student from the US. My stay was actually 6 months. It felt like a home away from home. Everyone was really nice and put so much effort into ensuring my stay was comfortable. They have a really good chef who prepared delicious meals. I was sad to leave Nairobi, especially the new friends I had made at Margpher Guest House. After graduation I plan to visit again and bring my friends.
Lorraine - USA
I just want to say "Thank you" so much to the staff at Margpher Guest House. I arrived in Nairobi on April 3rd from the UK. I was very exhausted after an 8 hour flight, but Margpher House arranged for my pickup from the airport and welcomed me very warmly. Thank you so much for the hospitality you showed me when I was there.
Leslie Schboygen - Bristol, UK
Discounts will be offered for groups of 10 or more