Hotel La Casona, opened in 2006, is a two-star hotel which occupies a renovated building from the early twentieth century, built in 1901 during the rubber boom (1890-1915) only 50 meters or 0.03 miles from Plaza Armas of Iquitos in the Peruvian Amazon, one of the most bio diverse regions on the planet.
La Casona Hotel has comfortable and airy ensuite rooms, 24-hour reception desk, clean and quiet facilities, cable TV, 24-hour hot water, intercom in rooms, a cafe where you can try a cappuccino, a courtyard to read or chat, a fully equipped kitchenette including a microwave oven and a fridge, video surveillance, a safety box, and friendly and helpful staff always concerned about your satisfaction in or out the hotel.
Additionally, opposite Hotel La Casona, we have the Rio Grande property, with smaller facilities that the hotel, but with the same security, cleanliness and friendly service from the first.
Undoubtedly, the Hotel La Casona Property and Rio Grande are two very good choices for all travelers, from young families to stay short or long duration and the best place to have a great time exploring the Peruvian Amazon.
We will give you a warm welcome to the Amazon, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
Cancellation Policy: 1 day before arrival
Check In: 1.00 pm
Check Out: 12.00 noon
Method of Payment upon the arrival: Cash Only!
Breakfast is not included.
Taxes are included.
1. From the Iquitos Airport:
- By Taxi: S/.15 to 20 Soles. 25 minutes.
- By Mototaxi (rickshaw or tuk-tuk): S/.8-10 Soles. 30 min.
In both cases rates are just for the vehicle, not per person.
* Inside the airport there are registered drivers (those that have an ID). They are the most recommended.
2. From the Masusa or Henry docks (slow boats arriving from the triborder with Colombia/Brazil; Yurimaguas, Pucallpa or Ecuadorian border)
- By Mototaxi (rickshaw or tuk-tuk): S/.4-5 Soles. 20 min.
3. From the Huequito dock (speedboats arriving from the triborder with Colombia/Brazil)
- By Mototaxi (rickshaw or tuk-tuk): S/.3 Soles. 20 min.
Buses from everywhere to the Hotel, Plaza de Armas or to the Tourist office (iPerÃº): S/.1 Sol.
*** BE AWARE: Taxi and Mototaxi drivers also work as touts, vendors selling accommodations and tours for a commission. Probably they will be aggressive in order to suggest you or take you to a company/ies (their clients), but always is better no pay attention them. We strongly suggest visit iPeru (the national tourist office, 161 Napo street or email@example.com) to obtain a list of the registered companies and their reputation (record of complaints), and finally visit several registered options before hiring.