Rest in the villages,
it means true rest in beautiful and unspoiled nature, pleasant climate, clean air, water and food, lot of different kind of active rest in the nice villages (walking, horseback riding, biking) through the fields, hils, forests, orchards, accross the streams..., fruite gatering, grass mowing, brandy destilate...
Horseback riding - in stud farm Zobnatica, Cvetni Salas (Flower Ranch)
If you reached the monasteries of Serbia, open the door and enter inside. You will see the things in which Serbia is the richest country in Europe, the works of art which were included already long ago in all encyclopedias of the world as an artistic rarity - the fresco painting - the medieval fascinating paintings on the walls. The pictures on the walls of the monasteries were made already during the 12th, 13th and 14th centuries and they have a magic power. They turn their eyes towards you when you move, they follow you, they appease you, but at the same time they tell a monumental story about the Christendom and the life of the Medieval Serbia... about the golden spoons used in Serbia already in the 13th century, at the time of King Stefan Prvovencani, the rise of the Serbian State during the reign of Emperor Dusan, who was proclaimed Emperor of Serbs and Greeks in Skoplje in 1346. Don't miss the fresco paintings in the monastery of Sopocani (the Assumption of the Holy Virgin), in Studenica (the Holy Cross, Miroslav's Gospel), in Mileseva (the White Angel), in Zica and Manasija, and especially in the outdoor museum as Kosovo and Metohija are also called, the place of the oldest Serbian churches, in the Patriarchate of Pec, Gracanica, Bogorodica Ljeviska and Visoki Decani, with the masterpieces of Byzantine painting of the 14th century.
On the cleanest European rivers: Tara, Drina, Ibara...
Trekking: Valjevo, Ljubovija
Birdswatching: Carska Bara (Emperor pond)
This is one day trip to the heart of the National Park Durmitor, from Sljivansko to lever Tara (12km). Except the extraordinary natural beauty of the Tara canyon, the deepest in Europe and perhaps the most beautiful in the world, there are some other interesting sites when rafting along the rapids:& Ljutica, an underground water course, where the water is sinking into from the highland region under the mountain Durmitor (1500 m) and after its underground voyage seven days long, it comes out in the Tara canyon at the altitude of 650 m, as the strongest spring in Europe (1000 l/ sec during the summer time);
& The bridge on the river Tara built in 1938 that represents the most valuable architectural work from the XX century in Montenegro. It is 150 m high and 365 m long. Rafting under its biggest arch is an unforgettable adventure;
& The monastery of St. Archangel Mihailo, built in the XIII century and renovated in 1998;
& Leveri, the lodging on the former caravan road from Dubrovnik to Carigrad. The ancient shrine to the god Mitra, as well as the tumulus from the Bronze Age, can be seen there.
After this exciting voyage two and a half hours long, lunch will be prepared for all participants (lamb and potatoes prepared in traditional way), with the most beautiful music & the murmur of the pure water. Breakfast, rafting equipment, the National park fee and return to the start position by terrain vehicle are provided.
“SERBIA ALONG THE MORAVA RIVER”
This tour refers to a large group of monasteries (some 80 - 100) located close to the confluence of three rivers, the Southern Morava, the Western Morava, and the Great Morava. The monasteries, and this region in general are marked by a unique style of architecture and painting.
Day one: Morning visit to the monasteries Manasija, Sisojevac, and Ravanica. Lunch in Cuprija.
In the afternoon, visit to Krusevac; tour of Lazarev Grad and the Lazarica church. Dinner, overnight stay, breakfast in Krusevac.
Day two: In the morning, visit to the monasteries Veluce and Ljubostinje. Visit to Vrnjacka Banja, for a pleasant afternoon stay. Lunch, dinner, overnight stay, breakfast in Vrnjacka Banja.
Day three: Morning visit to the monastery Kalenic, followed by visit to Topola. Lunch in Topola.
After lunch, walking tour of Topola; visit to Karadjordjev Grad and Oplenac.
Return to Belgrade
- The Manasija monastery is the legacy of despot Stefana Lazarevica (son of King Lazar) from 1406. - 1418. The monastery is surrounded by a thick, well-preserved wall, with 11 towers. Of the magnificent painting (2000 sq. m) which adorns the monastery, one half has been preserved, the half depicting the "Holy Warriors" - a picture included in all the encyclopedias. The iconostasis is the work of the "Markovic workshop from Pozarevac", and was painted in 1863. The complex represents the progress of Serb construction craft and painting prior to the imminent tragedy.
- The monastery Sisojevac was completed in 1380; its founder and patron was "the iguman of Hilandar - Sisoje Sinajit", whose vault is in the church (along the southern wall). The wall-paintings have been all but totally eradicated by destruction and fires. The iconostasis is a beautiful work of modern art.
- The founder and patron of the Ravanica monastery was the saint and prince Lazar, in the eighth decade of XIV century. The remains of St. Lazar are in a casket in front of the altar. St. Lazar's younger son, Vuk and St Romilo Ravanicki are also buried in this church.
The monastery suffered burning and damage in 1396, 1398, 1436, 1686 and towards the
end of XVIII century. The symbolic wall paintings were completed in 1392.
The iconostasis dates from a later period and was created in the workshop of the famous Janja Moler. A contemporary document
tells us that in 1459. the Turks carried away 12 camelloads of riches "all gold and silver".
- Lazarev grad, with the Lazarica church is located in the center of Krusevac, and, along with the monument to the prince-saint, is a symbol of this city. The construction of the city and the church was finished between 1376. and 1378. The wall painting was subsequently destroyed in the burning and pillaging, while the iconostasis is a fine work dating from 1844. The monument to Prince Lazar was made in 1971, by the famous sculptor Nebojsa Mitric.
- The Veluce monastery was founded by Despot Ivanis, who Emperor Dusan addressed as “parent”. This might have been the middle of 14th century.
- Fresco painting started in the middle of 15th century, while the iconostasis might date back to the year 1834.
- The Ljubostinja monastery was founded by Princess Milica, the widow of Prince Lazar in the period 1390 – 1398. In the Old Slavic language Ljubov – stinja means “place of love”, as on this location, a fair has taken place where the couple met for the first time.
Upon building the monastery and after her husband’s death, Milica became a nun and founded a large community of nuns consisting of widows whose husbands fought in the Battle of Kosovo. The fresco paintings date back to the period 1392. – 1403, while the iconostasis of the year 1820. presents a fine piece of work of the period of Classicism.
In the church parvis, there are two neatly arranged reliquaries in the form of a sarcophagus, with the holy relics of Princess Milica /nun by the name of Eufrosinia, /+ year 1405./ on the left side, while the body of the well-known and wretched poetess and caring court lady at the court of Princess Milica, Jelena /nun by the name of Jefimija/ lies on the right side of the church.
- The Kalenic monastery was built in the period 1407. – 1410. and is one of the most abundantly ornamented monasteries of the “Moravska School” and Serbian architecture. The 14 rosettes of the façade make the exceptional plastic ornaments even more special. The monastery is the foundation of Bogdan, a highly ranked prelate of Prince Lazar and later of Despot Stefan.
The fresco painting of the period of its construction suffered severe damages and was preserved due to its frequent restoration in the course of the centuries. Extremely valuable, its paintings might compare with the pieces of art of Andrei Rubliov who painted in Russia about a decade later. “Wedding in Kana” ranks among special ones and is on the south wall.
Rest in true nature
Serbia & Montenegro, Serbia Eco Tours - True rest in the unspoiled nature, clear air, water and food, with exiting new activities in villages (walking through the woods, fishing, hunting, horse or bike riding, picking up the fruits, tending the brandy) with very cordial Serbian peop...
Accomadation for EXIT festival in the centre
Novi Sad, Serbia Youth Hostels - the apartment is located 100 meters from the center of the town, 10 minutes walking to the Fortress. The apartment is 40 m2, it is designated for 4 people. Price is 300e for 4 people for 4 days. mail d_dijana84 @ y ahoo. c om...
Hostel 'centar' Belgrade
Beograd, Serbia Youth Hostels - Belgrade Hostel Centar is one of the finest youth hostels in Belgrade, Serbia. We offer comfortable, clean, safe and friendly low-priced accommodation in the Belgrade downtown. Best Belgrade's budget rooms with the highest level of service. Make a ri...
Belgrade, Serbia Youth Hostels - Come as guests, leave as Friends! We guarantee You great atmosphere!...
Paddling in Novi Sad, Serbia
Novi Sad, Serbia Kayaking & Canoeing - Our guests paddle along the Danube, in a section with a lot of inlets and islands. The paddling tours lasts the whole day. Paddlers are followed by the catamaran-ship which offers logistic and catering services....
Belgrade city guide and belgrade hotels
Ada, Serbia Tourism Center - We introduce you to Belgrade hotels, independent hostels in Belgrade, offer you free online booking of accommodation in Belgrade, and present you the ultimate city guide!...
Affordable family hotel in the heart of Zrenjanin
Zrenjanin, Serbia Bed & Breakfasts - Vila Filadelfija offers clean and modern rooms in the downtown of Zrenjanin at affordable prices. We make our guests feel like at home with our warm hospitality and personal attention. ...
Novi Sad's Hidden Gem at the foot of the Fortress
Novi Sad, Serbia Youth Hostels - A modern hostel in a next to the banks of the Danube river right under the famous Petrovaradin Fortress. Varad INN Hostel in Novi Sad is specifically designed for today's travelers. We cater to families, backpackers, cyclists tour groups....
Apartment in the heart of Belgrade - Ap. TERAZIJE
Belgrade, Serbia Vacation Rentals - Apartment is located in Belgrade, in the very city center, in pedestrian area, one minute from Terazije, the central square and Terazije fountain - it is the very center of Balkan peninsula and the distance of each place is measured from that point....
Belgrade apartments - apartment - downtown
Belgrade, Serbia Vacation Rentals - The Capital of culture, nightlife & fun: BELGRADE The Penthouse is topmost in the area and offers a unique and unforgettable Belgrade skyline roundview from the giant terrace! It is in fact a house on the rooftop!...
San Art Floating Hostel
Belgrade, Serbia Youth Hostels - San Art Hostel is a privately run hostel, opened in summer 2012. It is located on the Danube River, close to the confluence of the Danube and Sava rivers, in a tranquil and quiet atmosphere of water and wood....