Best option to climb Mt Toubkal including guide, itineraries descriptions and all meals and accommodation in Refuge.
2 to 3 days of 5 to 8 hours of trekking
a day, means that we can explore the mountains in optimal conditions, taking altitude and energy into account. We will visit the most remote regions, steep sided , sunny valleys with tiny villages whose way of life hasn't changed for centuries. The last day of the trek will be the day that we climb the Toubkal summit.
Age range, type of group
The maximum altitude attained on this trek is not great and we spend only one night at just above 3000 metres. This means that altitude acclimatisation is not usually a problem. However this trek does involve some days with a good deal of ascent and descent and one or two of the days (although broken with leisurely lunches in the shade) are quite long. Additionally, the summer months in the High Atlas can be hot and July and August particularly so. This does have an effect on trekking performance. For most of the trek we follow well established trails between valleys and villages which are suitable for mules and very straightforward for trekkers. On the ascent of Toubkal and whilst trekking up to the passes on our route, we will encounter zig-zag trails on scree. Because this is a short trip we have only given it the MODERATE grade.
Sleeping and meals
- Lodging in family house upgraded and registered as tourist accommodation. Shared rooms (2 to 4 people), bathroom and toilet facilities (Turkish or European).
- Last night lodging in Neltner refuge (France club alpine).
- Breakfast: tea, coffee, milk, bread, butter, jam, cheese.
- Picnic lunch: fresh Moroccan salad, cheese, tinned tuna fish and sardines*, bread, fruit, mint tea.
- Dinner: Tajine (chicken or mutton* with vegetables), spaghetti, couscous (main courses rotate depending on duration of trek), bread, coffee, tea, cake, fruit.
* Those vegetarians or vegans amongst us need to pre-advise at time of reservation.
for this listing.
Great Vacations & Exciting Destinations Listing
Add a multi-page listing promoting your accommodations, tours or travel services to customers on our network of travel sites. Your listing page can have up to 26 images, unlimited text, interactive map, availability calendar, ecards, photo-gallery and more.Rates From US $17 Per Month
» View Details