A big part of the lodge is our turtle hatchery, created as part of our dedication to protect sea turtles and help their population grow. We offer guests the opportunity to go on a nighttime turtle walk to witness the magical experience of sea turtles laying their eggs. We then save the eggs to ensure they will not be taken by turtle poachers through burying them in our onsite hatchery. The first hatching of the season is expected in mid-October and will continue until February.
We offer a variety of affordable accommodation options -- from private beachfront cabanas with en-suite washrooms, a front terrace and hammock, to private rooms, a large shared dorm room and even camping. All options come with beautiful ocean views.
Feeling adventurous? Then take part in some of our various activities or tours including:
- Nighttime turtle walk
- Surfboard rental and lessons
- Horseback riding
- Beach volleyball
- Beach bonfires
Whatever you're in the mood for, we'll do our best to accommodate and make your stay as memorable as possible.
See you at the beach!
Directions to the Lodge from Leon (by public transport):
1. From 'El Mercadito de Sutiaba' in Leon, take a public bus to Poneloya. (The bus leaves every hour.)
2. Get off at the last bus stop at the top of Poneloya, where the bus turns around.
3. Follow the map on our billboard to 'Chepe's Bar' (5 minute walk).
4. Once at 'Chepe's Bar,' ask them for a boat to take you to Isla Los Brasiles. (Boat costs $1 per person and is paid to the boat driver.
5. Got a lot of luggage? Then simply call us and we'll send our horse carriage to pick you up.