Day 1 Arrive in Lhasa (alt. 3600m)
Welcome to the “Roof of the World.” On your arrival to Tibet, we will meet you at the airport or train station and transfer you to the hotel . Plan on taking it slow the rest of today, so you can adjust to the altitude. Remember to drink plenty of water and get plenty of sleep for the long journey ahead.
Day 2 Tour of Lhasa [B]
This morning you’ll wind your way up through the stunning, awe-inspiring Potala Palace. Built in 637 AD by Songtsen Gampo, it was the former winter residence for the Dalai Lamas and is truly a splendor of Eastern architecture. Next, visit the Jokhang Temple, the center of Tibetan Buddhism, also built in the 7th century on the legendary pond of “Wothang.” Later after lunch, witness the famous debate sessions by the monks at Sera Monastery. And finish the day by taking a Kora around the Barkhor. Test your bartering skills with the locals in this push-and-shove economy.
Day 3 Drive to Shigatse via Gyantse [B]
In the morning you’ll start the drive to Shigatse, via Gyantse on the Southern Friendship Highway. Crossing over the summit of Kamba La (4794 m), you’ll see the tranquil turquoise waters of Lake Yamdrok below; one of the three holiest lakes in Tibet. Far in the distance you’ll spot the towering massif Mt. Nojin Kangtsang (7191 m), and the staggering Karo-la Glacier (5045 m). Afterwards, you’ll drive to Shigatse, and overnight there.
Day 4 Tashilumpu Monastery & Drive to Mt. Everest [B]
This morning you’ll have a chance to visit Tashilumpu Monastery, the home of the Panchen Lama, which is essentially a walled town with cobbled and twisting lanes that revolve around a magnificent monastery. Then be driven to Rongbuk Monastery (optional), the highest monastery in the world. This evening you’ll have the intoxicating view of Mt. Everest. Overnight in local guesthouse or tent.
Day 5 Mt. Everest Base Camp & back to Shigatse [B]
Wake this morning below the stunning north face of Mt. Everest, (8848) the tallest mountain on earth. After breakfast, drive the remaining 8 km to visit Everest Base Camp. Then, drive back to Shigatse, and be wrapped again in the endless vistas of the Tibetan plateau.
Day 6 Back to Lhasa [B]
You’ll drive back to Lhasa, but don’t worry, you’ll take a slightly different route this morning back to Lhasa. So, sit back and enjoy another full day of breathless mountains under an endless Himalayan sky.
Day 7 Lhasa & Return Home [B]
Free time in the morning for you to wander around Lhasa. Take a last, memorable look at the Potala Palace before being transported to the airport at 12:00 p.m.
1) Airport or train station transfer: The free airport pick-up is at 3:20 p.m. and see off is at 12:00 p.m., and train station see off is at 7:00 am. These are the most common times in and out of Lhasa, but if you would like to schedule a different time enter/leave Tibet we will be happy to arrange that at the following prices:
Single way between Lhasa and airport $31/p.p
Single way between Lhasa and train station $12/p.p
2) Accommodation: 5 nights stay in comfortable hotels in Tibet (3 or 4 star according to your prefer). 1 night stay nearby EBC in tent or guesthouse according to the weather.
3) Meals: mainly Breakfast. See detailed itinerary for complete listing.
4) English Speaking Guide: All of our guides are local Tibetans with infectious smiles and a passion for sharing their homeland. From them you’ll receive extensive information about the history, geography, culture, religion, traditions, art and music.
5) Vehicle Rental & Driver: All of our vehicles are well maintained and safe. Our drivers are experienced in driving in the Tibetan landscape. Vehicle type will be arranged according to group size.
6) Travel Permits: All Tibet traveling permits.
7) Entrance Fees: All entrance fees listed in the itinerary, (except optional sites) including vehicle and personal entry permit for Qomolangma Nature Preserve
1) Transportation to and from Tibet.
2) Other services of non-Tibet parts
3) Private expense like laundry, IDD calls, drinks in the room, etc.
4) Extra expenses incurred due to unexpected natural events (delays, road washouts, etc.)
5) Meals not specified in the tour itinerary
6) Tips for the tour guide and driver
|the Potala Palace|
|Mt. Everest Base Camp|
|Nov 1 - Mar 31||$680||$752||per person|
|Apr 1 - Oct 31||$700||$782||per person, except August|
|Aug 1 - Aug 31||$836||$938||per person|
|Link Code |