Alabama, United States
Tropical Tree Climbing (TTC) was conceived when Leonide Principe took his first tree climbing lessons in 1997 while on scientific expeditions focused on photographing Amazonian epiphytes for the "Aerial Plants of the Amazon" project, which was supported and sponsored by the Department of Culture of the Government of the Amazon State of Brazil. From that moment, Leo knew he wanted to do something with the knowledge acquired from those early experiences. In 1998, Leo and his wife, Vanessa began to build Tropical Tree Climbing's place, set in a private nature reserve spread over 670 acres of South America's last remaining lowland tropical rainforest in Presidente Figueiredo.
Tropical Tree Climbing’s mission is to provide their visitors with a truly exciting, safety and low impact adventure travel. Our objective is to protect, connect, explore and bring awareness on a deeper level to the Brazilian Amazon rainforest. We customize our expeditions to suit your individual needs and desires.
To become the center of information and training for tree climbers, specializing in tropical areas of the world.
- Authentic experiences: (such as cultural visits, hiking, tree climbing, etc) and simple or comfort accommodations highlighting the natural beauty and solitude of the Amazon.
- Low-impact wilderness ethics: to emphasize its commitment to and respect for natural environments.
- Excellence in guiding and outfitting services: to ensure that the safety of the client is paramount.
- Smaller group sizes: to maximize client experience and minimize environmental impacts.
- Authentic, educational experiences: highlighting local natural and cultural history.
- Local expertise and services: to benefit the local economy.
- Tree climbing certification: for individuals aspiring to become professionals in the outdoor eco-adventure industry.
My Favorite Listings
- Tropical Tree Climbing | 2 Days / 1 Night
Tropical Tree Climbing gives our clients, a truly exciting experience and a deeper sense of connection with the rainforest by providing eco tours for families and nature lovers of all ages in the Brazilian Amazon.
Manaus, Brazil Eco Tours
Starting At: 760 Reais Per Person