Tuscany Hilltop Towns Walking Tour May 8-15, 2016
8 day-7 night walking in Tuscany hilltop towns and countryside. Group smaller than 16 guests. All local food and superb Chianti and Brunello wines. Local expert guide with degree in geology and interest in Art, History and traditions.You'll love it!
Starting at USD $ 1,945
per Trip PP
Get More Information or Make Your Reservation »
You don't have to be a serious hiker to join this tour. On average we walk 5-6 miles every day with a comfortable pace.
Trip rating 2+ (On a base of 1=easy to 5=strenuous).
Duration: 8-day trip begins in Siena and ends in Chiusi - Chianciano Terme train station that easily connects you to Rome (South) or Florence or Milan (North).
An average day of the trip
On a typical day you hike/walk with your guide in the morning for 3 hours, then we stop at a restaurant or farmhouse for lunch (lunch can last 1hour and half). We serve local food and wines as we believe that food plays an important role in the enjoyment of Tuscany.
In the afternoon there might be some more walking or city stroll. Around 5pm your guide will take you back to the hotel.
Before dinner you will be able to rest a couple of hours.
Dinner will be served in a restaurant in town that you will be able to easily reach on foot. At dinner the guide will not be with you. This is why we planned to have all the hotels in the town centers and pedestrian areas.
Local wine is always included for lunch or dinner. We serve vino della casa (house wine) as the quality of local house wines is very high. Not by chance this part of Tuscany is one of the most famous wine making area in Italy (Chianti Classico, Brunello, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano)
Age range, type of group
You can sign up for this tour if you are a solo traveler or a couple, family or group of friends.
Sleeping and meals
Accommodation: 7 nights in charming accommodations with beautiful views
Meals: All meals, except 2 dinners, included
There is no age restriction. You need to have the capability of walking 5-6 miles every day on a rolling hill terrain with some ascent.
1700€ per person, sharing double room (single supplement 400€)
Get More Information or Make Your Reservation »
• Explore the streets, alleys and piazzas of Siena, Montalcino and Pienza.
• Walk in the beautiful countryside of Monteriggioni along a section of the Francigena Pilgrimage route that connects Canterbury (UK) to Rome.
• Hike in the scenic vineyards and olive groves of the Chianti region
• Explore San Gimignano and its many turrets. One of the most fascinating medieval towns of Italy!
• Enjoy two wine tastings and cellar visits at very small producers of Chianti and Brunello wine. You will learn about wine making directly from the owners.
• Walk to the Abbey of Sant’Antimo and listen monks singing Gregorian Chants.
• Taste the specialties such as pici hand-made pasta, ribollita soup or panzanella and experience the pride of the Tuscany people for their recipes.
• Walk to San Quirico d’Orcia through lush wheat fields and rolling hills.
• Enjoy an informal cooking class with Carmela and Samanta.
• Last but not least this tour is a private tour! It means that you can ask us to tailor the tour to your needs.
Get More Information or Make Your Reservation »gianni stanghellini (View My Profile)
|Tuscany Hilltop Towns Walking Tour Oct 18-25, 2015|
8 day walking tour
Gianni, guide and trip organizer (with a degree in geology)
I am 45 years old and I live in Siena, a beautiful medieval town about one hour south of Florence. Geology is my background (Ph.D.) but to me life is about more than an academic degree. Music, cooking and photographing are my passions. I consider myself lucky to be able to combine all my passions into my travel business. I have been a certified guide for nature walks since 1999. After working many years as a guide and also in the back stage of the travel industry for foreign walking tour companies, I earned my Tour Organizer business license. Let me organize your vacation to Tuscany and other parts of Italy. It’s going to be smooth, stimulating and memorable, mostly because my associate guides are professional, fun and focused on your enjoyment.
No reviews yet, be the first to write a review
for this listing.
gianni stanghelliniTuscany Hilltop Towns Walking Tour May 8-15, 2016
Walk About Tuscany
Siena, Italy 53100Get More Information or Make Your Reservation »Show Filter
Artviva...34.7 mi away
Florence, Italy Sight-Seeing Tours
Siena, Italy Hiking & Trekking Listing
Add a multi-page listing promoting your accommodations, tours or travel services to customers on our network of travel sites. Your listing page can have up to 26 images, unlimited text, interactive map, availability calendar, ecards, photo-gallery and more.Rates From US $17 Per Month
» View Details
Free Travel Ideas Newsletter