Travel Restricted Areas
Vehicles are not permitted to enter Mexico at any time. Travel to Death Valley is limited to the low season (01 October through 30 April) due to extremely high temperatures which can cause system failures. Also, a $10/night fee applies to any travel within the United States (including Alaska). Guests assume all responsibility for any expense or loss of time while traveling in restricted areas.
There is a surcharge of $500 for rentals starting from Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal or Halifax with permission to travel on/in:
* Alaska Highway north of Fort St. John, British Columbia
* Cassiar Highway (#37) north of Kitwanga, British Columbia
* Highway 35 north of Peace River, Alberta
* Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut, Newfoundland
* Quebec & Labrador north and east of Sept-Iles