The Jade Roo is 5 minutes walk from the centre of Dali Old Town, and just around the corner from the Jade Emu. Located in a quiet enclave, the Jade Roo is a great place to relax after a day exploring all that this gorgeous region has to offer.
- 24 hour hot water
- Western bathroom fittings (including bathtub in our private rooms with en-suite)
- Electric heat pads on all beds
- Bar/cafe serving espresso Yunnan coffee (AA+ grade) and a great range of freshly prepared western and Chinese cuisine
- Free Internet access (3 PCs and WiFi throughout the building) with VPN for Facebook access
- Satellite TV (with English channels, including BBC World)
- Games facilities (pool table, table tennis, fussball, dart board)
- DVD library
- Spacious traditional courtyard
- Sunny roof-top area with great views of the Old Town and Er Hai Lake
- Full access to all the Jade Emu International Hostel facilities
From Xiaguan Bus Station:
Expect to pay 40 RMB for a taxi to the Jade Roo International Hostel. The taxi driver will not use a meter to get to Dali Old Town. This is the standard rate for locals as well.
Alternatively, for those on a tight budget...
Catch a taxi to the XiaGuan train station (5 RMB) and follow the instructions listed below.
From Xiaguan Train Station:
Catch the No.8 Bus outside the train station. The fare is 1.5 RMB. Get off at the West Gate in Dali Old Town (approximately 30 minutes on the bus. It is the last stop). From the West Gate, cross the highway and turn left (south) along the highway. You're going the right way if you pass the transit police building. Walk about 450m until you see the 40 square metre Jade Roo International Hostel sign on the right.
Currently because of roadworks on the 214 National Highway you will most likely get dropped off near the East Gate of Dali Old Town. To walk to the Jade Roo is approximately 20 minutes. A taxi will cost about 10 RMB (they won't use the meter). Be sure to tell the bus driver you want to get off at Dali Old Town or otherwise you might find yourself in XiaGuan (Dali New City).
From Dali Old Town
Some mini-buses from Kunming and Lijiang will drop you off in Dali Old Town at various locations. With the map in hand it is an easy walk to the Guest House. If it's been a long day and your backpack/luggage is too heavy, a local taxi will drive you to the Jade Roo for 10 RMB.
From Dali Airport
A Taxi from the airport will cost 80-100 RMB to the Jade Roo International Hostel
An important note about taxi drivers...
Some drivers may try to tell you a range of stories such as 'The Jade Roo no longer exists' or 'The Jade Roo is in a dangerous area of Dali'. They do this in an attempt to take you to a less reputable guesthouse that pays them commission to take you there. Our advice in this situation is to find another driver.
Still having trouble finding us? Just give us a call (with the number provided by Hostelworld after booking) from Dali Old Town West Gate and we will come and meet you!
|The Jade Roo International Hostel|
Area10, West Gate Village, Dali, China