First stop on the itinerary is Sinaia where you will get a chance to visit it's the impressive Palace of Peles. Once a royalty residence, set amongst the hills with breathtaking views. Built in Renaissance style, containing 160 rooms and a collection of medieval weapons. Then onto Transylvania's historical center, Brasov.
The next day will be dedicated to discovering the close by strongholds. In the morning starting off with a guided tour of Brasov's Old Quarter then moving on to the peasant fortress of Rasnov. After on to the famous Bran Castle, dubbed as Dracula's Castle, the main tourist attraction of the Region. One of the most picturesque castles in Romania, sitting on a hilltop with magnificent views. Containing a collection of antique furniture and an open air ethnographic museum. Before heading back to Brasov of we will visit the Saxon Fortified Church of Harman.
Biertan Fortress - Tour RomaniaThe following day we will discover the ancient citadel of Sighisoara, still inhabited to this day and part of the UNESCO heritage cities. It was here were the historical Dracula, Vlad Tepes, was born. Enjoy a visit of its fortress including the Clock Tower, History museum and torture room. Next continuing to the largest of the Saxon Church-Fortresses in Transylvania, Biertan.
Other highlights of this guided tour include Hunedoara castle, considered the greatest fortress in Romania. A spectacular Gothic style castle that served as a Fortress for the Transylvania's ruler, Iancu de Hunedoara. With 3 huge pointed towers, a drawbridge and high battlements, 5 marble columns with delicate ribbed vaults support two halls, and Knight's Hall.
For more details on this tour refer to the "Day by Day Itinerary". This tour is customizable to your request so please inquire for details.
Discover Medieval Towns, Castles and Fortresses of Transylvania!!!
ROUTING: BRASOV - RASNOV - BRAN - HARMAN - BRASOV
- In the morning you can start with a short tour of the Historical Center of Brasov, where you can visit Concil Square, Black Church, White and Black Towers, Weaver's Bastion and Ecaterina's Gate (2 hours approx.)
- Then on to the medieval fortress of Rasnov
- Next we go to Bran
- Bran Castle is dubbed Dracula's Castle; however this is disputed point among historians
- According to the stories of that time, Vlad Tepes (or Dracula) laid siege to it in 1460 when he attacked this land. After centuries, one of the famous residents was Queen Maria of Romania, the granddaughter of Queen Victoria and the wife of prince Ferdinand.
- Visit inside the Village museum of Bran & the Ancient Customs House Museum
- Then after a guided visit of the world famous Bran Castle
- After of the Harman Fortified Church; a Roman basilica with Gothic elements. The west tower, chapels and water moat still maintain this era today. Inside you can find paintings dated back to the 13th century
- Ending the day back in Brasov
- Evening at your leisure
- Overnight in Brasov
ACCOMMODATION: Casa Wagner ***
ROUTING: BRASOV - SIGHISOARA - BIERTAN - ALMA VII - ALBA IULIA
- In the morning departure for Sighisoara – the born place of Vlad Tepes
- Visit Sighisoara the medieval city and fortress including the famous Clock Tower, the History Museum and the Torture Room
- On UNESCO's Word Heritage List and makes the perfect introduction to Transylvania.
- The Old Town or the Citadel is the only one still inhabited in Europe - a lost world and still so at the present!
- After the tour you will have some free time to explore on your own
- In the afternoon we will depart for Biertan
- Visit the largest of the Saxon Church-Fortresses. With double exterior walls and heavy doors bringing alive the medieval spirit. Inside you will find a magnificent gothic altar and the door to the treasury containing 17 locks. In 1995 Biertan Church was included in the UNESCO patrimony.
- Ending the day at Alba Iulia
- Evening at your leisure
- Overnight in Alba Iulia
ROUTING: ALBA IULIA – DEVA - HUNEDOARA
- Visit the old center of the city called "The Citadel" where we will visit the The Reunion Hall and Museum, The Reunion Cathedral, etc..
- Then moving on to Deva for a short visit of its citadel
- Ending the day at Hunendoara
>- Evening at your leisure
- Overnight in Hunendoara
ACCOMMODATION: Rusca Hotel***
ROUTING: HUNEDOARA – SIBIU
- Today We will visit the fabulous Corvin Castle, the greatest fortress in Romania "it is so fantastic and theatrical , that at first glance , it looks totally unreal"
- The most representative castle in this part of Transylvania was built in 14th century and became famous as a property of Iancu of Hunedoara, the great ruler and fighter against the Ottoman Empire at that time
- Continuing to to Sibiu – the Cultural Capital of Europe in 2007
- Sibiu is one of the most important fortified towns in Transylvania. "I rubbed my eyes in amazement" quoted Professor Walter Starkie of Trinity College Dublin. The city is reminiscent of old European cities such as Nuremburg
- Enjoy a short visit here of it's Old Quarter
- Evening at your leisure
- Overnight in Sibiu
ACCOMMODATION: Imparatul Romanilor Hotel***
ROUTING: SIBIU – COZIA – HOREZU - BUCHAREST
- In the morning we will take a scenic drive through the Olt Valley. The route passes the Carpathian Mountains through the valley of the Olt river and is a good chance to admire the outstanding mountain views.
- Stop for a short visit at the Cozia monastery
- Next is Horezu Monastery, another of the U.N.E.S.C.O. sites on this trip
- The Monastery is the largest of the Brancoveanu complexes in Wallachia, and is home to the school that invented this style
- Have a chance to purchase the famous ceramics from this town, the plates notably are renown world wide
- Ending the day in Bucharest
- Evening at your leisure
- Overnight in Bucharest
ACCOMMODATION: Ibis Hotel***
ROUTING: BUCHAREST - AIRPORT
- Transfer to Bucharest Airport and final good-bye from your Romanian Specialist Tour Guide
End of tour services
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc..
GoodTime Tours and Travel Sibiu Romania
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - GoodTime Tours and Travel is one of the top travel agencies in Sibiu-Romania. We offer guided tours in Sibiu-Romania, car rentals, enduro tours and trips, company and VIP services, bike rentals, accomodation, events management. Visit goodtime.ro...
Halloween in Transylvania with Vlad the Impaler
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Transylvania Live invites you to enjoy a holiday placed by the prestigious Fodor's travel guide in Top ten must-do adventures for 2007...
Traditional Romania: Luxury Escorted Itineraries
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Escorted luxury itineraries in Transylvania. Experience traditional village culture, meet Romania's "Living Human Treasures" (UNESCO) , explore medieval Saxon fortified churches, hike Carpathian Mnts. Groups, limited to 4-8, travel in SUV's...
Vampire in Transylvania - Dracula Tour
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - A 7 day HB Dracula Tour intended to Dracula enthusiasts, Transylvania lovers, culture and history fans, adventure seekers. The tour covers the most important historical places related with Vlad the Impaler and the folkloric aspects of Dracula Legend!...
The Dracula and Transylvania Tour
Transylvania, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - When referring to Romania the first thing that comes to mind is Transylvania. Home to some of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe, most relating to the legend of Dracula. On this tour your tour guide will take you on a trip to the past......
Bucharest, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Enjoying a convenient location only 10 minutes by public transport from the centre of Bucharest, Hotel Citadella is 2 minutes from the Eastern Railway Station and 10 minutes from the National Arena stadium. We can offer great tours of the city!...
Awarded Halloween in Transylvania - Short Break
Sighisoara, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Enjoy the best Halloween ever in Dracula's birth place, the Medieval Citadel of Sighisoara! A short break including a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, Vlad the Impaler's birthplace, Transylvania's iconic image, Bran Castle....
Count Dracula Tour
Brasov, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Transylvania is a well known and legendary region of Romania. It is home to some of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe and also keeps the myth and secrets of Count Dracula's legend....
Halloween in Transylvania
Ghimbav, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Do you want to spend the Halloween Night in a Medieval Haunted Castle in Transylvania? What a better way to celebrate Halloween than the home land of Vlad "the Impaler" or better known as Dracula? Join us for details....
Discover Authentic Romania - 3 to 12 day tour
, Romania Sight-Seeing Tours - Private, fully customizable tours of Romania for individuals, families and small groups....
Bassen Pension 3 ***
Transylvania, Romania Bed & Breakfasts - Bassen Pension 3 *** is a german style built pension with a capacity of 10 double rooms (rentable as singles ) each room with TV and bathroom with shower , the accomodation has internal yard , childs play ground , garden , pet friendly (announciati...
Crisana & Banat, Romania Hotels & Resorts - Located in Oradea, in a peaceful green oasis, Silver Hotel conference & spa represents the perfect destination for business meetings, seminars or conferences, as well as an ideal getaway for relaxing and resting. ...
Constanta Mamaia Accommodation Residence Apartamen
Constan�a, Romania Hotels & Resorts - Lodging apartments flats apart hotel in Constanta Mamaia for rent. Booking online. Accomodation residence in serviced apartments with self cathering for short or long term in Constanta Mamaia Romania. ...
Best of Transylvania -7 day Motorcycle Tour
Transylvania, Romania Motorcycle Tours - A tour focused on revealing the essence of Transylvania. Departing from Cluj Napoca, one of Transylvania’s largest urban centres the itinerary ventures into the heart of the county offering rides trough picturesque villages, breathtaking scenery....
GoodTime Xtreme Enduro Tours Sibiu - Romania
Transylvania, Romania Motorcycle Tours - GoodTime Xtreme Tours Sibiu is the first fully licensed Tour Operator which offers enduro tours, offroad trips, adventure travel and customized tours in Romania . Whatever comes to your mind will be organized by true professionals....
Highest Peaks Circuit
Transylvania, Romania Hiking & Trekking - Hiking on Fagaras Mountains, Romania's highest mountains. ...
Danube, Romania Eco Tours - we organize tours in the fantastic wild area-the danube delta and also in the romanian villagges .We run trips in Carpathian mountains,painted monastaires from Bucovina, tours for small and private groups.good romanian food,good romanian wine....
Birdwatching in Danube Delta, Romania
Cluj Napoca, Romania Birdwatching - Birdwatching in Danube Delta. Guided roundtrip with kayak....
Luxor Apart near Prahova Valley's castles & monast
Busteni, Romania Vacation Rentals - The Apartment Luxor Busteni is a cosy 3 star holiday apartment located in the heart of Carpathian Mountains in Busteni mountain resort,Brasov county, Romania...
Apartment Luxor Busteni
Sinaia, Romania Vacation Rentals - Cheap accommodation in Romania, just 45km away from Dracula's Castle Apartment with 3 rooms for max 6 guests, fully furnished Free WIFI...