A Daily English tour Departure fromEilat at 07:00.
The ancient city of Petra, the "treasure of Jordan", is one of the seven wonders of the world. It is located two hours drive north of Aqaba.
Petra is an inheritance that has beenleft bythe Nabataens who were brave warriors and industrious scabblers settled insouthern Jordan more than 2000 years ago. Petra's peculiarity is its wonderful location, in the heart of the desert. The city is located in the mountains which depending on time of the day take a dyeinto pink, dark red, purple or orange. From the main entrance the visitors will pass between the precipitouscliffs through the awesome Siq, a huge crack in the sandstone 1,2 km.long.
The most famous Petra monument, the Treasury, is the completion of the Siq. In addition, hundreds of building, facades,crypts, baths, mourning halls, temples, and, off course, the roman theater of three thousand seats built in the 1-st century BC, are of great interest.
After visiting Petra you will havelunch at a local restaurant with an extensive selection of oriental dishes.
Sight-seeing tour in Aqaba and return to Israel.
Estimated time of return to Eilat is 19:00.
Age range, type of group
Way Difficulty in the Petra site : the way in Petra is medium difficulty part sandy and part stones ,by our expiriance in the field of Petra tours in the last 7 years there is no special difficulty in wallking in the Petra site in case you do have some phisical problem by wallking we recomend taking the special transportation in the Petra site and here you have Camels, Donkeys, Horses and Horses with Carriages .
Policies & Restrictions
Visa requirement to Jordan: regarding the visa to Jordan alot of People are mistaken almost all the time , the visa requirement for Jordan is only Valid for certain countries like : Andora, Colombia , India , Chile ,Moldova , South Africa and some more countries . in the case you have a nationality of any of this countries you need to request a visa in the Jordan Embessy at least 2-3 weeks before getting to Jordan , if you didnt make it we can help you to make the visa in the Border of Jordan "Fast visa " (but of course it will cost you 50 USD Per person) and of course we will need to know about this in advance of a day minimum .
Multi Passports Or Israel Passports : if you need to cross any of the borders of Israel or take a flight to any destination you will need by law of Israel to show your Israel passport by your departure and arrival , if you have 2 passports Israel and any other country you also will need to show the Israeli one at your departure from Israel .
10.Local Currency and do i need to change money ? regarding the local currency , the local currency in Jordan is Jordan Dinnars that equals to 1.5 USD in avarge or to 1 EURO also in Avarge
if you need to by souviners or anything alse in Jordan you can use any currency you like such as : USD,EURO,NIS all the shops knows the exchange rate and ready to get from you any currency you will give them , if you need to change money from USD or EURO or ISRAEL SHEKELS to Dinnars we recomend for you to do this on the Jordan side it will be less commsion for you and a better exchange rate .
1. Travel to Jordan by yourself or by tour company
: After so many years of the same important question regarding what is better going by myself to Petra or by tour company we are here to finally answer you : in case you are going by your self you will have no organization or tour company that will meet you in the Jordan side while crossing , the cost of the tour will be higher because you will have the following payment in this Petra day tour
1. Jordan and Israel Border fees - 65 USD Per person
2. Transportation to Petra and Back - depends on what car but approximately - 150 USD
3. tour guide to guide you during walking in the site - 100 USD
4. Lunch - approximately - 25 USD Per person
5. Petra 1 day entrance fee : 128 USD Per person
Total you have here: 666 USD for 2 person
*Remember, all of this is not organized so it is harder to get it immediately, in case you are going by our tour company it will cost you total of 250 USD and every thing is made for your comfort and pleasure.
2. Way Difficulty in the Petra site: The way in Petra is medium difficulty part sandy and part stones, by our experiences in the field of Petra tours in the last 7 years there is no special difficulty in walking in the Petra site in case you do have some physical problem by walking we recommend taking the special transportation in the Petra site and here you have Camels, Donkeys, Horses and Horses with Carriages.
3. Getting lost in Petra possible or not?: The Site of Petra consists of 33 quadro KM and it is very easy to get lost if you are not following the guide or not going by the Siq road that is going straight all the time so in case you hear for the guide and going only by the main road you don't have a chance to get lost in the Petra site .
Student card get you - 10% discount
|All the Year ||US $175||US $200||Special rates |
*Please contact advertiser
for rates & availability for your travel dates.
My Petra trip was amazing
Oct 25, 2012 04:24 am
i have been i this Petra tour and it was amazing i recomend this tour to Petr ato any one who comes to Israel ... more
- Special Offer