SOUTH SOUND VILLA
LUXURY WATERFRONT VACATION RENTAL
British Virgin Islands, BVI
Virgin Gorda Villa
South Sound Villa on Mattie Point
"Make me an offer for the weeks you want"
6 BEDROOMS SLEEPS 12-16 HORIZON EDGE POOL 4600 SQFT LIVING SPACE/OUTDOOR DECKS
15 FT SQUARE WATERSIDE DOCK WITH FRESH WATER SHOWER ON-SITE WASHER/DRYER
SAILBOARD 3 KAYAKS DINGHY UNDER SPECIAL CONDITIONS
BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE LOCATION WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE
A very special private waterfront Virgin Gorda villa for rent on its own private peninsula , this 6-bedroom vacation rental home sits at the end of Mattie Point, with water on three sides and Gorda Peak behind. South Sound is a spectacular secluded area of Virgin Gorda, where you hear the waves breaking on the reef and your neighbors are pelicans, turtles and fish. To one side you'll see the Hurricane Hole and to the other is Great Hill. On the far side of Great Hill are fun places to visit such as Biras Creek, Saba Rock, and Bitter End Yacht Club, all on Virgin Gorda. Swim in the infinity edge pool overlooking the sound or snorkel off the private dock to some of the best underwater viewing on the island of Virgin Gorda. If you're a little more adventuresome, take the 12' dinghy or one of our three kayaks out to the 5000 foot reef for more snorkeling fun or motor over to the Hurricane Hole for exploration. Thrill seekers may even want to try out the villa sailboard on South Sound.
The Main House
This Virgin Gorda rental vacation villa has been designed to let the ocean breezes and sunlight surround you. The Mexican clay tile main floor is a free flowing area, including a living room with a built-in CD entertainment system, dining room and fully equipped kitchen with a seating bar for drinks. Double French doors along both front and back of the villa open to beautiful ocean views of Virgin Gorda. A 12 foot wide covered front deck stretching the entire length of the house is a great place for a casual lunch, a romantic candlelit dinner or your afternoon nap in the hammock or chaise. The 8 foot wide garden deck, with a stainless steel propane BBQ, will give you all the sun you want. Even the main floor bathroom extends into the outdoors, through sliding glass doors to the glass block enclosed double shower.
The U-shaped kitchen is equipped with a large side-by-side ice maker new GE refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and electric self cleaning range. A complete set of kitchen utensils, small appliances and cookware is provided as well as glasses/dinnerware for 16. We also maintain a large selection of spices and basic condiments/supplies for your use.
Upstairs, you will find two bright and cheery bedrooms with walk-in closets, seating for two and overhead fans. One bedroom has a king size pillow top bed, and the other has two twins. The bathroom’s oversize shower has two sliding windows, which can be recessed into the wall, providing a great view of South Sound and the mountains of Virgin Gorda that surround it. A bridge, open to the first floor, connects the bedrooms. Extra guests can sleep on the queen sleeper sofa in the living room.
Virgin Gorda Pool
The horizon edge 12,000 gallon pool is 5ft to 7ft deep with its own rock waterfall and lots of tile decks all overlooking South Sound. The pool deck has 8 chaise lounges and a 50 inch table with four chairs. If you want to lounge near the pool, but be out of the sun, enjoy our covered deck, which also has a 50 inch table, four more chairs and an entrance to the lower shower. Enjoy a drink at our covered poolside wet bar.
Our pool wing has four more bedrooms and two bathrooms in a separate structure, connected by a bridge to the Main House of the villa and overlooking the pool.
The main floor includes the master bedroom area, a second bedroom, a bathroom with a glass block enclosed shower, and a covered veranda with chairs and tables, overlooking the pool and South Sound.
The master bedroom features a sitting area with rattan queen sleeper sofa, love seat and tables, 12 foot glass sliders to the veranda, views of South Sound on three sides and a king size pillow top bed.
The second bedroom is furnished with a queen pillow top bed, overlooks the pool and has double French doors opening to the veranda.The pool deck bedroom has a queen pillow top bed, overlooks the pool and deck and connects to the lower level bathroom and shower.
The top floor bedroom has a queen size pillow top bed and provides 360 degree views of South Sound and the mountains that surround the villa. Each bedroom has its own closet and accessory seating.
Lush tropical landscaping surrounds the villa and pool. We have selected a wide variety of flowering plants as well as trees. The villa has a cement access road as well as cement driveways/parking area and perimeter fencing/cattle guard to keep cattle out.
The villa telephone system includes a fax/printer/copy machine, answering machine and 6 dual line wireless phones. Ask us about our very popular special low rates for incoming and outgoing telephone/fax service to the USA/Canada/other international calls. Lets you keep in touch.
Cellular (Verizon at $1.29 per min in or out) and GSM phones do work on the island. Ask your existing carrier for international roaming , which would allow for the use of your existing phone to operate in the BVI. E-mail me regarding specifics on how to do this. Android, iphones and Blackberry devices will operate with the villa internet.
Wireless high speed internet service (802.11b/g) is available throughout the villa.
2) Overhead fans are in the living and dining rooms and all bedrooms.
3) A stereo 27 inch TV/VCR/DVD with tapes and DVD's in the living room. Tapes/DVD's can be rented on the island as well. No broadcast TV service.
4) A washer/dryer is on the lowest level of the main house. An iron and ironing board are also provided.
5) A 12' fiberglass dinghy and outboard motor for use under special conditions (Ask owner), as well as a sailboard, a 2 person kayak, and two 1 person kayaks are available for your use and kept at our dock.
6) The CD sound entertainment system has speakers in the living room and outdoor deck. Bring your favorite CD's or listen to ours. Ipods can be connected to the system.
7) The villa kitchen is furnished with a coffee maker, coffee bean grinder, blender, food processor, four slice toaster, mixer, electric can opener, electric knife, electric wok, electric fondue pot and lots of tools. We also provide basic condiments and spices.
8) Our telescope is great for night viewing of the stars, and since the skies are very clear above Virgin Gorda and South Sound has few light sources, the view is great.
9) Take the stone walkway to the our dock for boating, swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving in South Sound. (Water shoes or snorkel fins recommended). Relax on our waterside 15 ft X 15ft dock with great views, fresh water enclosed shower and cooling breezes.
10) A beach umbrella, beach towels, beach mats and food coolers are in the Main Villa House.
11) Five full sets of scuba equipment with one S, one M, two L and one XL buoyancy compensators are provided for those with scuba licenses ONLY. We also have 4 tanks. This is life support equipment and must be used ONLY by persons trained in their use. Padi license(s) must be sent via fax prior to your visit.
12) Soft Baby crib for the little ones.
13) Outdoor Propane Grill with side burner. Utensils are in the kitchen.
Our rental rates include BVI 7% tax and maid service midweek and weekend of your stay. Other arrangements can be provided.
The South Sound Road, which leads to the villa, connects to the main Virgin Gorda government road, running between the Valley and Gun Creek. The South Sound Road is a one lane island road about 1 mile long, which goes through pasture land with cattle and is level and flat and easy to drive on. You will also pass a private equestrian facility with wood fencing and a large indoor riding rink as well as stables. The cattle are peaceful and will cause you no harm. If they happen to be in your way, just slowly pass by them.
We recommend a rental car be secured for your transportation while on Virgin Gorda, with several different types of rental vehicles available. We can arrange a rental for you and have the agency we work with pick you up at your point of entry. They will have the villa key, as well as a map to guide you to the villa. You can view the cars they have available by going to the link near the bottom of the page. Select the car you want and we will reserve it for you and get you a discount. Contact us for details.
The villa has a guest book for your comments, as well as booklets with information on dining spots, maps, and information on what to do on Virgin Gorda, plus books on the history, flora and fauna of Virgin Gorda.
Virgin Gorda Villa