Great base to walk, cycle or ski around the lakes and mountains of the beautiful Salzkammergut, sightsee in Salzburg or just to chill-out and enjoy the spectacular scenery. Shops & bus stops are 1km away and the town centre with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and bars just 2.2km.
The apartment at Alpine-Meadows has:
- A well-equipped kitchen with everything you need to self-cater, although Breakfast and evening meals are available on request
- A large lounge-diner with comfortable sofas and chairs
- Three cosy bedrooms sleeping up to ten people.
- 1 double bedroom (2 people) + cot on request
- 1 bunk-bed room (2 people)
- 1 family room with a double bed + a bed sofa (4 people)
- Bed sofas (2 people) in lounge
- Private bathroom with shower.
- Separate W.C.
- Central heating and double glazing throughout.
- Satellite TV and DVD player with large selection of DVDs, Books and Boardgames suitable for all ages available free of charge
- Hair dryer
- Free on site laundry
- Drying room
- Bicycle and ski storage
- Luggage store
- Garden with BBQ, with all fuel and tools provided free of charge
- Large breakfast selection available from 7.50 per person
-Three course dinner with wine available from ï¿½20
- Many rooms have wooden floors and/or pine cladding typical of an alpine chalet
Towels and bed-linen are provided.
Your hosts Ken & Karen with their dog Roly, a beagle, live on the premises, and are always available to help make your stay as enjoyable of possible.
You will have exclusive use of the apartment whether you book for 2, 4 or even 10 people. Please note 10 is the maximum number we can accommodate.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONE APARTMENT WHICH CAN ACCOMMODATE ONLY ONE GROUP AT ANY ONE TIME.
From Salzburg Airport:
Take the shuttle bus to the train/bus station. There are regular buses to Bad Ischl (no. 150). You could also travel by train but you need to change at Attnang- Puchheim. Taxis from the station to alpine meadows take about 8 minutes and cost about 8 euro.
Car hire is available from Salzburg Airport all the major companies operate from there.
Journey time is approximately 1 hour.
From the airport follow the signs for A1 Wien & Linz, Follow A1 (Wien & Linz)
At junction 274 for Thalgau leave the motorway. At the T junction turn right towards Thalgau, Wolfgansee and Salzburg Ring. At the roundabout take 2nd exit onto 158 signposted Graz, Bad Ischl, Strobl, St Gilgen, Wolfgangsee.
Keep going straight on the 158 all the way to Bad Ischl. As you approach Bad Ischl: DO NOT TAKE THE FIRST TURN INTO BAD ISCHL continue and go through the tunnel.
Take 2nd turning after the tunnel signposted Graz, Lienzen, Bad Goisern. After about 1-2 km you will see Hofer supermarket on the left, take the next junction right signposted 'Bad Ischl Sud' CARE sharp bend. At the mini roundabout take the 2nd exit to 'Krankenhaus'
Take the 1st right, past the Red Cross on your left and up ï. Eck 21 is a yellow house on your left about 50M after the top of the hill.
NB PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON SAT NAV SYSTEMS TO FIND US -YOU WILL GET LOST! - USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - THEY WORK!!
If you have any problems please call us.
Taxis are available at the airport.
Private taxi transfers- can be arranged, please call or e-mail us for details
From Bad Ischl Bus/train station Station,
Bus to Sulzbach. There is a regular bus service numbers 2576, 8095 which depart at approximately 30 minute intervals from Bad Ischl train/bus station:. You should ask the driver for 'Rotes Kreutze' or 'Kalkgrube'.
This stop is just after you pass a garden centre on your left and is close to the Red Cross building. At the Red Cross building turn left You will see a small sign 'Kalkgrube' at the bottom of a single track road leading up a hill. Walk up the hill, do not turn off, at the top of the hill is a barn with a sign 'Actung Kinder 30' Alpine Meadows ' Eck 21 is a yellow house about 75 metres after the top of the hill, on your left. The entrance is at the back. Please ring the bell.
Directions to Alpine Meadows - Walking:
The bus and train station are together in Bad Ischl. As you leave the train station building turn left across the car park and continue in this direction (parallel to the train tracks) until you are on the river bank. (careful! There are 2 rivers in Bad Ischl and as you leave the station you might be able to see one to your right, that is NOT the one you are looking for.)
- At the river bank, turn right and walk along the path until you come to a bridge by a hotel, there is a Chinese restaurant called the 'Happy Dragon' and a cafe called Sissy on the corner. Cross the bridge. You will see a hotel called the Goldener Ochs on your right, go straight past it, then bear left and follow the road through the suburb of Reitendorf.
You will pass the cemetery and the hospital on your right, after about ten minutes a garden centre on your left and then finally, the red cross on your left on a corner.Turn left here.You will see a small sign Kalkgrube at the bottom of a single track road leading up a hill.Walk up the hill, do not turn off, at the top of the hill is a barn with a sign 'Actung Kinder 30' Alpine Meadows Eck 21 (Kalkgruben strasse 25) is about 75 metres after the top of the hill, on your left. The entrance is at the back. Please ring the bell.
Other Airports in the area are Linz and Vienna. You can travel by train to Bad Ischl but need to change at Attnang- Puchheim.