All tour itineraries start from a homestay in New Delhi suburbs (a green area sandwiched between New Delhi and Gurgaon, about a 20 minute drive from New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport, and not far from Qutab Minar, the tallest brick minaret in the world). These tours take you to famous and lesser-known natural and historical sites in New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh (e.g. Agra), Rajasthan (e.g. Jaipur), Haryana, Punjab.
• Chyawanprash (THE most popular rejuvenating Ayurvedic tonic prepared with at least 46 different herbs, and a variety of spices): hike to an extinct volcano + soak in a herbal, healing pond (optional) + taste Chyawanprash + purchase the natural tonic (optional)
• Organic Farm: Enjoy Bullock-cart, camel and tractor rides + rural games and sports + pottery making + authentic organic village meal + dairy and agricultural activities.
• Terracotta Artefacts: Visit most ancient archaeological site from which terracotta artefacts unearthed + village walk + potter’s village + purchase of terracotta items (optional) + guided walk through open-air terracotta museum cum Artists’ Retreat with ancient Banyan tree.
• Miniatures: Museum + Nature Walk/Cycle tour through the Indian countryside to get a taste of the landscapes that inspired the famous art form + picnic + shopping in a colourful nature bazaar
• Murals: Folk art museum + ancient palace complex + nature walk and picnic in Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
• Indian Sauna: Bathe in natural hot, sulphur springs at Sohna + camel ride + ancient monument with a ‘hamaam’
• Yoga & Meditation: Walk through an ancient, sacred grove + picnic in the forest + introductory yoga and meditation session /Massage with Ayurvedic oils
• Phoolkari: Visit to a village famous for this Punjabi form of embroidery, see items being embroidered in Phulkari + purchase of Phulkari products (optional) + village meal + palace visit
• Pietra Dura: See Taj Mahal for the finest sample of this craft + crafts workshop to see artisans working on pietra dura + purchase of souvenirs in pietra dura (optional) + regional cuisine + Tonga ride.
• Indian Costumes: Jaipur City Palace & Museum + garment manufacturing/block-printing/tie-and-dye cottage unit + Shopping for ethnic wear etc + Rajasthani Thali lunch + elephant ride + lecture demo on how to tie a turban/saree.
. New Delhi Topsy Turvy & Quirky: Using a variety of modes of public transport, experience some of Delhi’s well-known, and lesser known, wonders and suburbs from overhead, underground, and surface: on rail or dirt tracks, along narrow alleys and broad avenues using a variety of transport modes (including your own two legs) with different speeds, rhythms, sights, smells, tastes, touches and sounds.
Guaranteed to enthrall, and make you want to explore more, beyond New Delhi Old Delhi and their suburbs: to Agra ( Taj Mahal ), Jaipur ( forts and palaces ), Vrindavan ( temples ), Ajmer ( mosque where wishes are granted ), Pushkar ( Brahma Temple ), Siliserh Lake, Sariska Tiger Reserve, Deeg (palace), Mandawa ( old, painted houses ), Amritsar ( Golden Temple ), Patiala ( palace and fort ) , Kapurthala (Moorish Mosque and palace) , Rishikesh (ashrams, yoga and river rafting), Corbett National Park (Tiger Tracking), Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary…
TAGS: Responsible Tourism, Ethical Tours, Local Travel, Experiential Tours, eco tours, Cultural Tours, Nature Tourism, Homestay Tours, Eco Lodges, Alternative Tourism, Special Interest Tours, Specialty Tours, Wellness Tourism, Holistic Tours, Rejuvenation Tours, Educational Tours, Tours for Women, Tours for Seniors, Safe Travel, Independent Travel, Student Tours, Travel with a Local, Conceptual Tours, Rural tours, Health Tours, Educational Tours, Eco Homestay, Stay with a Local, Travel like a Local, Heritage Tours, Spiritual Tourism, Travel differently, alternative travel, Tours by Locals, Tours with Locals,
|New Delhi Homestay Eco Cultural Tours|
Near Palam Farms, Bijwasan,New Delhi, India
|New Delhi International Airport, IGIA|
Palam Extension, Palam Colony, New Delhi, Delhi, India
|Indira Gandhi International Airport|
|Fun N Food Village|
|Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary|
|Sohna Hot Springs|
|Jamali Kamali Tomb|
|Sariska Tiger Reserve|
|Organic farms |
|Columbia Asia Hospital|
| Palam Vihar|
|VLCC Beauty Parlour and Gym|
|Tau Devi Lal Park|
|Gurgaon Railway Station|
|IFFCO Chowk Metro Station|
|New Delhi Railway Station|
|Inter State Bus Stand|
|New Delhi domestic airport|
|Gurgaon Bus Stand|
|Uppal Orchid Hotel|
|Palam Vyapaar Kendra|
|giant Shiva Statue|
|Ashok Country Resort|
|Osho Centre Najafgarh|
|Rail Museum |
|Hauz Khas Village|
|sheetla mata mandir|