Mt. Everest is the most popular trekking destination in the world. Many people know about Mt, Everest, and dream to be there some day. Even those who have no idea where Nepal is have heard of the great mountain. Imagine realizing the dream of standing in front of Everest and viewing it with your own eyes. While the visit to Everest Base Camp is the goal for many trekkers, the view of Everest itself from the base camp can be disappointing. For the best views of Everest we recommend taking the Kalapatter Trek. This trek can be completed in conjunction with the Everest Base Camp Trek.
Here is the detailed information.
Everest Base camp Trekking involves a tremendous amount of up – and – down walking. A visit to Everest Kalapattar offers an opportunity to explore traditional Sherpa village, Buddhist monasteries, climbing fascinating mountains peaks, visit glacier with the spectacular scenery. The trek provides a dramatic display of mountain flowers. From Kalapattar eyeful view of Everest can be seen and climbing Kalapattar is one of the most rewarding trips.
Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
Per day walking: 5 - 7 hours
Best seasons: February, March, April, May, October, November
Maximum height: 5545m
Duration: 19 days
Suggested Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Flight to Lukla from Kathmandu
Day 02: Lukla to Phadking
Day 03: Phadking to Namche Bazaar (3420m).
Day 04: Acclimatization in Namche
Day 05: Namche to Tengboche (3850m)
Day 06: Tengboche to Pheriche (4240m). /Dingboche (4350m)
Day 07: Acclimatization day
Day 08: Pheriche/Dingboche to Lobuche (4930m).
Day 09: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5160m)
Day 10: Site trip to Everest base camp and Kalapattar (5545m)
Day 11: Trek back to Periche.
Day 12: Trek back to Tengboche.
Day 13: Trek back to Namche.
Day 14: Trek back to Lukla.
Day 15: Flight back to Kathmandu.
• Transportation from / to Kathmandu by air or road, as per itinerary.
• 3 times meal during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner) including the coffee and tea.
• Accommodation with breakfast at $ stars hotel in Kathmandu and best available lodges during the trek.
• Guide with Highly experienced Government license holder and necessary porters during the trek.
• Government/Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide / porter insurance, salary, general equipment, national park and conservation area fees
• Kathmandu City Tour with Experience Tour Guide (Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur) depends on your time frame.
• Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC).
• International airfares
• International Airport Departure Tax.
• Trekking Equipments
• Major meals, Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
• Any type of personal expenses such Alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone, and laundry.
• Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
• Rescue & insurance such travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, stolen or damage to baggage and personal effects. You are advised to insure for it, Click here for more insurance information.
• Tips & Gratuities
Please feel free to write us an email if you have any question regarding this trip