The location is excellent, within a 5 minute walk from all local famous bars and restaurants and across the street from the local supermarket. In terms of safety, the situation is privileged: the police precinct is just 100m away. Near its front door passes the famous trolley, as well as buses, both taking you to Downtown and to Lapa, where the best night life happens. Access to the beaches of Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon by subway is fast and easy, as well as to the Corcovado Christ statue and to the Sugar Loaf.
Built in the late 1800’s, the house with vast spaces is a fine example of the eclectic style. In every room one may have an immediate sensation of being at home, even being far away from it. The ceiling is 4m high, the temperature is nice and the decoration gathers vintage and family furniture with art pieces by local and Brazilian artists. A cozy tropical garden and veranda where breakfast is served completes the scenario where two cats and some turtles live, and where small monkeys join in frequent visits.
The owner, Renata, a journalist and expert in local sustainable development, has lead the revitalization of Santa Teresa for 15 years.
The rooms and suites are decorated with family furniture and objects and paintings made from Santa Teresa artists, all this makes you feel at home even though its far away.
- Complete breakfast: coffee, milk, tea, fruit juice, season fresh fruits, bread, butter, ham, jelly, honey
- Locker with keys for keeping values inside the room
- Convenience area for use until 11 P.M.
- Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Free use of computer with broad band connection for the guests
- Transfer to and from the Internacional Airport: R$ 90 (from 7 A.M. to 10 P.M). or R$ 100,00 (from 10 P.M. to 7 A.M)
- Laundry Service (wash and dry)
- Tailor made tours: you chose what and when to visit, we provide a comfortable car with air conditioning, sound system and an experienced driver.
Rates & Availability
- Rates starting at US$ 72
- Low season’s promotion from September 1st to November 30th
- New Year and Carnival packages