Welcome travelers and thanks for checking out our our small, friendly hostel! We are adventurers like you and believe the journey is more important than the destination. Who you meet along that way is often just as important as the sights you see.
CamelBackpackers aims to create an exciting, social environment for its guests. Our hostel provides a home-like environment that cultivates a sense of community among its guests and staff. We focus on the total experience rather than simply providing a cheap bed. Our staff loves Phoenix and we want to share that love for the city with you. Our staff will offer local knowledge and assistance to you to ensure your stay is both memorable and enjoyable.
We are travelers, and we understand what travelers want. During our travels, we've taken note of all the amenities that made our hosteling experiences better. Our beds are full-sized twins that were handmade by a master carpenter so you'll have a sturdy bed without squeaks. We equipped each room with a mirror and give each bunk a curtain for privacy, a storage shelf for items like MP3 players and cell phones, and an individual lamp and fan. We've included everything you need for your stay. The price includes linen, towels, free tea and coffee, wireless internet, a small breakfast, and much more. We have basic items such as personal hygiene items, snack foods, and beverages available for purchase for your convenience.
Guests have opportunities to socialize, make contacts, relax in common areas, and join other guests to explore the city as they wish. Our common areas allow for individuals or small groups to participate in private or group activities. CamelBackpackers has two communal areas. The main lounge offers a computer lab, movies, and a sharing library for quieter activities and is located just off of the main kitchen and dorms. The second communal area is for louder activities such as karaoke, Wii games, and sports viewing. This louder area is located in separate building from the dorms to ensure you have a quieter stay. Our kitchen is newly renovated with new appliances and two refrigerators. We have individual storage shelves so our guests have a space to place their non-perishable food items. We provide and small breakfast and also offer a evening meal in a familial setting, that is prepared onsite by both staff and guests together. CamelBackpackers hosts a variety of activities for our guests both inside and outside of the hostel. Here's a small taste of some of our events: movie nights, karaoke nights, costume parties, yoga classes, hiking trips, museum tours, pub crawls, and bowling nights.
Rates and Reservations:
6-8 person dorm: $26 per person
2-4 person private room: $30 per person for 2 people, otherwise call for prices
-Bed linens and a towel
-Free coffee and tea
-A small, continental breakfast
-Free high speed, wireless internet and cable
-Free on-street parking
-Free individual storage lockers
If you cancel your reservation, you must cancel by noon (12:00) the day prior to your scheduled arrival. If you do not give the 24-hour notice, your credit card will be charged for the first night of the reservation. There are no exceptions.
All guests are required to be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license or valid passport to check in.
The hostel only serves residents living outside of the Phoenix area (no residents from Maricopa and Pinal Counties).
The hostel reserves the right to refuse any person at any time for any reason.
Check In and Check Out:
You may check in anytime between 3 pm and 8 pm (1500 and 2000). If you are arriving at a time outside that window, please call us and make special arrangements. We will be more than happy to accommodate your travel needs.
Please plan to check out of the hostel by noon (1200) of each day. If you are not planning on leaving by noon, no problem. We have a locked storage closet for luggage and you are welcome to use our communal areas.
Services and Amenities:
CamelBackpackers Hostel is located in the heart of the community.
The facility offers:
Two mixed-sex rooms with with six to eight bunks
One private room equipped for two to four guests
A small, continental breakfast included with the cost of stay
An opt-in dinner prepared onsite, prepared by staff and guests together
Laundry services available for purchase
Merchandise and sundries available for purchase
Facilities and Amenities
24-Hour Access with No Curfew
Common Room Lounge
Outdoor Covered Patio Area
Low-Cost Laundry Facilities
Local Artist Gallery Space
Free Individual Storage Lockers
Free High Speed, Wireless Internet, Cable, Wii Console, and Karaoke Machine
Tourist Information and Comprehensive List of Local Services
What's Close to CamelBackpackers Hostel?:
CamelBackpackers Hostel is located in Central Phoenix on the North East corner of 13th Avenue and McDowell Avenue . It is 5.7 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and 27 miles from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport . Major highways are extremely close: Interstate 17 is one mile away, Interstate 10 is only a half-mile away, and State Highway 51 is 3 miles away.
Light Rail Stop: Central and McDowell
Route 17 Stop: 12th Avenue and McDowell
Route 15 Stop: 15th Avenue and McDowell
Route 8 Stop: 7th Avenue and McDowell
Driving Exit from Interstate 10: 144
Driving Exit from Interstate 17: 200B
Public Transit Directions from PHX Airport
1. Walk to Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4 North Curb Stop ID: 11006 About 24 mins (1.2 mi)
2. Board PFAS Bus towards PHX Airport Shuttle To METRO light rail (11 mins, 1 stop)
3. Exit on 44th St/Washington Transit Center Stop ID: 11007
4. Walk to 44th Street/Washington Light Rail Stn Stop ID: 10018 About 1 min (7 mins to make transfer)
5. Board LTRL Light rail towards Metro light rail To 19th Ave/Montebello (21 mins, 8 stops)
6. Exit on McDowell/Central Ave Light Rail Station (The stop before is Central Ave/Van Buren) Stop ID: 10010
7. Walk to the NW (North is toward the Phoenix Art Museum, then West is away from the Art Museum) corner of McDowell Rd & Central Ave Stop ID: 11452 About 3 mins (approximately 10 mins to make transfer)
8. You can continue to walk on McDowell to 13th Ave or Board 17 Bus towards 17 McDowell to Desert Sky (5 mins, 3 stops)
9. Exit McDowell Rd & 11th Ave Stop ID: 11455 Walk West (right) to 1601 N 13th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85007 About 2 mins (0.1 mi)
Public Transit from the Greyhound Transit Station:
There are multiple bus/light rail routes. The 70 bus to the 17 bus is the best route with the least amount of walking. You can also take the 13 bus to the 8 bus which is also the least amount of walking. Or you can walk a mile to 24th Street/Washington Light Rail Stn About 22 mins (1.1 mi) to the light rail. Then follow directions above.
Bus Route 70 to 17:
1) Walk to 24th St & Buckeye Rd About 2 mins (0.1 mi)
2) Board 70 bus towards 70 Glndale/24th to Luke AFB at 24th St & Buckeye Rd Stop ID: 14550 (9 mins, 9 stops)
3) Exit on 24th St & McDowell Rd Stop ID: 14559
4) Walk towards the Wendy's at McDowell Rd & 24th St About 1 min
McDowell Rd & 24th St Stop ID: 11440
5) Board 17 Bus towards 17 McDowell to Desert Sky (20 mins, 15 stops)
6) Exit on McDowell Rd & 15th Ave Stop ID: 11455
7) Walk East (away from the Dollar Store) to 1601 N 13th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85007 About 2 mins (0.1 mi)
Bus Route 13 to 8
1) Board the 13 Bus towards 13 BUCKEYE West to 75th Ave at Buckeye Rd & 24th St Stop ID: 11012 (11 mins, 12 stops)
3) Exit at Buckeye Rd & 7th Ave Stop ID: 11024
4) Walk NE (toward the Elks Lodge) to 7th Ave & Buckeye Rd About 1 min
5) Board the 8 bus toward 7th Ave. North to Dunlap/3rd St. Via Cent Station at 7th Ave & Buckeye Rd Stop ID: 10657 (19 mins, 15 stops)
6) Exit at 7th Ave & McDowell Rd Stop ID: 10666
7) Walk SW (toward the Circle K gas station) to 1601 N 13th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85007 About 8 mins (0.4 mi)
Driving Directions from PHX Airport
1. Head west 1.2 mi
2. Slight right 0.5 mi
3. Slight left to merge onto I-10 W toward Downtown/AZ-51/Phoenix 4.6 mi
4. Take exit 144 for 7th Ave 0.2 mi, keep to the right
5. Turn right onto N 7th Ave 0.3 mi
6. Turn left onto W McDowell Rd, Destination will be on the right 0.4 mi
CamelBackpackers Hostel is surrounded by numerous bus stops and the light rail is less than one mile to the East. If guests wish to rent a car, Enterprise and Hertz Car Rentals are less than 2 miles away. The hostel is close to four major city centers with downtown Phoenix only 2 miles away, Glendale Historic Center is 7 miles, Mill Avenue in Tempe is 10 miles, and Old Town Scottsdale is 12 miles away. Each city is easily accessible from both car and public transit.
CamelBackpackers Hostel is located within the historic, Encanto-
|Link Code |