This historic trek to Everest Base Camp (5,364m 17,598ft) is one of the most famous expeditions in the world. Mt Everest (8,848m), the world’s highest mountain is known as Sagarmatha “sky head” in Nepalese and Chomolungma.
Famous for its spectacular mountain peaks and the loyalty and friendliness of its inhabitants (the Sherpas), the Everest region (Khumbu) is one of the most popular destinations for tourists in Nepal. While many of the routes through the mountains are arduous, there are ample places to rest and enjoy a meal along the way. Furthermore, don't worry about getting lost. Just ask a local the way to the next village on your route, and they will direct you. Most Sherpas under the age of fifty can at least understand basic English, and many speak it fluently.
is possible in this area the whole year round, the best times to visit are from the beginning of March to mid May and from the beginning of September to mid November. The winters are very cold and snow may make it difficult to travel higher than Tengboche, and also lodges may be closed above this altitude. Summers, on the other hand, are wet, and the spectacular peaks are often lost in the clouds. April and early May is a good time to see the hedgerows and trees bursting into bloom, with Rhododendrons, in particular, adding a spectacular splash of color to the landscape. However, dust from the plains of India during the spring routinely provide less than ideal conditions for clear mountain views. The views are much better after the summer monsoons have cleared the atmosphere of dust, but the days are shorter and cooler.
Sleeping and meals
• All accommodation in 3 star (by Nepalese Standard) hotels in cities- twin sharing rooms
• All Ground transportation
• Kathmandu sightseeing with city tour guide
• Full board meal 3 times a day during the trek and 3 cups of tea / Coffee
• Govt. trained guide and necessary no. of porters with their insurance, salary and meals
• One cultural show and dinner
• National park entry fees and TIMS permit card
• All Domestic Flights according to the itinerary in fixed wing aircraft
• International Flight, Airport tax and Nepal Visa fee $40 for 30 days
• Major meals in Cities
• Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu tour
• All personal expenses such as bar bills, water, extra tea / coffee, snacks, shower, battery re-charge, laundry charge etc.
• Personal clothing and gears, sleeping bag and Down jacket for trek
• Tips for guide and porter
• Cost raised by flight cancellation, emergency rescue charges , landslide, weather, political unrest, illness, re-routing etc which are not within our control
• Personal Travel Insurance
for this listing.
Kathamndu, Nepal Hiking & Trekking Listing
Add a multi-page listing promoting your accommodations, tours or travel services to customers on our network of travel sites. Your listing page can have up to 26 images, unlimited text, interactive map, availability calendar, ecards, photo-gallery and more.Rates From US $17 Per Month
» View Details