This traditional Cotswold house built of golden yellow local stone is set on a hillside above the vale of Evesham. The Manor of Snowshill was owned by Winchcombe Abbey from 821 until the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539. It then passed to the crown and was given as a gift to Katherine Parr the last wife of Henry VIII.
Since then many alterations and additions have been made, the main part of the current house dates from around 1500, it was extended in the 17th Century.
In 1919 the house was bought and restored by Charles Paget Wade to display his amazing collections, there are 22,000 items which he acquired mainly from antique shops throughout the country. He then set about the gardens, the South West slope was divided into individual garden rooms, each with their own style. Being unable to see the garden all at once leads to a certain mystery and intrigue.
Send An E-Card