Cycling down the stunning coastline of southern Vietnam past turquoise bays, white beaches and palm tree-lined rice fields.
Explore the majestic Royal Tombs of Hue and ascend the Hai Van Cloud Pass for vast views of tropical mountains falling into the sea.
Drift back in time while walking the cobblestone streets of Hoi An, a 2,200 year old trading port and relax and swim at the beach resort of Nha Trang...
Great deal !!!
Depart 17/Apr/2013 = Only 1,849USD Guaranteed, 4 space available
Day 1: HaNoi arrival
Pick up from airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Hanoi cycling. ( +- 60 km )
You will ride along a bank of Red river, through farms, fruit plantations on the old riverside in the north of Hanoi, visit temples and practice Buddhist way of life . Continue cycling visit rices-noodle making in local family, silk farm... Boat trip crossing rive, continue cycling to Son Tay, picnic lunch box . Pm visit Duong Lam village by bicycle, driving back to Hanoi by mini bus. Overnight in Hanoi. (B, L)
Day3: Hanoi - HoaBinh-Mai Chau (cycling 72 km) (B,L,D)
Breakfast. Early morning transfer to Hoabinh a beautiful valley surrounded by spectacular karst rock formations and picturesque rice paddies. Bikes along a mix of asphalt road through Thai village and across rice paddies to Lac village.
Overnight in a traditional house as home stay
Day4: MaiChau-Cam Thuy- Cuc Phuong national park (+- 75km) (B,L,D)
After breakfast , we start cycling in village when we sleep . The road to day has 10% dirt road, and 10km up hill ( 8%) and down hill on the back road to Pho Doan, Canh Nang. We end of cycling in here and driving to Cuc Phuong National park. Overnight in a small hotel and simple in National Park.
Day5: Cuc Phuong - Thanh Hoa( cycling 60km) (B,L,D)
After listening to the dawn chorus of Gibbon song, spend part of the morning exploring the flora and fauna of this unique national park. Leaving Cuc Phuong ride down to Vinh Loc where we have lunch time. Transfer the last 35 km on Highway 1 to the hotel in Thanh Hoa city where have hotel for few hours. Dinner and transfer to train station take over night train to Hue.
Overnight on train ( soft sleeper, 4 beds/cabin ) ( 12hours on train )
Day 6: Hue -country side cycling ( +-55km )
Morning transfer to Hotel in Hue , Cycling through Hue's King Royal Palace, a succession of Nguyen Dynasty . Afternoon cycling to country side until 5PM transfer back to city. Dinner in garden-house.
Overnight in Hue (B, L, D)
Park view hotel hue
Day 7: Hue to Hoi An (+- 70km asphalt road ) . Cycling in back road of country side from Hue to VinhHai beach ( +-70 km flat asphalt road ) .
Optional climb: Hai van pass: 19 km ( 9km up, 10 km down, altitude +- 400m ).
Our route passes by rural villages and picturesque Lang Co lagoon, an ascent of the pass with stunning views of the coast and a thrilling 5-mile descent from the top of the green rice fields around DaNang. End of cycling in DaNang city, drive 32 km to HoiAn.
Overnight in Hoian (B,L, D)
Hoian indochine hotel
Day 8: HoiAn (+- 20km )cycling tour
of HoiAn - country side villages in the morning for Vietnamese cooking lessons in town featuring local specialties by one of VietNam's most talented chefs . Local sea food in beach of HoiAn.
Overnight in Hoian. (B,L,D)
Hoian indochine hotel
Day 9: HoiAn to MyKhe- Quang Ngai , cycling +-60 km, asphalt road
Depart early along the coast and past scenic rice village. Start coastal riding followed by coaster, lunch at some where on the way - which is also a nice place for a dip in the cooling South China Sea. Driving to Quang Ngai
Overnight in Quang Ngai city. (B,L, D)
Day 10: Quang Ngai to Quy Nhon, cycling +- 90 km¸ asphalt road
Cycling in the back road of past rural rice villages canopied by swaying coconut palm. Arrive at the Quy Nhon town which faces a beautiful beach front.
Overnight in QuyNhon. (B,L, D)
Saigon quynhon hotel
Day 11:QuyNhon to TuyHoa, cycling +- 80, asphalt road
Back road cycling in side high way one .Our ride from QuyNhon to Tuy Hoa covers some of VietNam's scenic coastline, featuring deserted blue lagoons and stone promontories.
Overnight in TuyHoa. (B,L, D)
Long Beach hotel
Day 12:Tuy Hoa- NhaTrang ( 60km )
Cycling in overlooking the water below, end of cycling around 1:00pm in Nha Trang
Overnight in NhaTrang. (B ,L)
Day 13:NhaTrang �" country side cycling ( +- 45 km ).
Driving to Dien Khanh , Cycling in country side visit village, rice field , fruit garden. Riding back to the city visit Thap Ba ( Pogana Temple ). Pm relaxing on beach.
Overnight in Nhatrang. (B)
Day 14:NhaTrang �" Saigon ( HoChiMinh city ) no cycling day
Transfer to airport for flight to Saigon , free time for shopping in Sai Gon .Overnight in SaiGon. (B)
Morning transfer to TanSonNhat Airport for flight home.
Age range, type of group
1) Family private tour , children should be from 10 years old up
2) Group tour: You're probably wondering about the people with whom you'll share your adventure. Chances are, they're a lot like you. Our guests include families, couples, friends, and solo travelers from all walks of life. Spirited travelers, they share a passion for our wonderful world. They range in age from their late 20s to mid-70s, reminding us all that you can never be too young or too old to have fun!
While you're here, let us dispel any misconceptions you may have about "group travel." Our groups are intentionally kept small - usually less than 10 people for mountain bike
trip and les than 14 people with road bike - so you will not feel herded around. The guides often have very close ties to the local community and we are readily welcomed into the lives of the local folk.
- English-speaking local cycling guide
- Local cycling tour leader
- Accommodations as mention on itinerary with 3 nights in 3 star hotel and 4 nights in 2 star, 2 night in 4 star local hotels around trip as mention by room share (2 people/room)
- Meals as noted B= breakfast, D=dinner
- Cold drink as coffee, tea, cola, juice, energy drink for cycling
- Fruit as banana, mango, green dragon
- Sightseeing and activities as noted in the itinerary
- 100% ground transportation by 2 mini buses.
- Flight tickets from Hanoi-Hue, Nha Trang- Saigon
- Additional guides where necessary.
- Cooking class in Hoian
- Bike hire with TREK 520, SURLY CROSS CHECK
- Basic medical.
- International airfare
- Meals not noted on itinerary
- Vietnam visa
- Insurance other than basic medical
- Optional tipping to leader
- Guides and local staff; excess baggage charges; international airport taxes; cost of medical immunizations; items of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).