10 minute drive to grocery store, 20-25 min drive to EL Yunque, Luquillo and 7 Seas beaches as well as Fajardo, where you can catch the ferry to Culebra or Vieques.
*Newly re-opened south side in Naguabo!*
Kayak & bikes for rent, tours & transportation available.
Laundry available for $2 wash $2 dry
Please note that:
Check in is from 3pm
Check out is by 12 noon
Cancellation policy is 48 hours before the day of arrival
Credit cards are not accepted. Cash is payable upon arrival
Groups are accepted
We are in a small fishing village which is pretty 'sleepy' during the week and QUITE lively on the weekends. Even the liquor store is closed on Tuesdays.
*we recommend that if you are going to take public transportation that you start your journey early in the day. The 'publicos' are mostly a commuter thing and during the weekdays only.*
From San Juan:
Hwy 66 to Hwy 3 to Hwy 53
Exit #13 - Playa Naguabo
stay right off freeway. At stop sign turn right
There will be a fork in the road go towards LEFT (Humacao) follow all the way into Playa de Naguabo. You will see a gazebo and the sea. Turn Left at the gazebo, follow all the way to the end, you can only turn left. Make 1st right, then make next right. House is 6 up on the right. Green and yellow house with Taino symbols painted on front wall. You can park on the street in front of the house.
Public transportation from San Juan International Hostel
1) go to Avenida Ponce de Leon and take any bus to Saguado Corazon train station
2) get off at Sagrado Corazon and board the train ($0.75) going in the direction of Bayamon.
3) get off at the Rio Piedras station, make sure to listen to the announcement! Rio Piedras is going to be RIGHT after the University stop.
4) when you get off the station you will be facing La Plaza del Recreo de Rio Piedras. In front of you will see the Catholic church. You need to go up Calle Arzuaga which is to the LEFT of the church.
5) you need to go 2 blocks, the 1st block will be Calle Brumbough. Continue to the next block which will be Calle Camelia. You will not see a street sign , however, you will know you are in the right place becaue you have come to the end of the plaza. The street in front of you is very wide with an island in th middle and the building on the corner across from you has a green sign and reads El Amal.
6) Go across the street where the EL Amal sign is and look for the vans that are parked on the corner. They have "Humacao" written on the windshield.
7) Board one of these vans and pay $2.75.
8) When you get to the Humacao station look for the "Naguabo" Vans. (Pay $1.75)
9) Take one of these vans to downtown Naguabo and call us from there.
If you can't find a van for Naguabo, you can always call us and we can pick you up for $3.00, or you can negotiate with one of the drivers to bring you to El Malecon de Naguabo.
From Rincon via Southern Route/ Ponce/ Caguas:
Take Hwy 115 to Hwy 2 South towards Ponce
In Ponce, merge onto Hwy 52 towards San Juan
You will pass through the city of Salinas and arrive in Caguas.
In Caguas Exit Hwy 30 towards Humacao
Remain in Left Lane until freeway ends in Humacao.
Turn Left at Stop Light onto Hwy 3 (you will see a shopping center with Western Bank straight ahead).
Remain in Left lane and continue on Hwy 3. You will pass through Punta Santiago (playa de Humacao) and Playa Tropical.
When you reach a fork in the road, turn right towards Playa de Naguabo. Continue on this road. You will see the seaside boardwalk on your right and restaurants and bars on your left. Continue on this road, always keeping the ocean on your right. You will pass an intersection with a gazebo on your right hand side. Stay Right - DO NOT TURN LEFT HERE.
Continue on, again with ocean to your right until you reach a sharp left turn at the end.
You will see the fishing dock on your right hand side.
From here, make the sharp left turn and then make your first immediate right.
Make the next right and 6 houses up is Bahia Del Paraiso green and yellow house with Taino symbols on the front wall. You can park on the street in front of the house.
From Fajardo/ Ferry Terminal:
When you Exit the Ferry Terminal Turn Left at First Stop Light. There will be a power plant to your LEFT.
Follow this road to Hwy 3. You will see a Shell Station on your Right, just before you reach the highway.
Turn LEFT at Stop Light onto Hwy 3/ Hwy 53 heading EAST
Hwy 3 will become Hwy 53. Pay $1.00 toll.
Continue to Exit 13 - Playa de Naguabo.
The Exit loops around under the freeway. Turn RIGHT at the stop sign.
You will come to fork in the road, stay left towards Humacao.
NOTE: Sign will read Naguabo to the right, DO NOT go towards Naguabo, this will take you into town. Stay left towards Humacao.
You will pass a gas station on your left and you will come to an intersection with the ocean straight ahead and a gazebo right in front.
Follow this road, keeping the ocean on your right until you reach a sharp left turn at the end. You will see the fishing dock on your right.
From here, make the sharp left turn and then make your first immediate right up hill.
Make your next right and 6 houses up is Bahia Del Paraiso. Green and yellow house with Taino symbols painted on front wall. You can park on the street in front of the house.